boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #406
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,816
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Kubrat Pulev will fight a contenders match to determine the official challenger of IBF title! The match will take place in October-November-December. He will move up from number 4 at the ranks, probably at number 3. Chris Areola is focused on WBC belt, where he is number 1.
It leaves Kubrat to fight with one of the follows - Boytzov, Adamek, Johnatan Banks, Alexander Ustinov or Solis. Now depends on negotiations who will be his next opponent.
Adamek-Pulev or Solis-Pulev would be very good fights
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #407
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Adamek-Pulev or Solis-Pulev would be very good fights
Especially much better then a fight with "Lights out"
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #408
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,348
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ile12345 View Post
according to uli wegners' interview robert is going to take 1-2 warm up fights, thus this fight is not going to happen any time soon.

in finnish:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
As I guessed
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #409
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Kubrat Pulev will fight a contenders match to determine the official challenger of IBF title! The match will take place in October-November-December. He will move up from number 4 at the ranks, probably at number 3. Chris Areola is focused on WBC belt, where he is number 1.
It leaves Kubrat to fight with one of the follows - Boytzov, Adamek, Johnatan Banks, Alexander Ustinov or Solis. Now depends on negotiations who will be his next opponent.
Ademek- retread
Solis- retread
Banks- Too small/untalentd
Ustinov- Bad style, easy victory for Pulev

Boytsov- WINNER!
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #410
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Ademek- retread
Solis- retread
Banks- Too small/untalentd
Ustinov- Bad style, easy victory for Pulev

Boytsov- WINNER!
wtf does retread mean? Please let it be Boytsov.

Ogii, Kubrat would take a title shot against Klychko right after this if he wins? He wants it?
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #411
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
wtf does retread mean? Please let it be Boytsov.

Ogii, Kubrat would take a title shot against Klychko right after this if he wins? He wants it?
Retread is someone who has already had a shot. They are being brought back out for another go through.

POST SCRIPT: There are compelling cases for someone getting a second shot. I do not believe that either Adamek or Solis have made one.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #412
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Retread is someone who has already had a shot. They are being brought back out for another go through.

POST SCRIPT: There are compelling cases for someone getting a second shot. I do not believe that either Adamek or Solis have made one.
Got it. I don't even think Adamek wants it. Solis would be okay i suppose and if he beat Pulev then he would be deserving even though i don't care to see him. I really hope Boytsov grows some ***** and gives Russian HW's some dignity back.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #413
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Got it. I don't even think Adamek wants it. Solis would be okay i suppose and if he beat Pulev then he would be deserving even though i don't care to see him. I really hope Boytsov grows some ***** and gives Russian HW's some dignity back.
I like the Boystov fight too.

I just can't see Solis with his continued weight problems and surgically repaired knee going anywhere.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #414
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

On the other thread they are saying Solis-Pulev.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #415
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 226
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Last time i spoke with Universum guys just before Kubrat;s Euro title fight, when it was decided who from Boytsov or Dimitrenko would fight with him, they said that Dennis isn't ready and he needed 2-3 fights to get back after hands problems. Now he must be healed and the situation of Universum is not good so they need to risk and probably will accept such a fight. It's other question if Sauerland will accept it

According to a very relative person in Sauerland camp the most possible opponents of Kubrat are Banks or Ustinov. Both are under K-2 contracts, well ranked at IBF and this makes the fight more interesting. Wlad with four titles would not have a problem to vacant IBF title if some of his company guys manage to beat Pulev so one of them may become world champ. If Pulev wins against Banks/Ustinov he must wait until June/July 2013 to get a mandatory shot. Until this time Vitaly probably will be retired and Wlad will have a chance earlier at 2013 to become the first undisputed HW champ since Lennox Lewis. I think this is what he wants to achieve. So it's ok for him to use Banks/Ustinov for a number 1 sport at IBF

I was in ringside when Kubrat beat Solis in 2002 at Strandja cup tournament. It was great fight. Very competative. Pulev lost three times to Solis - twice at world champis 2003 and 2005 and once at Usti or Ostrava tournament, can't remember exactly. All their fights were close, except one.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #416
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 13,028
vCash: 1231
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Last time i spoke with Universum guys just before Kubrat;s Euro title fight, when it was decided who from Boytsov or Dimitrenko would fight with him, they said that Dennis isn't ready and he needed 2-3 fights to get back after hands problems. Now he must be healed and the situation of Universum is not good so they need to risk and probably will accept such a fight. It's other question if Sauerland will accept it

According to a very relative person in Sauerland camp the most possible opponents of Kubrat are Banks or Ustinov. Both are under K-2 contracts, well ranked at IBF and this makes the fight more interesting. Wlad with four titles would not have a problem to vacant IBF title if some of his company guys manage to beat Pulev so one of them may become world champ. If Pulev wins against Banks/Ustinov he must wait until June/July 2013 to get a mandatory shot. Until this time Vitaly probably will be retired and Wlad will have a chance earlier at 2013 to become the first undisputed HW champ since Lennox Lewis. I think this is what he wants to achieve. So it's ok for him to use Banks/Ustinov for a number 1 sport at IBF

I was in ringside when Kubrat beat Solis in 2002 at Strandja cup tournament. It was great fight. Very competative. Pulev lost three times to Solis - twice at world champis 2003 and 2005 and once at Usti or Ostrava tournament, can't remember exactly. All their fights were close, except one.
Interesting summation. I think it would be great if K2 allowed thier guys into the 4 man elimination for Wlad. Both Ustinov and Banks are solid HWs with decent resumes, and adding a Solis or a Pulev to their record would cement them. Obviously the same could be said for Pulev and Solis, adding a Banks or Ustionov would look real nice on their already superior resumes.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #417
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Last time i spoke with Universum guys just before Kubrat;s Euro title fight, when it was decided who from Boytsov or Dimitrenko would fight with him, they said that Dennis isn't ready and he needed 2-3 fights to get back after hands problems. Now he must be healed and the situation of Universum is not good so they need to risk and probably will accept such a fight. It's other question if Sauerland will accept it

According to a very relative person in Sauerland camp the most possible opponents of Kubrat are Banks or Ustinov. Both are under K-2 contracts, well ranked at IBF and this makes the fight more interesting. Wlad with four titles would not have a problem to vacant IBF title if some of his company guys manage to beat Pulev so one of them may become world champ. If Pulev wins against Banks/Ustinov he must wait until June/July 2013 to get a mandatory shot. Until this time Vitaly probably will be retired and Wlad will have a chance earlier at 2013 to become the first undisputed HW champ since Lennox Lewis. I think this is what he wants to achieve. So it's ok for him to use Banks/Ustinov for a number 1 sport at IBF

I was in ringside when Kubrat beat Solis in 2002 at Strandja cup tournament. It was great fight. Very competative. Pulev lost three times to Solis - twice at world champis 2003 and 2005 and once at Usti or Ostrava tournament, can't remember exactly. All their fights were close, except one.
Interesting info! I guess during 2002-04 Pulev and Solis were competing at heavyweight (200 lbs)? And then they graduated to super heavy around the same time (2005)? An eliminator between these 2 would have a rich history!

Any new info on whether Solis-Pulev (or Pulev vrs. Ustinov or Banks) is likely to happen?
ludwig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #418
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,773
vCash: 1151
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

The last thing I read was an IBF four man box-off. Pulev v Solis and Adamek v Ustinov. The winners face each other. I think it was a couple of days ago. I haven't check the news today since I haven't watched FNF yet.
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #419
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,773
vCash: 1151
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

So it looks like Adamek is fighting Walker since Ustinov had visa problems...which is stupid for he is not guilty that he was born in Belarus...but it is another topic.

On the other couple I get mixed reports. It seems that it is a no-go. Some claim Sauerland doesn't want to risk Pulev. Others that it is the opposite and Solis wants a shortcut to a title fight. So any credible news on that? Ogi?
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #420
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 226
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Adamek is out of the tournament. His fight with Walker isn't a semifinal. When the semi bouts were settled from Sauerland team wanted that the two most strong fighters will be separated and probably to meet in the final - So right now it's possible that Pulev will fight Ustinov (In Germany) and Solis with Banks (Main events are representing Solis so a USA fight between them will be a good draw).
Still noting official, but next week probably the fights will be rescheduled.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015