Old 07-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #421
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Adamek is out of the tournament. His fight with Walker isn't a semifinal. When the semi bouts were settled from Sauerland team wanted that the two most strong fighters will be separated and probably to meet in the final - So right now it's possible that Pulev will fight Ustinov (In Germany) and Solis with Banks (Main events are representing Solis so a USA fight between them will be a good draw).
Still noting official, but next week probably the fights will be rescheduled.
I hope you are right. Much respect to Walker as a fighter but i dunno if he deserves to participate in this tournament. Besides, facing Solis or Pulev down the line seemed risky for Adamek.
ludwig is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #422
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Adamek is out of the tournament. His fight with Walker isn't a semifinal. When the semi bouts were settled from Sauerland team wanted that the two most strong fighters will be separated and probably to meet in the final - So right now it's possible that Pulev will fight Ustinov (In Germany) and Solis with Banks (Main events are representing Solis so a USA fight between them will be a good draw).
Should still be a great tournament, but it's been said that Banks is a no go as well since he's contracted to fight Seth Mitchell upon Mitchells return from injury.
Who else is rated by the IBF, in the running for a title, and not chicken to get in there and dance.......................Maruisz Wach, that's who. He's been trying to get a fight with Grant and Lawrence, but to no avail. I wonder how K2, Sauerland, and Oner would feel risking their prizes with the giant heavy handed Pole.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #423
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Should still be a great tournament, but it's been said that Banks is a no go as well since he's contracted to fight Seth Mitchell upon Mitchells return from injury.
Who else is rated by the IBF, in the running for a title, and not chicken to get in there and dance.......................Maruisz Wach, that's who. He's been trying to get a fight with Grant and Lawrence, but to no avail. I wonder how K2, Sauerland, and Oner would feel risking their prizes with the giant heavy handed Pole.
Grant refused to fight Wach, he's looking for an opponent for September
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #424
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Adamek out of the tournament? It doesn't make much sense. It is a big opportunity.

I hope that IBF will sort it out quickly. It is always good when top guys fight each other.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #425
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Adamek out of the tournament? It doesn't make much sense. It is a big opportunity.

I hope that IBF will sort it out quickly. It is always good when top guys fight each other.
Walker replaced Ustinov, the tourney's not off
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #426
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Walker replaced Ustinov, the tourney's not off

Quote:
My message was related to this one.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #427
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

According to Bulgarian press Pulev will fight Ustinov next. It is said that his initial opponent Solis has problems with Don King. Don King will sue Solis.

The Pulev v Ustinov fight will take place in Germany in September or October. The winner will get a title shot.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I cannot find any confirmation on this elsewhere.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #428
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

So it's Adamek vs Walker

Pulev vs Ustinov........

Imagine if Walker captured lighting in a bottle

Must be tough knowing he's got Walker then Ustinov or Pulev next, followed by Wlad.

Damned, Poland had better be ready to bury him.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #429
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If it's Adamek/Pulev in the final eliminator, I'm not sure if I see that fight happening. Unless they could figure a way to stage it in Poland.

The IBF's reputation is on the line--they should only select (elite) fighters who are committed to finishing the tourney and who won't bitch out or take their own shot at Wladimir after the first eliminator. Adamek/Walker is a great fight for the fans, but it's questionable whether Walker deserves to be in a title eliminator, just as Derrick Rossy and Maurice Harris didn't belong in the prior elminator.

Part of the problem seems to be the nature of the 2-headed champion. K2 dispose of contenders faster then contenders come up. So there's not much incentive to fight 2 tough eliminators to be a mandatory if you can simply step up and fight a Klitschko anyway (less money then being a mandatory, but way less risk because the contender can skip the 2 dangerous mandatory fights). For example, I bet Adamek and/or Pulev could negotiate a fight with Wlad for Nov/Dec if they were willing.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #430
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
If it's Adamek/Pulev in the final eliminator, I'm not sure if I see that fight happening. Unless they could figure a way to stage it in Poland.

The IBF's reputation is on the line--they should only select (elite) fighters who are committed to finishing the tourney and who won't bitch out or take their own shot at Wladimir after the first eliminator. Adamek/Walker is a great fight for the fans, but it's questionable whether Walker deserves to be in a title eliminator, just as Derrick Rossy and Maurice Harris didn't belong in the prior elminator.

Part of the problem seems to be the nature of the 2-headed champion. K2 dispose of contenders faster then contenders come up. So there's not much incentive to fight 2 tough eliminators to be a mandatory if you can simply step up and fight a Klitschko anyway (less money then being a mandatory, but way less risk because the contender can skip the 2 dangerous mandatory fights). For example, I bet Adamek and/or Pulev could negotiate a fight with Wlad for Nov/Dec if they were willing.
Good point and yeah, for Adamek it would be a bit more wise. But really, tbh, he only took the shot vs Vitali for the $$$. His entire attitude leading up to and including the fight was that he knew he had no chance. I can't imagine he'd think he had a better chance than now vs Wladimir.

As for Pulev though.....well, he's still young, and getting better each time out. Wlad is already what, 36/37. If Pulev plays his cards right in this tournament he could well be facing a 38 y/o Wlad. So it would be wise for him to give it another yr of buildup.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #431
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Good point and yeah, for Adamek it would be a bit more wise. But really, tbh, he only took the shot vs Vitali for the $$$. His entire attitude leading up to and including the fight was that he knew he had no chance. I can't imagine he'd think he had a better chance than now vs Wladimir.

As for Pulev though.....well, he's still young, and getting better each time out. Wlad is already what, 36/37. If Pulev plays his cards right in this tournament he could well be facing a 38 y/o Wlad. So it would be wise for him to give it another yr of buildup.
Volodymyr just turned 36. Pulev is 31.

So Solis is going to be sidelined yet again cuz Don King is suing him. I thought he was with Onar or whatever that dirty queers name is. Why is King suing him?
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #432
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Volodymyr just turned 36. Pulev is 31.

So Solis is going to be sidelined yet again cuz Don King is suing him. I thought he was with Onar or whatever that dirty queers name is. Why is King suing him?
Probably because Solis signed with Kathy Duva.

My understanding is Solis signed with King so he could get the WBC eliminator.

Solis should have never signed with Oener and King but these guys will apparently use the legal system against him.

It's sad to look back at the run-up to Solis' shot. Vitali wanted to fight Adamek instead of Solis and then Solis after, but Don King forced the issue, even though Solis was out of shape in the eliminator against Austin. Who knows what might have happened if Solis had a few more months to get in shape.

Then in all probability Solis got injured prior to the Vitali fight and for whatever reason he fought anyway.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #433
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
According to Bulgarian press Pulev will fight Ustinov next. It is said that his initial opponent Solis has problems with Don King. Don King will sue Solis.

The Pulev v Ustinov fight will take place in Germany in September or October. The winner will get a title shot.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I cannot find any confirmation on this elsewhere.
Has been confirmed over at the scene for boxing for September 29th
Chillman is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #434
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

On another note I thought his brother looked pretty good today pulling off the upset over the ***** at the Olympics.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #435
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillman View Post
Has been confirmed over at the scene for boxing for September 29th
Thanks for the confirmation.

I would rather see him against Solis, though. It would have been much bigger fight.
Ivo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum