Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
venusdiablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 75
Default George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Full story [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

British and Commonwealth Super-Middleweight Champion George Groves will headline the Wembley Arena on Friday 14th September.

"Then on my return, if it's going to be Anderson, then I don't need motivating to destroy him,"

"He's been mouthing off ever since the fight was cancelled in March, I'll have great pleasure in giving him another beating."

The Wembley card will feature two further big title fights: Billy Joe Saunders' first defence of his Commonwealth Middleweight Championship that he won in quick time at the Royal Albert Hall, and unbeaten prospect Bradley Skeete goes for the first title in his career when he takes on Chas Symonds for the Southern Area Welterweight title.
venusdiablo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
madg321
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 499
vCash: 642
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Prick starting to sound like haye
madg321 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Clint Eastwood
Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London, England.
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Alot of people rate Anderson, but i can't see him being anything better than British level. Groves will stop him again inside 6 rounds
Clint Eastwood is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusdiablo View Post
Full story [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

British and Commonwealth Super-Middleweight Champion George Groves will headline the Wembley Arena on Friday 14th September.

"Then on my return, if it's going to be Anderson, then I don't need motivating to destroy him,"

"He's been mouthing off ever since the fight was cancelled in March, I'll have great pleasure in giving him another beating."

The Wembley card will feature two further big title fights: Billy Joe Saunders' first defence of his Commonwealth Middleweight Championship that he won in quick time at the Royal Albert Hall, and unbeaten prospect Bradley Skeete goes for the first title in his career when he takes on Chas Symonds for the Southern Area Welterweight title.
i think you have jumped the gun by your title, its not signed or anything. Yes groves si fighting ,but not confirmed that Kenny is in the corner
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Does Anderson even deserve this fight? Fair enough Groves pulling out was a shitter, especially if he wasn't really injured but has he fought an eliminator or even anyone close to British title level?

Where are the Paul Smith's, Tony Dodson's, Fielding's or even a Paul David.

In short, he's already been knocked out by Groves and has fought no one at British level:

It's got the makings of mismatch. Again.
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Clint Eastwood
Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London, England.
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Does Anderson even deserve this fight? Fair enough Groves pulling out was a shitter, especially if he wasn't really injured but has he fought an eliminator or even anyone close to British title level?

Where are the Paul Smith's, Tony Dodson's, Fielding's or even a Paul David.

In short, he's already been knocked out by Groves and has fought no one at British level:

It's got the makings of mismatch. Again.
Groves was put in his arse and was awful at the beginning. He will want to show how much he has improved etc. Groves should fight Degale again
Clint Eastwood is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
Groves was put in his arse and was awful at the beginning. He will want to show how much he has improved etc. Groves should fight Degale again
Will Anderson give Wayne Reed a rematch?
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,854
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

I read the other day he wants to 'punch him in the throat'. That will stoke the fires some more .

Smith vs Anderson in September, got a feeling Groves will pull out and take on winner of WBO title fight.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
boxingcrazy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

I don't see anything else than a Groves win, Kenny will try early on but imo will be stopped again but maybe after taking a bit of a beating first
boxingcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Anderson hasn't beat anyone with a winning record bar wayne reed.. over-rated?!?! GG KO 4
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LONDON
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post

Smith vs Anderson in September, got a feeling Groves will pull out and take on winner of WBO title fight.
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
flatulent_bob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 476
vCash: 498
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Will Chunky be on the undercard? An extra **** you from Uncle Frank.
flatulent_bob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
lifestylechoice
Everymothersdream
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bristol
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

I though Groves was fighting some Mexican out in the US on a Golden Boy show? Or am I late on this one?
lifestylechoice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
robbie_s
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Like the description they've given for Buglioni-Meteoric rise, 4round fight and looking to move to 5-0 dont strike me as being partic impressive especially compared to eubank jnr...
robbie_s is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #15
airdrie diamond
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Default Re: George Groves vs Kenny Anderson at Wembley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifestylechoice View Post
I though Groves was fighting some Mexican out in the US on a Golden Boy show? Or am I late on this one?
He is - next Saturday night though.
airdrie diamond is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013