Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Sherrington UD's Campas

Joe Pennisi's Ringside Fights enjoyed a successful foray into the Gold Coast market last saturday night..unearthing a couple of gems along the way..Dennis Hogan and Jack Asis are two red hot prospects and sure to be draw cards in they're own right..Braydon Smith also continued on his winning way on a great card of fights..
Asis was sensational in his dramatic ko over Ryusei Yoshida..ending proceedings in the 7th of the 8 rounder..
Dennis Hogan shone at middleweight against a gutzy but outgunned Arnel Timampay..to be fair Hogan was clearly the bigger guy where Arnel would be way more comfortable back at welter but none the less Hogan is a rising star on the scene..and also with his 200 odd Irish/Aussie supporters singing along in support provided a great atmospere...
..but the main event lived up to expectations with Lezzy Sherrington showing great strength and durability at middleweight against Mexican legend Yoriboy Campas..
..Yoriboy was his usual dangerous self relying essentially on his short hooks and rips where Sherrington got his best work done with his long jabs from the outside..despite picking up a cut over the left eye in round 2 Sherrington stuck to the game plan and outboxed the willing Campas..
..hoping we can get hold of the dvd very soon and put it up for everyone to check out..
cheers guys..

Last edited by darkhorse; 07-30-2012 at 08:21 PM.
darkhorse is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Sherrington UD's Campas

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Joe Pennisi's Ringside Promotions enjoyed a successful foray into the Gold Coast market last saturday night..unearthing a couple of gems along the way..Dennis Hogan and Jack Asis are two red hot prospects and sure to be draw cards in they're own right..Braydon Smith also continued on his winning way on a great card of fights..
Asis was sensational in his dramatic ko over Ryusei Yoshida..ending proceedings in the 7th of the 8 rounder..
Dennis Hogan shone at middleweight against a gutzy but outgunned Arnel Timampay..to be fair Hogan was clearly the bigger guy where Arnel would be way more comfortable back at welter but none the less Hogan is a rising star on the scene..and also with his 200 odd Irish/Aussie supporters singing along in support provided a great atmospere...
..but the main event lived up to expectations with Lezzy Sherrington showing great strength and durability at middleweight against Mexican legend Yoriboy Campas..
..Yoriboy was his usual dangerous self relying essentially on his short hooks and rips where Sherrington got his best work done with his long jabs from the outside..despite picking up a cut over the left eye in round 2 Sherrington stuck to the game plan and outboxed the willing Campas..
..hoping we can get hold of the dvd very soon and put it up for everyone to check out..
cheers guys..
Thanks mate, looking forward to some footage.Is the whole card being sold on DVD at all?
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Benji
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Well done to Les Sherrington, sounds like it was a great fight.
Would love to see Sherrington in with some Aussies at 160, Soliman, Fletcher or Shaick.
Benji is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Thanks mate, looking forward to some footage.Is the whole card being sold on DVD at all?
Hey Whipsy..not too sure about the whole card but will let you know as soon as i know mate..cheers
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Hey Whipsy..not too sure about the whole card but will let you know as soon as i know mate..cheers
Cheers mate, Appreciate it.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Good win for sherro, I tipped him to lose to the much more expierenced mexican. Will wait for a vid
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Les has improved 100% under Smithy, also seems to handle punches better at 160. I would love to see him V Geale
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Smutt View Post
Les has improved 100% under Smithy, also seems to handle punches better at 160. I would love to see him V Geale
Sox is gonna tear you a new one for that suggestion

BTW... thanks for the stellar updates from the Sherro fight, almost felt as if I were there
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Smutt View Post
Possibly on the cards. Hence the reason he contested IBF Pan Pac
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #10
GungHoFool

[quote=Da Voice;13481023]Possibly on the cards. Hence the reason he contested IBF Pan Pac[/quot
Been impressed with Sherrington for for the last couple of years since I first seen him fight.Got good things ahead me feels.
GungHoFool is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=GungHoFool;13482989]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
Possibly on the cards. Hence the reason he contested IBF Pan Pac[/quot
Been impressed with Sherrington for for the last couple of years since I first seen him fight.Got good things ahead me feels.
One of the nicest blokes in the game. Known him since his early days in pro ranks, when he was touch soft in bread basket area, but no problems with that these day. He's a very fit young man these days. Last Sturday's fight wasn't all that good....too much punch punch hold , punch punch hold by both
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
The Spider

vCash:

Great to hear Les took the points in a near shutout. Looking forward to seeing the footage when it becomes available.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum