Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Nate Diaz vs. Winner of Bendo/Edgar

I love Frankie Edgar, a sweet, sweet fighter imo, but he gets his ass whooped.

Nate Diaz takes Hendo into deep water and submits him. That, or a controversial decision followed by an immediate rematch.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Bendo has shown excellent submission defence throughout his career, but I do think that if Nate was abe to grab his neck in any way, he wouldn't be getting out. The way he choked Jim Miller was just brutal. It would be a great ground battle. On the feet, Bendo is very solid all around, but I think that I would give Nate the edge. His boxing looks better and better every fight, and Bendo is very hittable. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bendo try a stick and move approach, with heavy emphasis on hard leg kicks. Both guys are tough and have limitless cardio, so I think the most likely scenario would be a decision either way.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

One really big question , can Nate Diaz keep a fight standing with either Edgar or Henderson , my feeling is that he cannot , therefore he'll be decisioned

If were keeping it really simple here
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #19
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
One really big question , can Nate Diaz keep a fight standing with either Edgar or Henderson , my feeling is that he cannot , therefore he'll be decisioned

If were keeping it really simple here
Would it matter, though? Nate's guard is very active, and given enough time, he is very likely to catch something. It's hard to effectively GnP a guy who is always fishing for sweeps and subs.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Would it matter, though? Nate's guard is very active, and given enough time, he is very likely to catch something. It's hard to effectively GnP a guy who is always fishing for sweeps and subs.
Agreed. Nate Diaz could still win a decision over Frankie even if he was getting taken down repeatedly and having to fight off his back. Nate would get the better of the standup, and then on the ground would force Frankie to defend subs, and as I said earlier, I believe Nate Diaz striking off his back does more damage to Frankie Edgar than Frankie does GnPing Nate from top.

I still think Nate will be able to fight off the TD or bounce back up and beat Frankie up though.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Maybe I'm overrating Nate compared to others, but I was so impressed by his dominance of Cerrone, and CRAZY impressed by the way he beat down Jim Miller (as I rate both Cerrone and Miller). I think Nate's a brilliant fighter now, and is really on fire, form-wise. I believe he'll become champion, but only time will tell I suppose.

I love the Diaz brothers, to me they are what a real fighter should be (minus the silly finger gestures and stuff). Training like machines, coming to fight and fighting like demons, fire and skills.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #22
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yes it is

Diaz like his brother is very very dangerous on the ground , specifically off his back , if were ranking fighters on just how dangerous they are off there back these 2 pop up on everyones list , thats nailed on !!!

All that said , the man on top , providing he doesnt get over excited and get himself caught , is the man in the better position , as dangerous as Diaz is off his back , Edgar and Henderson have solid solid top games , and good JJ , when you stick to a simple concept of control but dont over commit , and follow your opponents hips when they move for a sub , you are the man in charge.

Im not saying Diaz cannot catch a sub here , im just saying its unlikely against these 2 in particular IMO

I think he'll be wrestled to a decision loss by either man , just my opinion
Old 08-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post

I think he'll be wrestled to a decision loss by either man , just my opinion
That may be, but I think it would be in the same way Miguel Torres was wrestled to a decision loss by Demetrious Johnson.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #24
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

With how many punches Frankie landed on Benson, Nate is gonna box his head off.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #25
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
That may be, but I think it would be in the same way Miguel Torres was wrestled to a decision loss by Demetrious Johnson.
Well its certainly not going to be " pure wrestling " is it ?? , the standards are too high now for any wrestler of any calibre to walk in and just shoot in !! you have to have more skill and more versatility now , i just think Diaz presents opportunities to be taken down , he is very comfortable off his back and it doesnt bother him being there , this shows in his stand up application , he poors forward with combinations , which is a great style to have if your fighting a striker , but a good striker / wrestler (Maynard , Henderson) will take him down IMHO

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum