Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664
Default Re: Ever watch Wlad/Haye a 2nd time?

I've seen it two or three times, believe it or not. But I've subjected myself to far worse re-runs to analyse them. But, really, I didn't think it was a bad watch. I was okay with it. I didn't think it was nearly as difficult to commit to as Volo/Ibragimov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Rayne View Post
Vidic made a really good GIF thread about it recently. (if someone could link).

Worth a look.
That thread made no sense when you compared it to everything else on the general forum at the time. It was like finding Judd Hirsch calmly reading the newspaper in the middle of the Gymkata scene where the entire town is insane and wearing masks and half suits with their bare asses hanging out and trying to kill the tourist with pitch forks and the tourist is kicking them while doing gymnastics, and they don't all just attack at once, but let him lay them out one or two at a time.

...My point was, it was an excellent thread. Unfortunately, I just saw an episode of Taxi and half of Gymkata, so that's the first thing that-...never mind. I apologise for this entire comment.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I watched it a second time it to make gifs of David Haye's humiliation

no offense David, but the toe thing knocked me off my chair
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I've seen it two or three times, believe it or not. But I've subjected myself to far worse re-runs to analyse them. But, really, I didn't think it was a bad watch. I was okay with it. I didn't think it was nearly as difficult to commit to as Volo/Ibragimov.

That thread made no sense when you compared it to everything else on the general forum at the time. It was like finding Judd Hirsch calmly reading the newspaper in the middle of the Gymkata scene where the entire town is insane and wearing masks and half suits with their bare asses hanging out and trying to kill the tourist with pitch forks and the tourist is kicking them while doing gymnastics, and they don't all just attack at once, but let him lay them out one or two at a time.

...My point was, it was an excellent thread. Unfortunately, I just saw an episode of Taxi and half of Gymkata, so that's the first thing that-...never mind. I apologise for this entire comment.
You sick ****. Actually, I kinda agree here. I mean, on second watch it really was not the worst thing I'd ever seen. The only reason I didn't finish watching was because I'm impatient and the buffering took forever. It really wasn't as bad as I remembered. Granted, I had several people over, expecting to see a battle between heavyweights. It was horrendous. There was even a youngster there who's dad is an MMA ref. His opinion was so spot on it was scary, but I continue to tell myself that he DKSAB. I don't think I'm ever going to watch boxing with friends again. They're all less than casual fans, I'm not going to subject them to this shit, even if they're idiots for not liking a tactical bout between guys over 200 pounds. **** them.

You've never seen any movies except for Ghost Dad and Gymkata. You sick, sick son of a bitch.
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
You sick ****. Actually, I kinda agree here. I mean, on second watch it really was not the worst thing I'd ever seen. The only reason I didn't finish watching was because I'm impatient and the buffering took forever. It really wasn't as bad as I remembered. Granted, I had several people over, expecting to see a battle between heavyweights. It was horrendous. There was even a youngster there who's dad is an MMA ref. His opinion was so spot on it was scary, but I continue to tell myself that he DKSAB. I don't think I'm ever going to watch boxing with friends again. They're all less than casual fans, I'm not going to subject them to this shit, even if they're idiots for not liking a tactical bout between guys over 200 pounds. **** them.

You've never seen any movies except for Ghost Dad and Gymkata. You sick, sick son of a bitch.

Do I at least get credit for knowing them by heart?

Anyway, even though Vy just bumped it, here's the Vidic thread Black referenced: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And never watch anything with people. That's my motto. Nothing you want to pay attention to, anyway. Treat people like trees. They can be nice to have on the planet, but not so much in your home. That's my philosophy, really. It's always served me well, when I've adhered to it.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #20
bmf95b
Boxing Fan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

fk no, but i have plenty of other fights on my DVR,
Salido Vs. Lopez never gets old.
Garcia Vs. Khan
bmf95b is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #21
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Ever watch Wlad/Haye.... stoned?
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #22
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Ever watch Wlad/Haye.... stoned?
Blake Rayne is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum