boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #46
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I said some, not all.

Some huge guys are very, very knowledgable, some...aren't. Bottom line, I wouldn't take advice off somebody on nutrition/physiology purely because they are a big guy.

A good video that touches on things I've mentioned. People can be huge following things that "work", but still poor knowledge in nutrition/physiology:

Start at 2:45

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You got to admit everyone loves a little bit of bro science
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
You got to admit everyone loves a little bit of bro science
I like it purely from an entertainment point of view, because some claims are so hilariously retarded, but then again it frustrates me when you see people like "TMW" give blatant **** information to such a huge following, then completely sensor people like Alan Aragon that politely commented on one of their videos before.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #48
norfolkinchance
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 561
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufc_jay View Post
How am I the only one who's realised who this S**** **** is?
i also know who he is. obvious if you are well read with boxing books
norfolkinchance is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #49
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
yes so many of them dont anything about which almost the most important area of their sport.

next your gonna tell me they dont anything about lifting weights?

and who is smart some old boxing coach who will tell you that
push ups,sit ups and pull ups
will get your stronger then any weightlifting program lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
actually i am gonna ask a few of them where they got this info
but it is seems to be wide spread

"well this guy told me"

i dont think thats the answer, all these guys do and research and talk about is
lifting weights,food and getting stronger lol

so they can give a lecture on any of those topics
Maybe my last request was too mired in subtlety.

Shut the **** up, get the **** out and never come back. You're worthless and taking up space.

Last edited by El Puma; 08-06-2012 at 07:43 PM.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
actually i am gonna ask a few of them where they got this info
but it is seems to be wide spread
Many things are wide spread, doesn't make them correct.

Quote:
"well this guy told me"

i dont think thats the answer, all these guys do and research and talk about is
lifting weights,food and getting stronger lol

so they can give a lecture on any of those topics
I can get any guy in the gym to talk bull**** about lifting weights, nutrition and getting stronger. I'm talking about actual proven science.

This is all you need to know -

It's not about your heart rate, it's about the resources your body has available. Food in the stomach, glycogen stores, fat, muscle it can all be used to fuel your body. As I stated above; muscle is a last resort. If you want proof it has nothing to do with heart rate, go look at somebody suffering from anorexia.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #51
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
Maybe my last request was too mired in subtlety.

Shut the **** up, get the **** out and never come back. You're worthless and taking up space.

and maybe god willing
you live in toronto canada
so i can knock you the **** out



ohh yeah i bet you dont even train
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #52
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
So ignorant/stupid it is unreal. Go and read up on some of the utter garbage that some pro bodybuilders spew, it's laughable.

Most bodybuilders need to know nothing more than "Eating this works for me", "Doing this works for me". They don't need to know any of the science behind it, yet spout off as if they're are a genius.

you do realise that diet is atleast as important to bodybuilding as weights are right???

that is why you see so many guys in gyms
who are on juice, are big, and have fat on them
lots of mass, both muscle and fat....

why not ripped??? they lift a lot and they take roids....but not ripped
because to to ripped you need to know a lot about food etc

and ignorant and stupid???
that would be YOU, and those old coaches???

ps i have noticed you talk **** about weightlifting in every thread'

are you some 113 pound beanpole with ***** tits
who took was not allowed in the gym in high school?
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #53
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I take it you've never watched ANY of his videos then. You don't get to be Mr O that quickly in a sport like BB just by being on the right stack. Trust me from what iv seen Heath DOES know plenty about diet. He goes over his diet extensively in his videos. Whilst he's not a nutritionist your presumption that he displays a lack of knowledge is incredibly misleading.
Whilst his diet obviously doesn't cater for the average gym pug i'm fairly certain Heath is aware of that as he's been in sport all his life since playing NCAA basketball with the likes of Jamal Crawford. So the kids pedigree is proven.
good point


its interesting that so many people on here are always ready to attack
the shortcomings of weightlifting and weightlifters.....

yet will look ignore the shortcomings of running and runners.....

the reasons for this are interesting to me
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #54
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I like it purely from an entertainment point of view, because some claims are so hilariously retarded, but then again it frustrates me when you see people like "TMW" give blatant **** information to such a huge following, then completely sensor people like Alan Aragon that politely commented on one of their videos before.
C'mon dude it's not that serious. TMW are hilarious. Plus those guys DEFINITELY know what they're doing. For two twins approaching 40 they're in awesome shape. Consistency is the key. The rest will fall in to place over time. Its not a macro-science. There's no one size fits all scientific formula here.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #55
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
and maybe god willing
you live in toronto canada
so i can knock you the **** out



ohh yeah i bet you dont even train
You need to learn some respect homeslice. There's a few gym vets on this site. Puma is one of them. Don't come in here talking smack and not expect to get shown up by guys like Virus and co. I'm sure he does it for a living. Guys like me and Puma do it as our hobbys. Pretty certain like me they've been in the game well over a decade. If you know the drill you wouldn't have to ask stupid questions. So chill and be easy padner.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #56
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
You need to learn some respect homeslice. There's a few gym vets on this site. Puma is one of them. Don't come in here talking smack and not expect to get shown up by guys like Virus and co. I'm sure he does it for a living. Guys like me and Puma do it as our hobbys. Pretty certain like me they've been in the game well over a decade. If you know the drill you wouldn't have to ask stupid questions. So chill and be easy padner.

respect for what, the guy was a ****ing asshole to me

if you think i should take that from him or you,
then **** you too

i have boxed for over 10 years
and have also done other combat sports too

so i would be up to spar any of you internet form clowns any day


and stupid questions???
the only stupid thing is your wanta be street talk
and your stupid Malcolm x picture
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #57
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
respect for what, the guy was a ****ing asshole to me

if you think i should take that from him or you,
then **** you too

i have boxed for over 10 years
and have also done other combat sports too

so i would be up to spar any of you internet form clowns any day


and stupid questions???
the only stupid thing is your wanta be street talk
and your stupid Malcolm x picture
Calm down Carol it's not that serious.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #58
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
and maybe god willing
you live in toronto canada
so i can knock you the **** out
Keyboard warriors FTW! How pathetic.

Last edited by viru§™; 08-07-2012 at 07:04 AM.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #59
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
you do realise that diet is atleast as important to bodybuilding as weights are right???

that is why you see so many guys in gyms
who are on juice, are big, and have fat on them
lots of mass, both muscle and fat....

why not ripped??? they lift a lot and they take roids....but not ripped
because to to ripped you need to know a lot about food etc

and ignorant and stupid???
that would be YOU, and those old coaches???

ps i have noticed you talk **** about weightlifting in every thread'

are you some 113 pound beanpole with ***** tits
who took was not allowed in the gym in high school?
I don't even think I need to bother giving a proper reply. You have done a good enough job of making your own stupidity evident to everybody already.

You also have the reading comprehension skills of a 5 year old child.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #60
Jappa
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Default Re: too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
respect for what, the guy was a ****ing asshole to me

if you think i should take that from him or you,
then **** you too

i have boxed for over 10 years
and have also done other combat sports too

so i would be up to spar any of you internet form clowns any day


and stupid questions???
the only stupid thing is your wanta be street talk
and your stupid Malcolm x picture
Watch out guys! We've got a badass in the training section!
Jappa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015