Old 07-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I think Stann is going to KO Bisping at 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Yes, I think Bisping is going to lose a fight so therefore I HATE him! That's another 12 year old put on my ignore list.
It's not because you're picking against him, it's because of the way you describe his career and losses (getting knocked out is "humiliated" now?) and ignore his important positive fights. Maybe you're just one of those clowns that talks about fighters that way because you're jealous of the fact that they actually get out and fight, but it sure sounds like you're down on Bisping. Also, feel free to address Stann's losses to guys that aren't even gatekeepers.

And by the way, I was just kidding about my advice last time; you should certainly bet everything that you own on Stann to stop Bisping.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #17
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I am genuinely not interested in children who scream "YOU HATE HIM!" every time you tip against a fighter or take a critical view of his career. It's beyond infantile.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
It's not because you're picking against him, it's because of the way you describe his career and losses (getting knocked out is "humiliated" now?) and ignore his important positive fights. Maybe you're just one of those clowns that talks about fighters that way because you're jealous of the fact that they actually get out and fight, but it sure sounds like you're down on Bisping. Also, feel free to address Stann's losses to guys that aren't even gatekeepers.

And by the way, I was just kidding about my advice last time; you should certainly bet everything that you own on Stann to stop Bisping.
- I think Bisping himself has commented on the fact that it was a public humiliation to get a flying hook to the face when he was already prostrate and unconscious. Argue with him.

- By his "positive" fights, you mean his two losses to Sonnen and Evans? I don't view losses as all that positive, thanks. Bisping did not deserve the decision in either fight, he was beaten by two top 5 guys, I don't see what reaction you feel that merits. No, these losses do not say to me that he automatically beats a bad style match-up for him in Brian Stann

- Yeah, I'm "jealous" of Bisping because I think he might lose his next fight against a very dangerous fighter who is a bad match-up for him!! I take back that comment about you being 12, probably closer to 6 or 7.

- I will address Stann's losses, no sweat. His losses at lightheavy are in part because he was too small for the weight, that's why he moved down. Soszynski capitalized on the key weakness in Stann's game, his grappling. I don't view that as being a factor in a fight with Bisping. He lost to Cantwell in only his 7th fight, and then avenged it. He lost to Phil Davis, who is a top 10 lightheavyweight and one of the best wrestlers in the UFC and was much, much bigger than him. Of course he lost that fight, Davis would wrestle**** the shit out of Bisping as well, with ease. Since then, the only loss has been a juiced Sonnen, again a ground-based loss. Not relevant to this fight IMO. If Stann had moved to mw earlier, he could have avoided the two losses to lesser fighters. If Bisping had stayed longer at lhw, he could have incurred more losses to bigger men, starting with a rematch to Matt The Hammer Hamill, who beat him anyway IMO.

- I'm not sure if I feel strongly enough about this fight to bet money on it, I fancy Stann but it's not a given. I wanted to have a discussion about an interesting fight, had no idea that some stupid fat baby would start accusing me of hating someone I don't know or being jealous of someone I don't know.

IMO, Bisping has never beaten anyone as good as Stann and Stann has never beaten anyone as good as Bisping. That's what makes it interesting.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
I am genuinely not interested in children who scream "YOU HATE HIM!" every time you tip against a fighter or take a critical view of his career. It's beyond infantile.
I don't know your history of exchanges with Wilhelm, but I didn't see anything I would consider offensive in this thread's back and forth. He was having a reasonable discussion and you jump out with the ignore list threat. If you like Bisping, you could have simply said that.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I don't know your history of exchanges with Wilhelm, but I didn't see anything I would consider offensive in this thread's back and forth. He was having a reasonable discussion and you jump out with the ignore list threat. If you like Bisping, you could have simply said that.
I do find it offensive when someone accuses you of "hating" a fighter because you believe they might lose their next fight to a very dangerous fighter who is a bad style match-up for him. As in, offensively shit, the behaviour of a boring internet kid that it's not worth talking to. To say "you hate him" is like the calling-card of the moron on here IMO, it's just so laughably overdone, baseless, unjustifiable, infantile, tedious, cretinous, and so on.

I think Bisping is generally overrated because his record is good (numerically-speaking) but his resume is not (in terms of wins over high-level comp), but I have absolutely no ill feeling towards him whatsoever, and the fact that I even have to spend time explaining this is exactly the sort of insanely boring childish shite I want to avoid, hence my initial reaction to put Wilhelm on the ignore.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #21
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
I don't really understand this nonsense about the closeness of the Bisping and Sonnen fight. Sonnen clearly won rounds 1 and 3. Where's the dubiety here??? It was a competitive but clear 2-1 win for Sonnen all day long. I'd like to see a rematch because it was close and exciting, but the outcome was clear-cut.
That's your opinion. You are in the minority. Even Sonnen thought he lost the fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
And this issue doesn't mean much in this fight. Bisping did better vs (non-roided) Sonnen than Stann did against (roided) Sonnen because he has better TDD and defensive grappling/ground-game than Stann. How is that going to help him here exactly? Stann isn't going to be going for takedowns and top control at all, and neither is Bisping, so that aspect of the game is irrelevant.
Yes, you have just repeated exactly the same thing I said back to me.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #22
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
I kinda doubt it. Stann hits hard and is a tough guy, but I don't see him catching Bisping long enough or often enough to win. Bisping is pretty good with game plans and pecking out wins, so I'm picking him to get the ud.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Bisping has NEVER beaten anyone as good as Stann, so how do we know his 'gameplans' will work against a guy as good as Stann?

IMO, the best fighter Bisping has ever beaten was Matt Hamill, and that was years ago in a different weight class - plus Hamill beat him anyway really. And Hamill was not a significantly better fighter than Stann, no way.

The best middleweight Bisping has ever beaten was Leben, and Stann annihilated Leben much quicker and easier than MB beat him.

Brian Stann is not a turd like Mayhem or Rivera or Akiyama or Dan Miller or past-prime Kang.

If Bisping does what he always does and stands up, he's getting knocked out by the first legit top 5-calibre middleweight he has faced since Hendo humiliated him.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #24
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I do find it offensive when someone accuses you of "hating" a fighter because you believe they might lose their next fight to a very dangerous fighter who is a bad style match-up for him. As in, offensively shit, the behaviour of a boring internet kid that it's not worth talking to. To say "you hate him" is like the calling-card of the moron on here IMO, it's just so laughably overdone, baseless, unjustifiable, infantile, tedious, cretinous, and so on.

I think Bisping is generally overrated because his record is good (numerically-speaking) but his resume is not (in terms of wins over high-level comp), but I have absolutely no ill feeling towards him whatsoever, and the fact that I even have to spend time explaining this is exactly the sort of insanely boring childish shite I want to avoid, hence my initial reaction to put Wilhelm on the ignore.

"His best win he actually lost, all the guys he really beat are turds, and losing to Henderson is HUMILIATING!" No, you're right, it was totally nuts of me to think you were anything but fair and balanced. Your analysis of past fights is only surpassed by your analysis of future fights. Carry on.
Wilhelm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum