Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #331
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465
Default Re: Anyone know about Polish heavy Artur Szpilka?

For those interested, great biography and show about Jerzy Kulej talking about his career and life on TVP right now.
turbina is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #332
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Relevance?
Explain relevance of this first:

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
kthxbye
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #333
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

anyways, i expect this thread to go a little quiet now. with szpilka out of action for the time being.
Angol is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #334
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Explain relevance of this first:

kthxbye
relevance?

Recent Visitors
The last 5 visitor(s) to this page were:
DaveBarry Faerun janna Pecsaetan Unknown Poster

Obsessed with me much?

Last edited by PolishPummler; 07-18-2012 at 10:24 AM.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #335
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 406

from Artur's fb page:

I just returned from holiday, a lot happened in boxing which makes me happy, but I can't just ignore what Tomasz A. said Tomek, beat up like a child you can beat up a horse you'd be very surprised and I think our fight will happen and I will show you who's better....
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #336
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
from Artur's fb page:

I just returned from holiday, a lot happened in boxing which makes me happy, but I can't just ignore what Tomasz A. said Tomek, beat up like a child you can beat up a horse you'd be very surprised and I think our fight will happen and I will show you who's better....
Its just the wrong time for both fighters, for this kind of a fight. I would say in two years it would be perfect.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #337
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

I normally dont like seeing two Poles fighting vs. each other, so I wouldn't wanna see this : /

Bring on Szpilka - Najman, im cool with that tho
Honor is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #338
KingArthur
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

KingArthur is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #339
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
Szpilka is a baby. He does not seem like he has grown up at all. Everything non praiseworthy is taken as some afront to his manhood. He should have taken Adamek's comments as constructive criticism but instead he wants to fight.

I am trying very hard to like this guy errmmm kid but he is making it very difficult.
I have to say sometimes I just feel like he needs to get his ass beat.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #340
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post

Why do you keep posting "." in the color of the background?
turbina is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #341
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Here's whar Artur thinks about Adamek's next opponent:

"Travis Walker is a very easy opponent for Adamek. I don't know who selects Adamek's opponents, but [Walker] is too easy of an opponent for a guy who wants to box again for the world heavyweight championship. I know what I'm saying, because two months ago I spent many rounds in Warsaw sparring with Walker," Szpilka said.

"I had no problems with Walker, [I shook him up] and the sparring was interrupted. I did not feel any power in his punches. Generally, I never felt threatened. Adamek is too fast for him, he will decision Travis or stop him before the distance. I hope that someday, maybe in a year, I get the chance to fight with Tomasz Adamek, and then we'll find out [which Polish fighter] will rule the heavyweight division."

Damn, Szpilka and his camp are really after Adamek now.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #342
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

It's win win for Szpilkas camp.

Worst case he loses, takes a big check, gets good experience, and they say, it was too early for him, he only had 10 fights or w/e and he will come back better and stronger.

He wins, he takes a good check, his credibility shoots way the **** up, and so does his ego and confidence, which is already high, and opens doors to much bigger fights if he wishes to take them. Of course they are gunning for Adamek, and they know it is realistic because it would generate a lot of attention with all the shit talking Szpilka will be doing, and all the hype he has been getting.

Thing is, team Adamek won't take or want this fight, because other then a payout, which they can get elsewhere, it won't do anything for them. Maybe after Adamek fights a Klitschko and loses again, he would consider it as a farewell fight, if he doesn't retire first.

Personally I think since the Arreola fight Adamek has been looking worse and worse and imo is past his prime at this point. HW has not served him well at all.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #343
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
It's win win for Szpilkas camp.

Worst case he loses, takes a big check, gets good experience, and they say, it was too early for him, he only had 10 fights or w/e and he will come back better and stronger.

He wins, he takes a good check, his credibility shoots way the **** up, and so does his ego and confidence, which is already high, and opens doors to much bigger fights if he wishes to take them. Of course they are gunning for Adamek, and they know it is realistic because it would generate a lot of attention with all the shit talking Szpilka will be doing, and all the hype he has been getting.

Thing is, team Adamek won't take or want this fight, because other then a payout, which they can get elsewhere, it won't do anything for them. Maybe after Adamek fights a Klitschko and loses again, he would consider it as a farewell fight, if he doesn't retire first.

Personally I think since the Arreola fight Adamek has been looking worse and worse and imo is past his prime at this point. HW has not served him well at all.
And yet he only has a single loss to his record against an ATG. Let's get it straight: If 5 years ago someone told you Adamek would compete as a heavyweight, beaten Golota, Arreola and Chambers, you'd think him crazy. While I agree Adamek is not at his best as a HW, he hasn't done bad at all and probably better than most expected when he decided to enter this division.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #344
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
And yet he only has a single loss to his record against an ATG. Let's get it straight: If 5 years ago someone told you Adamek would compete as a heavyweight, beaten Golota, Arreola and Chambers, you'd think him crazy. While I agree Adamek is not at his best as a HW, he hasn't done bad at all and probably better than most expected when he decided to enter this division.
I'd agree he has done better then many anticipated. But it isn't the fact that he wins his fights. It's the style in which he wins them that make me say and think what I do. It always seems like a struggle. Not saying he doesn't deserve the wins, he does. But it seems that almost every fight is the fight of his life in HW. He also runs out of steam late in the game, as he is trying to keep up the same workrate as he did at lower weights, but his heart has to pump that blood through a much bigger body and much more muscle.

Things came much easier at CW and he looked much more powerful, and much more dynamic then he does at HW. He is just too small to be a good HW, and the only reason he has made it as far as he has, is because the division is weak. He went in there against a real SHW, and got knocked from pillar to post for 10 rounds. I honestly was on the train thinking Adamek could somehow at least make it competitive, I was wrong.

I'm not saying Adamek is shit at HW. Because he is the top of the division. I'm just saying Adamek doesn't look good at HW. Adamek doesn't belong at HW. Which those things, coupled with his success, show he is that much better of a fighter because he has done it, and won it. Not long ago he was fighting at 175 limit. So it is all impressive none the less. But I much liked the Adamek of CW then what I have been seeing lately... and I do think he has been somewhat slowing since the Arreola fight, and is past his best at this point. Maybe if he came in at like 210 or 215 it would make things a bit better... Don't know what he is thinking coming in 220+ he sure as shit doesn't seem to be hitting any harder.

Anyways, when he retires, I will remember him for his never die spirit, his warrior mentality. His wars with Briggs, with Cunningham, how he destroyed Banks. That is the Adamek I liked to see. Those are his fights that stick out most to me.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #345
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

FFS. Recovering from a broken jaw Szpilka injured his ankle climbing down some stairs and now has his leg in a cast. Not sure if it's just his ligaments or if bones in his ankle are broken. One of the Polish folk want to clarify.
Vysotsky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum