Old 07-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #31
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Nick Diaz wants Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Maybe, but would you also say that Diaz would probably **** Leben up pretty bad if they fought?
Honestly Rob, I think Leben-Diaz is an even fight, with the man who lands first wins.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #32
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Really? Leben might land something big, as most Diaz opponents do, but for the most part, he would get eaten alive. Leben has t-rex arms and swings wide, which is perfect for a guy like Diaz to capitalize on. Plus, both are able to take beatings, so I don't think that it's a "whoever lands first" type fight.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #33
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Really? Leben might land something big, as most Diaz opponents do, but for the most part, he would get eaten alive. Leben has t-rex arms and swings wide, which is perfect for a guy like Diaz to capitalize on. Plus, both are able to take beatings, so I don't think that it's a "whoever lands first" type fight.
I think that would be a damned good fight.

Diaz is clearly better, much fitter and closer to prime. But I don't think he quite has the one-shot power to bomb Leben right out of there quickly. Leben is obviously very heavy handed, and Diaz would be there in front of him. The way both of them are, I think their balls would command them to stand up and go to war.

If Diaz fights from the outside and just wears Leben down with volume, the fight is right there for him. He's the better fighter. And Diaz is obviously tough as hell, so he can afford to eat a few shots. But as tough as he is, if he gets baited into a straight throwdown, Leben might have the power to put him away. Leben would need some luck, and he'd still be the underdog, but if he catches a break he could win the fight. And even when he most likely doesn't, the fans will surely be entertained.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #34
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

All this talk kinda makes me wanna see Diaz at 185.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #35
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

We do Primate, we do.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #36
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree with you there as well mate. I just have a different look at it.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #37
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBeast View Post
wait, he was scared to fight mayhem miller but wants anderson?
Shut up, Diaz would piss all over Miller, anybody with a brain knows this.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #38
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Diaz might be a bit too open defensively to beat Silva... he`s a warrior for even considering the fight & it would be fascinating to see him try... Silva will be a strong favourite tho... I`d be rooting for Diaz.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #39
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Honestly Rob, I think Leben-Diaz is an even fight, with the man who lands first wins.
You're wrong then, because neither man has the single-shot power to knock the other out. Diaz is an accumulation puncher and smaller/lighter man, and Leben isn't as strong a puncher as Paul Daley who couldn't KO Diaz depite landing flush and big on Nick.

Diaz would dominate Leben because he is simply a better, more technical, more skilled, more versatile fighter. On the feet, he puts his punches together far better and (imo) has a better chin. On the ground, Diaz owns Leben with ease.

Two different levels/classes of fighter here.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #40
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Diaz might be a bit too open defensively to beat Silva... he`s a warrior for even considering the fight & it would be fascinating to see him try... Silva will be a strong favourite tho... I`d be rooting for Diaz.
Might be too open defensively? That's like saying Shaq might be too tall to do the limbo.

Diaz has no defence at all.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #41
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

He is just fishing for a high profile, high payday type fight against somebody other than a wreslter. That's all.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #42
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
You're wrong then, because neither man has the single-shot power to knock the other out. Diaz is an accumulation puncher and smaller/lighter man, and Leben isn't as strong a puncher as Paul Daley who couldn't KO Diaz depite landing flush and big on Nick.

Diaz would dominate Leben because he is simply a better, more technical, more skilled, more versatile fighter. On the feet, he puts his punches together far better and (imo) has a better chin. On the ground, Diaz owns Leben with ease.

Two different levels/classes of fighter here.
I'm not just particular about power Kitt, it's the way they tend to test their chin and stand squarely in front of their opponents.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #43
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
As much as I love Nick Diaz, I disagree with this sentiment. No-one deserves credit for talking about a fight. Let's reserve the credit for if it actually happens. What you're suggesting is tantamount to those who recognize Joe Calzaghe for "calling out" Roy Jones because he mentioned his name once in an interview but never lifted a finger to make the fight a possibility. Hell, it's tantamount to those who think Floyd Mayweather didn't duck Pacquiao because he was taking pot-shots at him for years through the safety of the media.

Not for a second am I insinuating that Diaz is anywhere near as much of a cowardly career-strategizer as either Calzaghe or Mayweather, he isn't, but by the same logic "warrior" status should be conferred only on those who actually make the fights rather than those who talk about them.

BJ Penn and Dan Henderson are warriors. If Nick ever gets this fight or seriously chases it, I'll recognize it. But not before. Anyone can say anything in an interview setting.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #44
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
I'm not just particular about power Kitt, it's the way they tend to test their chin and stand squarely in front of their opponents.
Even if Nick Diaz stands squarely in front of Chris Leben for 15 full minutes, he ain't getting put away by Chris Leben.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #45
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
He is just fishing for a high profile, high payday type fight against somebody other than a wreslter. That's all.
He could be doing just that against Condit or Penn.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum