Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #16
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: David Price Vs. Audley Harrison - Presser

AUdley is always dangerous no matter how much of a plonker he is.. even though he'll 99% loose this fight
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #17
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: David Price Vs. Audley Harrison - Presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
With Audley I've come full circle at least twice I liked him, then thought he was a twat, then like the fella, then thought he was a twat, then liked him again.

He never worked out that in the final analysis boxing is a fight, (whether it's an 'educated' fight doesn't matter, it's still a fight), in which you have extend yourself sometimes and take a chance. Too many underwhelming fights where the post-fight talk seemed mental to me... to many intense statements about how "this variable" almost clicked with "that variable" and how he has "all the tools" and so on.

After a bit I felt like "shut the **** up and just fight - you are a 6'6 big black fella, now hit the other guy". Then he went through his mental "I have a dream" phase that was great except for the stridency of the message meant that it didn't come across as all that humble - a bad combination when you pay money and he turns up and doesn't throw a punch like a twat.

More recently though, I dig his vibe All this talk of "you know what, sometimes I've been a twat but I keep on trying and come what may I'm going to show up and box and win, lose or draw, may the best man win"... all that stuff... makes me want to stand on a table and applaud while crying. What a man. What a lengend. Audley WAR Harrison.
Agree mate.. Its the mentality he needs to have, just turn up and have a fight
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum