boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #91
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Naseem hammed should have been great

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
He was great, he didnt train properly for Barerra, not like manny
Wanted him too. But yeah great power, speed, defense. H2H
he is a beast.
**** off with that bull****, he was in his best shape possible, thats not why he lost... he lost because he fell in love with his power in the years leading up to the Barrera fight & practically ignored the thing that got him were he was, his reflexes.

The only other excuse or reason Naz could have tried to make was that it was his longest inactivity between fights heading into the Barrera fight but thats reaching still... he definitely 100% trained as hard as he could, he just wasn`t good enough to beat a peak Barrera at that stage of his career (maybe not any stage, thats another debate tho.)

Ps. I dislike Barrera & I like Naz a lot... but I`ve got to call it what it is.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #92
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Agree with Bill.Heard he trained like hell for Barrera,but somehow I dont believe he thought he could win.The ****iness had gone.Barrera carried on after the Jones defeat,Naz packed in after the Spaniard.One was a hungry fighter,the other was not.If theyd fought another 4 times,at any time in their careers,my money would always be on Marco.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #93
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Most of that wouldn't work with Hamed's style, you can't completely reformulate a boxer. Part of his strength was dropping his hands to force and exchange or to draw a counter. His reflexes at his best are good but he overly focused on exchanging at the expense of punch slipping.

He needed to work with someone like Herol Graham and trained harder. He did used to use far more movement and went to the body more earlier in his career. He got complacent by the end

I think Hamed overall has become massively underrated off 1 fight. No one rips Morales skills to shreds for his losses against Barrera and him getting outboxed by Espadas (gift decision) and Raheem, do they? Everyone overrates Morales and disparages Hamed and in most part it's due to personality.
Dropping the hands gets you knocked out. I'd have Prince do more feinting, rolling and slipping. Not necessarily all traditional boxing, but still keep some aspec of using his strengths properly rather than the awkward BS he pulls. Angles come from setting up your opponent to land the counter shot they don't realize is coming.

Still, If I were training him. That four punch combo would be a staple of his attack. It doesn't always have to be in sequence, but can be timed and mixed into his attack. The point is to keep the points on the scorecard without the nonsense of dropping your hands and getting hit.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #94
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 827

For all his flaws he was pretty good.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #95
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Hameds just one in a long line of guys whose gameplan, plan A became just a home run punch. This was evident in the MAB fight.

That works against the Billy Hardys of the world but not against smarter fighters.

Hamed could have been great but he screwed it up. People also seem to forget that MAB changed his style for that fight, before that he was a brawler whod been Kod by Junior Jones, against Hamed he turned counterpuncher and boxed smartly behind a very tight guard.
No.Marco Antonio Barrera did not change his style for that fight.Wrong.Did you even see the MAB-Jesus Salud fight?

Last edited by Clinton; 08-03-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #96
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
For all his flaws he was pretty good.
Yeah, pretty good covers it. Great ,no.

Pep, Saddler, Canzoneri,Armstrong, Chocolate,Saldivar,Arguello,Sanchez,Pedroza, Miller,Barrera,Morales.
That's great.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #97
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Hamed earnt millions, Hamed was huge, dare i say it, Hamed was bigger than Mayweather.

Hamed had sponsorship deals with PlayStation, Addidas, he was doing commericals, walking to the ring with P ****ty (sorry P Diddy). Hamed was ****ing huge in the 90s.
So what?He was a great draw.His flash and dash made him so.He was not a great fighter,and clearly not as good as Mayweather.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #98
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
Yeah, pretty good covers it. Great ,no.

Pep, Saddler, Canzoneri,Armstrong, Chocolate,Saldivar,Arguello,Sanchez,Pedroza, Miller,Barrera,Morales.
That's great.
PERFECT
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #99
Flo_Raiden
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Hamed was talented, no doubt, but he was obviously buying into his own hype and thinking he was unbeatable as long as he had that punch. His ego was his downfall. I don't think he would have gotten past the other big boys such as Pacquiao, Morales, and Marquez had he continued after that loss to Barrera.

Still, think he was a good enough fighter to be inducted to the Hall of Fame.
Flo_Raiden is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #100
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Prince *****boy might have had a great career...but he ran into some dude named Marco...got fat, and became as useless with the gloves off as they were on...
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #101
Azzer85
ATG
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
**** off with that bull****, he was in his best shape possible, thats not why he lost... he lost because he fell in love with his power in the years leading up to the Barrera fight & practically ignored the thing that got him were he was, his reflexes.

The only other excuse or reason Naz could have tried to make was that it was his longest inactivity between fights heading into the Barrera fight but thats reaching still... he definitely 100% trained as hard as he could, he just wasn`t good enough to beat a peak Barrera at that stage of his career (maybe not any stage, thats another debate tho.)

Ps. I dislike Barrera & I like Naz a lot... but I`ve got to call it what it is.
He was not in the best shape, even his sparring partners were beating him up. Have you seen the Little Prince Big Fight Documentary? While MAB was training his ass off, Hamed was more concerrned about the size of his hotel room, his haircut and playing golf.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #102
Azzer85
ATG
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYouLittle View Post
Dude, that's popular not great.
I never said he was great, i said he was huge in terms of popularity
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #103
Azzer85
ATG
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Actually i think you're forgetting that Barrera began changing his style after his defeats to Junior Jones...In his fight before Hamed, against Jesus Salud, Barrera was showing plenty of Boxing skills...Even had Stewart concerned after watching that performance.
If Steward was so concerned he didnt do much in terms of preparing Naz

I cant remember which fight it is, but MAB did come out with a tshirt saying Naz is Next
Azzer85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum