Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #76
boxingcrazy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: looks like Anderson will be made to wait again

I have no doubts that Kenny would give any super middle in the UK a great fight and I also believe he might be able to beat Degale, but imo Groves has moved onto a different level than Kenny just now. Kenny would have to get Groves in trouble early and get him out of there, if he was to let Groves establish the jab and getting his straight right hand working I feel the fight would end the same way as it did the last time.

I'd love to see Kenny in some great fights and I personally don't buy the whole politics thing, is it the politics that have stopped him challenging the likes of Paul Smith or giving Patrick Mendy a deserved rematch? Just like his fight with Groves the Mendy decision was controversial, but I haven't seen Kenny jumping at the chance to prove that it was an off night against Mendy and he really is the superior fighter.

Also is it the politics that have stopped him boxing fighters with a decent ranking in the Euro ratings to try force a bout with Degale? Boxing average fighters in Britain won't help him achieve this.

The blame is with his management team, Kenny is not getting any younger and if they had enough belief in Kenny they would have been looking for ways to force him into the public eye and ratings in other belts rather than just boxing average guys waiting for the rematch with Groves.

Kenny also has some fault here, he was a Commonwealth Gold Medallist at Light Heavy and never really cashed in on that fact, he should have been with a big promoter from the start of his career that would get him noticed and direct his career in the right way, he chose to sign with Barry Hughes and that was the worst decision he could have made.
boxingcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #77
evil G
ğ
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 585

I know for sure that I would want a Lonsdale belt for keeps, especially if it meant fighting someone I beat in a less than stellar performance. Groves couldn't help the cut, can't blame him for that.

Anderson will get his fight when Groves is healed. He's been biding time fighting weak opposition, if he'd have tried to make his own path he'd have more options, but he hasn't. That's how it works.
evil G is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #78
Kevin Maree
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

If only it was that easy guys.

For the last year we have been the mandatory challenger for the British title.
So we couldn't take any other fights for Kenny. We have only put Kenny out when the proposed date has been called off. Simply to keep Kenny sane after going through tough training camps. As it is a last minute, people doing us a favour in putting Kenny on the money simply is not there for 'better' opposition.

Kennys is the difficult situation where nobody will fight him because he is dangerous. When the last Groves date was ppd we chased two fights abroad at light heavyweight against two good opponents, both turned him down. It's a very very difficult situation.

It's not a personal thing with Groves he just wants to progress. How the board can strip FW of the last purse bid. Put it back out to purse bids, where he can re bid. Then postpone the bids for 1 month allowing Groves to fight in America simply is not good enough.

Now Groves won't fight till December, we will go into yet Another training camp. Hotel costs, sparring partners, food, time etc etc and all the time we will have the fact that Stiglitz will have fought Abraham by then and will be ready for his next defence.
Kevin Maree is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #79
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Maree View Post
How the board can strip FW of the last purse bid. Put it back out to purse bids, where he can re bid.
I think I remember FW complaining about that very thing. (Obviously when it was someone else.)
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #80
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If only it was that easy guys.

For the last year we have been the mandatory challenger for the British title.
So we couldn't take any other fights for Kenny. We have only put Kenny out when the proposed date has been called off. Simply to keep Kenny sane after going through tough training camps. As it is a last minute, people doing us a favour in putting Kenny on the money simply is not there for 'better' opposition.

Kennys is the difficult situation where nobody will fight him because he is dangerous. When the last Groves date was ppd we chased two fights abroad at light heavyweight against two good opponents, both turned him down. It's a very very difficult situation.

It's not a personal thing with Groves he just wants to progress. How the board can strip FW of the last purse bid. Put it back out to purse bids, where he can re bid. Then postpone the bids for 1 month allowing Groves to fight in America simply is not good enough.

Now Groves won't fight till December, we will go into yet Another training camp. Hotel costs, sparring partners, food, time etc etc and all the time we will have the fact that Stiglitz will have fought Abraham by then and will be ready for his next defence.
Why does being mandatory for British title stop Kenny from taking other fights?
rampant is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #81
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

it doesn't...
smegmaa is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #82
Kevin Maree
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Because we were contracted to fight Groves. He could only fight once the fight didn't take place, as soon as the fight was called off and Kenny was contractually free we got him in.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #83
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Because we were contracted to fight Groves. He could only fight once the fight didn't take place, as soon as the fight was called off and Kenny was contractually free we got him in.
Have you thought about moving Kenny up to 175lbs. Beyond Cleverly & Bellew the domestic scene is wide open.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #84
Kevin Maree
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

We have buddy. Kenny would take anything at the moment. We chased 2 fights at light heavy after the last postponement on 30th June but nothing came off the both turned Kenny down. It's a very frustrating situation.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #85
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why dont u go after Ovill?
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #86
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
We have buddy. Kenny would take anything at the moment. We chased 2 fights at light heavy after the last postponement on 30th June but nothing came off the both turned Kenny down. It's a very frustrating situation.
Kenny is a scary man, that might be putting some potential opponents off. Have you thought about an image change?

Give him a shave & a cardigan, then take some photos of him bottle feeding lambs & helping old ladies with their shopping.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #87
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

I feel so sorry for Kenny, he's trying to feed his family but just can't catch a break.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #88
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Rainbows View Post
I think I remember FW complaining about that very thing. (Obviously when it was someone else.)

Was it not because he didn't have a venue?
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #89
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I know Kenny sparred Carl Froch a matter of weeks before the first Groves fight. Very hard sparring i heard.
I thought Anderson was unprepared?
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #90
Kevin Maree
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He was unprepared he wasn't due to fight until 6 weeks later so taking the fight at a weeks notice loosing the weight and not preparing for that specific fight = unprepared

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum