boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
boxingtactics07
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 276
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

neither have a place in boxing

reply to s****: out of curiosity what were the regular injuries (knee/ankle?)
boxingtactics07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingtactics07 View Post
neither have a place in boxing

reply to s****: out of curiosity what were the regular injuries (knee/ankle?)
Knee and Groin, were the main Problems, plus sore Achilles. We did a lot of Hit Training on the Verti Run.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
boxingtactics07
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 276
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

just watched a video of the verti run, seemed like a high-intensity form of joint mobility training.
boxingtactics07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
i dont need to show the proof
because all you need to do is workout for yourself and you will get the proof

some things are meant to be experience
not read about lol
Ok, buddy.

Please don't give any advice here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
So intense cardio like interval training burns muscle? If that's the case can you explain the physiques of sprinters?

Muscle size can vary day to day from simple things such as glycogen stores and water levels in the body. It isn't purely because you done some cardio a few times. Your lack of strength would be down to recovery or lack there of and nutrition. Again, not all down to doing some cardio.

BTW, your body uses muscle for fuel as a last resort. If you consume enough calories to fuel your workout (as Puma stated), catabolism does not become as issue.
This. Dead on.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #20
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingtactics07 View Post
neither have a place in boxing

reply to s****: out of curiosity what were the regular injuries (knee/ankle?)
Too much weights and too much running? Agreed. Everything other than sport specific training (cross training) should be moderate and tuned to fit each individual's needs.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #21
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingtactics07 View Post
just watched a video of the verti run, seemed like a high-intensity form of joint mobility training.
It is, without impact, plus it makes the Cardio System work 35% more efficient, and stops impact to the Spine and Head. While producing Better quality work.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #22
Jappa
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
good answers

here is a thing is also an interesting question

when you run a lot, you also burn muscle not just fat

can that make you more prone to injuries?
This is bull****.

Only thing that will make you lose muscle is poor nutrition mixed in with overtraining.
Jappa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #23
boxingtactics07
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 276
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by s**** View Post
It is, without impact, plus it makes the Cardio System work 35% more efficient, and stops impact to the Spine and Head. While producing Better quality work.
The fact that he is laying down - while doing the workout - is the part that increases the cardiovascular system by 35%?
boxingtactics07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #24
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingtactics07 View Post
The fact that he is laying down - while doing the workout - is the part that increases the cardiovascular system by 35%?
Correct, plus by laying down, it opens the Diaphragm, interestingly, on HIT you can Half the recovery Time by Half, depending what the protocol is. Plus for Cor stability, theres nothing like it. ooohH
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
So intense cardio like interval training burns muscle? If that's the case can you explain the physiques of sprinters?

Muscle size can vary day to day from simple things such as glycogen stores and water levels in the body. It isn't purely because you done some cardio a few times. Your lack of strength would be down to recovery or lack there of and nutrition. Again, not all down to doing some cardio.

BTW, your body uses muscle for fuel as a last resort. If you consume enough calories to fuel your workout (as Puma stated), catabolism does not become as issue.
you have a good point there actually
but i know a few competing bodybuilders-pro strongman and all of them
say that once your heatbeat goes over a 130 bmp?
you start buring muscle and not just fat.....

i mean they all still run to some degree but perfer the op ital
becaUSE of the above reason
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
you have a good point there actually
but i know a few competing bodybuilders-pro strongman and all of them
say that once your heatbeat goes over a 130 bmp?
you start buring muscle and not just fat.....

i mean they all still run to some degree but perfer the op ital
becaUSE of the above reason
The fat burning zone you're referring to is bull****.

Ask them to explain why they think their body will start burning muscle once they get over 130bpm, I bet they won't be able to give you any kind of scientific explanation, just a "well this guy told me" response.

It's not about your heart rate, it's about the resources your body has available. Food in the stomach, glycogen stores, fat, muscle it can all be used to fuel your body. As I stated above; muscle is a last resort. If you want proof it has nothing to do with heart rate, go look at somebody suffering from anorexia.

Last edited by viru§™; 08-04-2012 at 04:07 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #27
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Something of interest I hope. I found too too much Eccentric Loading Restrictive, in development of Muscle Strength, and endurance.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #28
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 335
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Why are we going through this **** all over again?
Pugsley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #29
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,272
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by s**** View Post
Something of interest I hope. I found too too much Eccentric Loading Restrictive, in development of Muscle Strength, and endurance.
How do you define 'too much'? Too much of anything is detrimental, eccentric loading is the most important thing when increasing strength and power, and preventing injury. The more eccentric loading you do the more recovery you need, that's well established.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #30
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
How do you define 'too much'? Too much of anything is detrimental, eccentric loading is the most important thing when increasing strength and power, and preventing injury. The more eccentric loading you do the more recovery you need, that's well established.
Get your point, same as I always believed . But measured against What.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015