Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

Watched the kid fight, lost in a blinder against O'Donnell. FOTY candidate of last year IMO.

Anyways i got told the kid came at him with a knife and he defended himself and his friends. Doesn't mention it here though, but it's a shame either way. Clifton's a nice fella from what i've seen and heard, Don't know Ty but two young lifes ruined over something no doubt was stupid!. Thoughts go out to both family's, but one still has a son, the other doesn't..

Fighters really need to stay away from nights out if they can, it's more bother then it's worth. People hear your a boxer, and there looking for reason to say ''I done a boxer''. I remember as a kid training in the gym and older lads telling a story about a lad having a night out in Sutton. He cracked a kid, head off pavement and lads dead and he's sent down. Talented boxer as well.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I know it's completely unrelated but I have often come on here with throw away comments and the odd dig at certain fighters but it just goes to show how dangerous boxing is and how much bottle all boxers really do have... and yes I know they do not fight on concrete but you know what i'm saying.
RNS is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #33
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS View Post
I know it's completely unrelated but I have often come on here with throw away comments and the odd dig at certain fighters but it just goes to show how dangerous boxing is and how much bottle all boxers really do have... and yes I know they do not fight on concrete but you know what i'm saying.
Yep anyone who gets in the ring deserves respect, i never call fighters ''bums'' cos of that. Active fighters are trained to fight, fighting them with gloves and a ref is bad enough. On the street? Madness...

Sammy Reeson wasn't the biggest of punchers in boxing, a very good boxer. Well he would put people to sleep in fights in pub.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #34
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yep anyone who gets in the ring deserves respect, i never call fighters ''bums'' cos of that. Active fighters are trained to fight, fighting them with gloves and a ref is bad enough. On the street? Madness...

Sammy Reeson wasn't the biggest of punchers in boxing, a very good boxer. Well he would put people to sleep in fights in pub.

Exactly...

We all know it but it just goes to show one punch can change lives or even take them.
RNS is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
jonny v
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post

hasnt sam lost a leg?
jonny v is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS View Post
Exactly...

We all know it but it just goes to show one punch can change lives or even take them.
Spot on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny v View Post
hasnt sam lost a leg?
Yeah mate sadly, didn't even know he did till i saw him on Buncey's show.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #37
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishwarrior View Post
this guy gets seven years rightly so, but the copper gets off with killing some one with his baton, once again double ****ing standards the country is ****ed inside out
I came home 7 and a half years ago, and it is frightning, this place is _ucked up. and it's not Low Life's, or Chavs, or Benifit Cheats...

it's the whole of Ruling British Establishment,

and how it has Brainwashed everybody too focus on the afore mentioned while they Rob, Rape, Excuse & Cover Up and _ucken manipulate everything to their end.
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #38
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Still would have got off for self defence as the law in this country allows you to make a pre-emptive strike if you feel there is an immediate threat to you.
yep, steve collins smacked a russian bouncer and got away scott clean cause he proved the bouncer was being a bell end and was starting, collins knocked him out and knocked out a few teeth in the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingcrazy View Post
You can only use self defence if you have no way of escaping ie If you are locked in a room with no way to escape.

Even if you are attacked by a couple of people in the street and you hit them to escape it is not self defence because you can run away from the incident.

It's shit but that the way it is.
well its not fully the case as it is in ireland that sucks by the way if true

there was a case here a few weeks ago where a former juvenile national champion was out pissed and crossed the road with his mate to confront a 62 year old old man, the two lads were 19 and 20, the champion boxer attacked the old man killing him and he got 5 years, id be very surprised if that ty fella got 7 years for whats being mentioned as self defence, it does show the difference in the two countrys justice systems
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #39
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
this guy gets seven years rightly so, but the copper gets off with killing some one with his baton, once again double ****ing standards the country is ****ed inside out
A profesional boxer punching somone twice might have a better idea that he could potentially hurt someone seriously than a copper pushing someone.
supremo is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #40
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremo View Post
A profesional boxer punching somone twice might have a better idea that he could potentially hurt someone seriously than a copper pushing someone.
hit him with his baton big difference
police have massive egos, i know a couple and both were bullied at school fact.
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #41
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post
I came home 7 and a half years ago, and it is frightning, this place is _ucked up. and it's not Low Life's, or Chavs, or Benifit Cheats...

it's the whole of Ruling British Establishment,

and how it has Brainwashed everybody too focus on the afore mentioned while they Rob, Rape, Excuse & Cover Up and _ucken manipulate everything to their end.
the whole system is ****ed from top to bottom, police right through to judges, goverment the lot.
they all piss in the same pot
Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
hit him with his baton big difference
police have massive egos, i know a couple and both were bullied at school fact.
And what value is that fact? Some do some don't. Personally I am pretty predjudiced against the police. However, I think that old guy was taking the piss, he got a wee shove and the coppper was hardly likely to know that he had suspect health. He should have been given a warning for being too harsh but he wasnt excessive.
supremo is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #43
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

He's a twat.

Deserved 7 years.

He had previous for decking people on a night out.

He hit this lad and it was over, then they came together again near a Subway and he went over and decked him again. Scum.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #44
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremo View Post
And what value is that fact? Some do some don't. Personally I am pretty predjudiced against the police. However, I think that old guy was taking the piss, he got a wee shove and the coppper was hardly likely to know that he had suspect health. He should have been given a warning for being too harsh but he wasnt excessive.
i we are on about different cases ,i could be wrong though
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 AM   #45
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Still would have got off for self defence as the law in this country allows you to make a pre-emptive strike if you feel there is an immediate threat to you.
If that is the law then it's a new one, or certainly it doesn't apply in Scots law.
My mate got into an argument, and was grabbed by the throat. He separated himself from the guy, hit him once, breaking his jaw. Acted in self defence but because he had separated himself was told he had the opportunity to run away.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum