Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #46
Ace Frehley
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: British boxer jailed for 7 years for manslaughter

A professional boxer going round smacking random people on nights out, is asking for trouble I'm afraid. Sadly, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

His fists are basically weapons against the average man in the street. Shame he didn't learn his lesson from previous incidents.
Ace Frehley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #47
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
What's annoying is that other instances of manslaughter end up with the perpetrator getting little more than a slap on the wrist, when in all honesty they ought to be up on a murder charge.

Given that the lad was involved in two incidents he's perhaps fortunate that he wasn't up on one himself.

What REALLY pisses me off is when people who cause death by dangerous driving or death due to driving whilst drunk/drugged get next to nothing. Drink drive killers should be executed. There's absolutely no excuse for driving whilst pissed. None.
Agree with this completely drink/dangerous driving deaths are given way too lenient sentences.
Quote:
The weekend after I had my eyes done I was stood in front of a table in Yates, turned round to pick up my drink and accidentally knocked another lad's drink (which was nearly empty) over. Started carrying on so I pulled a fiver out of my pocket and told him to get himself another, and headed for a piss.
What the **** were you doing in that shit hole not expecting to get in a ruck. The only place I've seen a guy beat up a bird in a bar/pub. My mate bounced at the one opposite morrisons for one night and saw more fights in 4hours there than he did in two years at a bar on call lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
He's a twat.

Deserved 7 years.

He had previous for decking people on a night out.

He hit this lad and it was over, then they came together again near a Subway and he went over and decked him again. Scum.
If true then you've got to think he deserved 7 years. Obviously he never meant to kill the lad but if you as a person who trains in punching people go over and twat someone unnecessarily then you're putting them in serious danger.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Agree with this completely drink/dangerous driving deaths are given way too lenient sentences.

What the **** were you doing in that shit hole not expecting to get in a ruck. The only place I've seen a guy beat up a bird in a bar/pub. My mate bounced at the one opposite morrisons for one night and saw more fights in 4hours there than he did in two years at a bar on call lane.

If true then you've got to think he deserved 7 years. Obviously he never meant to kill the lad but if you as a person who trains in punching people go over and twat someone unnecessarily then you're putting them in serious danger.
It was nearly five years ago!

I've never had any grief down Call Lane, can't fault it really.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #49
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

well what can we say
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #50
Pale Destroyer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Shane Meadows (Dead Mans Shoes, This is England) made a short film with a similar story to this when he was coming up. Its pretty good:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9trdIARy74[/ame]
Pale Destroyer is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #51
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

If it wasn't strictly a case of self-defence then he certainly deserves the 7 years. The other guy is dead. 10 years would probably be better.
Hard labour.

The fact that 'many of us' have hit people before 'on a night out' doesn't excuse it at all. It's part of British culture that deserves to be stamped out anyway. And when deaths occur the penalty needs to reflect the seriousness.

This guy was obviously pretty handy, and he'd been done for hitting people before.
If you choose to live such a cuntish lifestyle, you might end up where society puts the cunts : prison.

7 years is nothing. He'll probably be out within 4.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #52
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It was nearly five years ago!

I've never had any grief down Call Lane, can't fault it really.
Still expected better of you.

Yeah apart from the cost and how busy it gets on a saturday Call Lane is decent.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #53
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Still expected better of you.

Yeah apart from the cost and how busy it gets on a saturday Call Lane is decent.
Yates was alright five years ago, before they turned it into an expensive Wetherspoons with music.

The Hedley Verity next door is alright, we usually start there these days if we're at the top end, then go into Player's or Rev's.

It's a bit more expensive down Call Lane but at least it's cheaper trying to get home. Nearly got started on by a taxi driver after I called him a robbing cunt asking for 15 to go from Player's to my mums in Beeston.

Only the week before it cost me 15 to get all the way to Tingley, which is the best part of treble the distance.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #54
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I've only ever had a couple of rumbles on a night out.... and I've been in Leeds city centre on average probably twice/three times a month for the past ten years.

There's a few golden rules - always apologise if you bump into someone. If someone bumps into you on purpose just walk away. If someone starts on you try and reason with them.

The weekend after I had my eyes done I was stood in front of a table in Yates, turned round to pick up my drink and accidentally knocked another lad's drink (which was nearly empty) over. Started carrying on so I pulled a fiver out of my pocket and told him to get himself another, and headed for a piss.

Came back and the lad had bought himself one but still wanted a row. Given that I was in no fit state to fight anyone (or wanted to) I tried to explain that I'd recently had an op, the next thing I knew I'd nearly been blown over by the wind created by a HUGE right hook that missed by about ten feet.

Bouncers came over, and it was

Other times there's been arguments in takeaways and shit, which can usually be resolved by a bit of banter, or ''we've all had a good night, let's not spoil it by getting nicked''. Usually people will agree, other times it's ''**** off you flash cunt, who the **** do you think you are''.... even though I'm not at all flash, just prefer to go home in peace
I agree.

If you have found yourself ending up in anymore than 5 street fights or bust ups on a nnight out over the past number of years, Ive got news for you, your the problem...

Im 26 and in my life, Ive been involved in 2 fights(outside of sporting occasions). 1 as a kid and 1 as an adult. The one as an adult wasnt even a proper fight just handbags shit, with a few punches thrown here or there...

Id rather go home in 1 piece or without getting nicked or without my night being ruined.
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #55
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I thought it had been that way for a while, my grandads only rule he gave my mum was never go to a yates. Players as in that place were bar risa used to be?

Cab drivers take the piss its 3.50 or something into town from headingley at like 11pm but at 2am it becomes 10-15 its a disgrace. To be fair I don;t know why they bother during the day at all 3.50 for a 15-20min odd drive hardly seems worth it.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #56
Chuckle Vision
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

conflicting stories here. what exactly happened?

i box, i dont understand any boxer/mma fighter who acts like, or turns into, a bully with a drink, if anything the experience should make you humble, and your aggression should be left in the gym.

Unfortunately there's a lot of stupid cunts out there. Boxing trainers enable these cunts by mistaking stupidity as being conductive for boxing, like that'll make them numb to the pain or something. In there minds, dumb = tough. Seen it constantly, these boxing trainers should be prevented from training, for making killing machines with no brains.

there's a difference between helping a troubled, intelligent kid and training a stupid bully. you can tell pretty quick who your dealing with
Chuckle Vision is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #57
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
I thought it had been that way for a while, my grandads only rule he gave my mum was never go to a yates. Players as in that place were bar risa used to be?

Cab drivers take the piss its 3.50 or something into town from headingley at like 11pm but at 2am it becomes 10-15 its a disgrace. To be fair I don;t know why they bother during the day at all 3.50 for a 15-20min odd drive hardly seems worth it.
It probably has, but when I first started going out we'd only pop in for one or two before going somewhere else.

As the locals near us got shitter we used it as a starting place so spend a couple of hours there.... either there or Squares, which has sadly closed

Player's is what used to be Hard Rock Cafe (I think).

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum