Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #31
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
you have a good point there actually
but i know a few competing bodybuilders-pro strongman and all of them
say that once your heatbeat goes over a 130 bmp?
you start buring muscle and not just fat.....

i mean they all still run to some degree but perfer the op ital
becaUSE of the above reason
You do realise that so many pro bodybuilders are absolute idiots? Phil Heath, Mr Olympia, has demonstrated many times a distinct lack of knowledge relating to nutrition.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #32
nufc_jay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

How am I the only one who's realised who this Scrap cunt is?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #33
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufc_jay View Post
How am I the only one who's realised who this Scrap cunt is?
Thanks for that
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #34
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
You do realise that so many pro bodybuilders are absolute idiots? Phil Heath, Mr Olympia, has demonstrated many times a distinct lack of knowledge relating to nutrition.

yes so many of them dont anything about which almost the most important area of their sport.

next your gonna tell me they dont anything about lifting weights?

and who is smart some old boxing coach who will tell you that
push ups,sit ups and pull ups
will get your stronger then any weightlifting program lol
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
The fat burning zone you're referring to is bullshit.

Ask them to explain why they think their body will start burning muscle once they get over 130bpm, I bet they won't be able to give you any kind of scientific explanation, just a "well this guy told me" response.

It's not about your heart rate, it's about the resources your body has available. Food in the stomach, glycogen stores, fat, muscle it can all be used to fuel your body. As I stated above; muscle is a last resort. If you want proof it has nothing to do with heart rate, go look at somebody suffering from anorexia.

actually i am gonna ask a few of them where they got this info
but it is seems to be wide spread

"well this guy told me"

i dont think thats the answer, all these guys do and research and talk about is
lifting weights,food and getting stronger lol

so they can give a lecture on any of those topics
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #36
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
yes so many of them dont anything about which almost the most important area of their sport.

next your gonna tell me they dont anything about lifting weights?

and who is smart some old boxing coach who will tell you that
push ups,sit ups and pull ups
will get your stronger then any weightlifting program lol
So ignorant/stupid it is unreal. Go and read up on some of the utter garbage that some pro bodybuilders spew, it's laughable.

Most bodybuilders need to know nothing more than "Eating this works for me", "Doing this works for me". They don't need to know any of the science behind it, yet spout off as if they're are a genius.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #37
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

I did a brief google search on this not long ago. Although the statement of "BPM above 130 burning muscle" seems a bit too vague and simplistic, there seems to be some relation between this frequency and using up glycogen stores, which affects muscle growth.
I'm no expert on this topic, nor do I care to read up on it any further, but I think there's a tiny shred of truth to it, although loosely misrepresented by such a simplistic statement.
If I recall correctly, my conclusion was, I had no reason to worry unless I was a serious bodybuilder (how's that for simplistic?).
If anyone cares to research it further, there are other sources on the web (aside from bodybuilding.com) that will explain it better.
Speechless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #38
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
i disagree with you, because you do have a point about diet etc
it is clear that when you do intense cardio, you burn muscle

i can even notice it myself, after a few days of boxing-cardio workouts
my muscles seem smaller and when i go lifting, i have a harder time lifting
the same weights as i did last week.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #39
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
You do realise that so many pro bodybuilders are absolute idiots? Phil Heath, Mr Olympia, has demonstrated many times a distinct lack of knowledge relating to nutrition.
Yeah Phil knows nothing about nutrition that's why he's Mr O.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #40
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
you have a good point there actually
but i know a few competing bodybuilders-pro strongman and all of them
say that once your heatbeat goes over a 130 bmp?
you start buring muscle and not just fat.....

i mean they all still run to some degree but perfer the op ital
becaUSE of the above reason
Some quality bro science there b. Virus taking care of biness while i'm away though...
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #41
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Yeah Phil knows nothing about nutrition that's why he's Mr O.
I didn't say he knows nothing, I said his knowledge lacks, which he has demonstrated several times. He has no reason to know anything beyond "Eating this makes me big", "Injecting this makes me big", "Lifting like this makes me big".

Taking nutrition/training advice from a bodybuilder and blindly following it just because they are big is probably the most retarded thing you acn do.

But hey, he must know what he's on about - He's huge right? Nothing to do with the genetic blessing, huge "substance" intake and coaches that tell him exactly what to do and when to do.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #42
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I didn't say he knows nothing, I said his knowledge lacks, which he has demonstrated several times. He has no reason to know anything beyond "Eating this makes me big", "Injecting this makes me big", "Lifting like this makes me big".

Taking nutrition/training advice from a bodybuilder and blindly following it just because they are big is probably the most retarded thing you acn do.
I take it you've never watched ANY of his videos then. You don't get to be Mr O that quickly in a sport like BB just by being on the right stack. Trust me from what iv seen Heath DOES know plenty about diet. He goes over his diet extensively in his videos. Whilst he's not a nutritionist your presumption that he displays a lack of knowledge is incredibly misleading.
Whilst his diet obviously doesn't cater for the average gym pug i'm fairly certain Heath is aware of that as he's been in sport all his life since playing NCAA basketball with the likes of Jamal Crawford. So the kids pedigree is proven.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #43
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I take it you've never watched ANY of his videos then. You don't get to be Mr O that quickly in a sport like BB just by being on the right stack. Trust me from what iv seen Heath DOES know plenty about diet. He goes over his diet extensively in his videos. Whilst he's not a nutritionist your presumption that he displays a lack of knowledge is incredibly misleading.
Whilst his diet obviously doesn't cater for the average gym pug i'm fairly certain Heath is aware of that as he's been in sport all his life since playing NCAA basketball with the likes of Jamal Crawford. So the kids pedigree is proven.
I know you don't get to be Mr Olympia just by the drugs, I've never eluded to that at all, it could be argued that drug users have it harder that naturals.

It's not a presumption that he displays a lack of knowledge, I have read some of his comments through his twitter on nutrition, or else I wouldn't of specifically named him.

Surely you can't disagree with the initial statement that some bodybuilders have horrendous knowledge of nutritional sciences, despite being huge?

What videos of Phil Heath can I watch him 'go over his diet' and discuss nutrition? I'm just going by the statements that I've saw from him.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #44
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I know you don't get to be Mr Olympia just by the drugs, I've never eluded to that at all, it could be argued that drug users have it harder that naturals.

It's not a presumption that he displays a lack of knowledge, I have read some of his comments through his twitter on nutrition, or else I wouldn't of specifically named him.

Surely you can't disagree with the initial statement that some bodybuilders have horrendous knowledge of nutritional sciences, despite being huge?

What videos of Phil Heath can I watch him 'go over his diet' and discuss nutrition? I'm just going by the statements that I've saw from him.
Thats too broad a statement to make. You can't casually dismiss their knowledge especially a guy like Heath who has reached the pinnacle of the sport in record time. You don't get to do that by being stupid.
That said when i saw Ricky Hatton with Kerry Kayes i did wonder if Ricky had missed a trick. As Kayes is the kind of guy that only knows about bodybuilding and offered Ricky little advice that was sound in respect of boxing. It stands to reason though Kayes knowledge is somewhat myopic. But it can't be glibly dismissed.
Heath has loads of videos. Some are quite long though. Becoming Number 13. The Gift Unwrapped. Journey to the Olympia or The Gift. These are just a few i have in my collection.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #45
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Thats too broad a statement to make. You can't casually dismiss their knowledge especially a guy like Heath who has reached the pinnacle of the sport in record time. You don't get to do that by being stupid.
That said when i saw Ricky Hatton with Kerry Kayes i did wonder if Ricky had missed a trick. As Kayes is the kind of guy that only knows about bodybuilding and offered Ricky little in the way of solid nutritional advice. In stands to reason though Kayes knowledge is somewhat myopic. But it can't be glibly dismissed.
Heath has loads of videos. Some are quite long though. Becoming Number 13. The Gift Unwrapped. Journey to the Olympia or The Gift. These are just a few i have in my collection.
I said some, not all.

Some huge guys are very, very knowledgable, some...aren't. Bottom line, I wouldn't take advice off somebody on nutrition/physiology purely because they are a big guy.

A good video that touches on things I've mentioned. People can be huge following things that "work", but still poor knowledge in nutrition/physiology:

Start at 2:45

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90QtNv7mnU[/ame]
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013