Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 AM   #106
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Anderson will be made to wait again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
You know & I know that Groves owes Anderson & Degale a rematch, luckily for him hes living on the fumes from being part of team Booth/Haye or everyone would have been well sick of him by now.
Bull. Shit.

In fact, reading it back - this post is a wind-up, ain't it?
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #107
MickyBlueEyes
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Anderson has a great chance early on, Groves although extremely sharp offensively isn't as sharp defensively especially early on. He likes to counter aggressively and Anderson will pressure behind a high guard.

Groves will put the money in the bank as he looks to break body down again and punch around the guard while Kenny looks to drop right hands from mid to short range. I think he and Booth got the tactics wrong that night, Groves characteristics and ability as a fighter is far better when he works at range, centre ring. Fighting close to the ropes is very hard to develop and really is a natural thing, Groves has a wide stance, that's not conducive to fighting off the ropes..

Anderson applied steady and slow pressure, low work rate but the mental pressure really got to Groves who couldn't help himself and traded foolishly and nearly paid the price.

I think if Kenny pushed Groves back again like last time we've got a great fight on our hands. Groves doesn't have a second phase defence it's purely defend the first punch and the head movements all well and good but he was still being caught on Saturday as he can't slip and roll and tends to trade, If Kenny can get into mid-short range he knows he can hurt Groves and Kenny's got good quality short punches so it's a chance for him. It's how much punishment he can take on the way in and if Groves comes to fight centre ring if he does box centre ring i take Groves to win in middle rounds.

Just a brief analysis but i wouldn't write Kenny off, Opening half of the fight if he could get his gameplan going he has a chance, Sierra is a totally different kettle of fish IMO. The style suited Groves a lot more then Kenny's who closes range rather then stands at it trading.

Groves would rightfully be a big favorite but this is a fight where there is a real punchers chance, but Paul Smith found you can hurt Groves, but he can hurt you to. Groves vs Anderson II= Good fight! however long it lasts..
Good analysis skills.
MickyBlueEyes is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #108
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
& you dont think Kenny will improve with a full training schedule behind him & more rounds under his belt? Kenny hasnt simply stood still you know and admired Groves from the sidelines!

Groves & Haye, good fighters BUT people make up so many excuses for them like they are boxing family on here....
Anderson may have improved intraining but hasnt shown it against weak opposition, infact he was knocked on his arse in his last fight by some wild swinging nobody..plus he was wild swiniging himself against an opposition he really should be looking good against..

Ive said before I do feel for Kenny in this situation with Groves but dont really believe he cant get other decent fights to progress career, instead of going backwards.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #109
raymann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirpa View Post
I thought Anderson was unprepared?
operating at the elite level i think you have to say anything less than a full camp is unprepared. i would have liked to see a rematch because i think it would be a great scrap and a good way for groves to win the lonsdale belt outright.

i think the first fight was a massive warning to groves and he seems to have responded admirably. he looks a much better fighter all round now and I am sure he wouldnt take a rematch with anderson lightly.

youve got to feel sorry for anderson if this doesnt happen, but i do think groves wins handily.
raymann is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #110
Broony
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I don't believe Booth really wants this to happen, risky fight with little to gain when they are on the verge of a world title shot, they're being smart. Where I disagree is they have held up the title and cost Anderson his chance to progress, let the title go, the fight aint happening.
Broony is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #111
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

i hate it when fighters wont let or dont like other fighters progressing or make a living doing the sport they as fighthers me as a fan love its immorral imo
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #112
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 480

Eddie hearn mentioned over at the scene that he is putting anderson on a meaningful fight in october. Wonder who it will be against?
sgtcecil is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum