Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Brandon Vera hype

Seriously where the F did this come from? The UFC and Joe Rogan have been hyping this guys for years since he was a heavyweight. And in every fight iv ever seen him (bar Mir who was coming off a career injury motorcycle accident) iv not once seen this guy look anything close to the precocious talent, that Rogan and co are always salivating over.
Even against Big Tim he looked extremely pedestrian. He exits the UFC for a while. Does nothing. Comes back and Rogan is still singing the same praises? WTF man?!!?! All i remember from Vera is the dude seemed far too lazy and casual about his trade with a very nonchalant primadonna attitude as though every opponent was a cake walk and the belt had his name on it.
Now he gets owned by a shot to shit Shogun and nothings changed. This guy will be back to the bush leagues in no time.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
thanosone
I Am Eternal
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Brandon Vera hype

Shogun is not shot to shit.
thanosone is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

A free-to-air card with four fights and a title shot on the line.

Every fight ended in a definitive stoppage.

None of them was a bad fight, and they ranged from merely a good scrap to a FOTY candidate.

A former champion with a unique style gets right back on track and earns a title shot by turning in one of the best performances of his career.

A career underachiever and huge underdog shows real heart and guts and overperforms in a back-and-forth war against a legend, who also shows heart by getting a KO win while exhausted.

And, surprise surprise, scurla has nothing positive to say about any of it. The only comment he has to make is a thread shitting on the guy who surprised everyone by putting in a much-better-than-expected performance.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

None of them was a bad fight, and they ranged from merely a good scrap to a FOTY candidate.

A former champion with a unique style gets right back on track and earns a title shot by turning in one of the best performances of his career.

A career underachiever and huge underdog shows real heart and guts and overperforms in a back-and-forth war against a legend, who also shows heart by getting a KO win while exhausted.

And, surprise surprise, scurla has nothing positive to say about any of it. The only comment he has to make is a thread shitting on the guy who surprised everyone by putting in a much-better-than-expected performance.

Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:

If you even possessed just a tiny smidgen of reading comprehension this pile of horseshit would be worthy of a dissertation.
But i wouldnt expect you know as you don't know who Brandon Vera was a few days ago bar your usual Sherdog Wiki trawls. You're blabbering on about the card when i'm talking about Vera's hype which has been well known since he arrived in the UFC. ****ing idiot.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
If you even possessed just a tiny smidgen of reading comprehension this pile of horseshit would be worthy of a dissertation.
But i wouldnt expect you know as you don't know who Brandon Vera was a few days ago bar your usual Sherdog Wiki trawls. You're blabbering on about the card when i'm talking about Vera's hype which has been well known since he arrived in the UFC. ****ing idiot.
Yes, yes, you have nothing to say beyond your usual bitching and hating. So you'll just tell everyone how you're the expert, and insult and patronize whoever dares to challenge your biases.

Make sure that you don't accidentally say anything positive or constructive about anything in post-2005 MMA, scurla. Just zero in on someone to hate, whether it's a fighter or an organization or an internet poster, and talk shit on them like your opinion matters to anybody.

Last edited by Haggis McJackass; 08-05-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am one that most of the time Bitch about the UFC cards. Felt last night was a goodnight for the UFC. Now like always...Ya have the UFC Tards calling this one of the best cards ever..blah..blah... Very good crad...fun to watch...and can pull in new fans with the actions.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
I am one that most of the time Bitch about the UFC cards. Felt last night was a goodnight for the UFC. Now like always...Ya have the UFC Tards calling this one of the best cards ever..blah..blah... Very good crad...fun to watch...and can pull in new fans with the actions.
That's one thing I thought afterwards, we had some good fights all-round but the casuals who just tuned in because it was on Fox got see the technical brilliance of Lyoto Machida (maybe they'll now realise that it isn't just a vicious deathsport) but also got to see a good ol' scrap for the main event.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
That's one thing I thought afterwards, we had some good fights all-round but the casuals who just tuned in because it was on Fox got see the technical brilliance of Lyoto Machida (maybe they'll now realise that it isn't just a vicious deathsport) but also got to see a good ol' scrap for the main event.
And in Lauzon/Varner, an extremely exciting, high-paced, back and forth war fought in good spirit between two nice guys with heaps of respect for each other.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yes, yes, you have nothing to say beyond your usual bitching and hating. So you'll just tell everyone how you're the expert, and insult and patronize whoever dares to challenge your biases.

Make sure that you don't accidentally say anything positive or constructive about anything in post-2005 MMA, scurla. Just zero in on someone to hate, whether it's a fighter or an organization or an internet poster, and talk shit on them like your opinion matters to anybody.

ESB's very own Queen of bitching and hate complaining about bitching and hate. Whatsamatta pookie didn't Wiki yield an intelligent rebuttal? Or isn't your stunted brain capable of actually replying to the thread topic much less understanding it? Your stupidity is hilarious with its consistency
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
And in Lauzon/Varner, an extremely exciting, high-paced, back and forth war fought in good spirit between two nice guys with heaps of respect for each other.

Get out of my thread crusty. The thread title is about Brandon Vera NOT the card. If you have nothing to add here **** off and get back in your box and take your meds.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:

I didn't get to see that one, might look it up later because it sounds good
Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
ESB's very own Queen of bitching and hate complaining about bitching and hate. Whatsamatta pookie didn't Wiki yield an intelligent rebuttal? Or isn't your stunted brain capable of actually replying to the thread topic much less understanding it? Your stupidity is hilarious with its consistency
Sooooooo..................... anything to say about the card that isn't hating on somebody or complaining about how shot Shogun is?

No?

Didn't think so.

Hey, while you're here. Are you even supposed to watch MMA, being a Witness and all? I know you're not supposed to participate in organized sports or train in combat sports, but does that extend to supporting blood sports? Honest question, I don't know so I thought I'd ask, rather than Wiki it.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
I didn't get to see that one, might look it up later because it sounds good
Fight of the Night on a very entertaining card. Probably not the Fight of the Year, but if it were two higher-profile guys then it would be in the discussion.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sooooooo..................... anything to say about the card that isn't hating on somebody or complaining about how shot Shogun is?

No?

Didn't think so.

Hey, while you're here. Are you even supposed to watch MMA, being a Witness and all? I know you're not supposed to participate in organized sports or train in combat sports, but does that extend to supporting blood sports? Honest question, I don't know so I thought I'd ask, rather than Wiki it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-h6IJILu88[/ame]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum