Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Silva vs Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
That is such minor trash talk.
It is indeed. But I consider GSP one of the most respectful guys in the game, and I can't see him making unprovoked threats about the limbs of a former training partner. I can see why Silva would take offence to that, irrespective of whether it's Sonnenesque insults or not.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #17
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Yes it is....and thatīs one of the reasons many people call AS an arrogant person....he thought he was so great that DEmian couldnīt even say that to him....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Trash-talk is all relative.

For all we know, Anderson may consider media hyperbole (Sonnen) to just be silly nonsense to hype the fight that it isn't even worth bothering with, whereas he may consider a former training partner making an unprovoked threat regarding him to be a sign of genuine and extreme disrespect.

Not everyone thinks the same way.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #19
The Spider

vCash:

I just categorize Spider vs Maia as one of life's mysteries.

Not pretty. But at the end of the day it's just another W on Spider's record.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #20
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

I'm sure at the time I heard the reason he did not finish the fight is because he was angry at the UFC because they don't pay him a win bonus... he just get a flat rate for a win, loss or draw.

I'm not sure how much truth there is in that but if I remember Ed Sores was talking about it before this fight and then Silva was smashing DM and the stopped fighting... to me it seemed like a blatent FU to the UFC... a "Pay me or a won't put on a show"

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #21
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
The sense of patriotism of brazilians makes trash talk before the fight between two brazilians a bit different than the normal......generally becomes a greater rivalry.
Is like "wow, youīre brazilian too, we are supposed to be allies" you know....looks a bit silly perhaps, but it is like that...
Is more understandable when a non-brazilian fighter acts with trash talk against a brazilian.....

Maia said some light trash before the fight, something like "Yeah, a spider has 8 legs Iīll just pull out them".....
AS thought things like this were a bit disrespectful especially because he trained with Demian before and everything... he expected a more respectful conduct by Maia .....

After the fight Silva said that he tried to frustrate Demianīs game with those provocations but he also said that if Demian said he would submit him he deserved it, he was a bit mad at the time too then....

And this sense of patriotism by the brazilians also made AS hated after this, because people wondered "Why he did that to a good kid like Damian and not with Sonnen (first fight) who acted much more disrespectfully ?"

But he never gave a detailed explanation about the thing, simply said he was mad with Maia and also tried to frustrate him....Wouldnīt surprise me if they had some kind of beef we donīt know.....since AS devide opinions between his former training mates...especially now, like Pelé showed in that thread I posted here before...
Cheers vic knew you'd be the man for this thread. The thing I don't understand is the change mid way through the 3rd from clowning but hurting to just looking awful and potentially losing rounds.

Quote:
He's up there with tim bradley under the worst trash talkers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post
I'm sure at the time I heard the reason he did not finish the fight is because he was angry at the UFC because they don't pay him a win bonus... he just get a flat rate for a win, loss or draw.

I'm not sure how much truth there is in that but if I remember Ed Sores was talking about it before this fight and then Silva was smashing DM and the stopped fighting... to me it seemed like a blatent FU to the UFC... a "Pay me or a won't put on a show"

Lynchburg
If this is true very interesting and a bit prickish. Weird aswell considering hes the kind of guy who could easily get Knockout of the night and those kind of performances dont increase your value.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #22
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

I heard what Lynchburg said at the time as well.....makes some sense I think, would explain a bit.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #23
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

Yeah it all was a bit strange at the time... I remember him wanting to leave the UFC for boxing and then he wanted more money and a win bonus. Then this happened and he apparently made some comment along the lines of if you don'e get paid you don't put on a show

I remember watching this live thinking Silva looked amazing and then... bam... he gave up. Weird...

He single handedly killed MMA in U.A.E... I doubt the UFC will ever forget that and while they have him tied in to that "Champion contract" they'll have him fighting until he is 105 years old...

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #24
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post
He single handedly killed MMA in U.A.E...
Really? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxYtETk7YC8[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum