Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Bugner Vs Vlad As An Opponent

Take Bugner's opponents and compare them to Klit's opponents.

I go out on the limb and say Joe gets motivated and wins one for his country by outpointing the Hvywt Champ Klit on a split decision.
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #17
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vlad by extremely brutal knockout.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #18
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis
No, I think Vlad would stop Bugner but how would Vlad do against Ali as a replacement for Bugner and how would Vlad do vs Frazier as a replacement that night, that was the question,just curious to see some answers to that question...who would be the tougher opponent for those men.
Ali would need to be at his best to defeat Wlad, and the Bugner Ali was not at his best. The same goes for Frazier.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #19
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore
Which fight was that, and did Bugner say anything to you?
I think it was Honeyghans rematch with Vaca, not sure ,all Joe said was "hi mate",he has a surpisingly high voice,but I didnt tell him that.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #20
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Ali would need to be at his best to defeat Wlad, and the Bugner Ali was not at his best. The same goes for Frazier.
While Ali wasnt peak he was in good shape ,having fought Wepner 3 months previously,and Lyle only 6 weeks before,Ali weighed 225 ,only 1/2 pound more than he would 3 months later in Manila against Frazier,despite the humidity,[it was in Kuala Lumpor] Ali finished the stronger of the two.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #21
Holmes' Jab
Master Jabber
ESB Addict

Wlad, via comfortable enough UD (possibly late TKO). He's on a different level. Bugner would blurt out after another dazzlingly display of cautiousness "it ain't just about the money it's to be able to count it".
Holmes' Jab is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #22
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore
Vlad would have beaten Bugner by decision. It probably would have been a no action fight...strictly a tactical affair.

It's possible that Bugner could have gotten psyched up enough to give Vlad a decent fight. At his best, Bugner was very fast on his feet, had very good handspeed, possessed an excellent left jab, and could box well. So maybe he could have troubled Vlad some in the long distance fighting.

But Bugner didn't have the punch to threaten Vlad. Vlad tends to be much more aggressive when he knows he's facing someone who can't hurt him. For this reason I imagine Vlad taking control of the bout by walking Bugner down, and by thumping away at him with his powerful lefts and rights (yes, I think Vlad would have thrown many right hands in this bout).

Vlad's superior size, strength and punching power would have enabled him to push Bugner into a defensive shell. From there Vlad would pile up points and win by a comfortable margin on the cards.

I'm pretty certain the bout would be a stinker.

Someone above mentioned that Bugner wasn't fast on his feet. I disagree. At his best, Bugner could circle rapidly around his opponents. Watch his fight against Frazier on youtube.com to see what I mean.

Great analysis as always Kenmore. Your post says everything I was thinking about how this fight would have turned out.
Sardu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum