Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 05:18 AM   #61
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Eastern U.S.
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1218
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
Any other questions ???

yeah ****face itz "NOT" even CLOSE to EQUAL starting ground you DIPSHYTE

you think you can just ADD that in at the VERY END of your argument and NODBOY will NOTICE it ?

ok NEWz FLASH pinhead, randy fought his career in MMA and toney didnt

SEE THE DIFFERENCE YET ??

now you and your thread have something in common with james tonite

this could be one of the funniest timez ever a jackass climbed into a thread with bucketz of confidence thinking he was in control of everything only to find out within his own thread he began getting mentally raped

Any Other Questions ?
Yup. After you read all of this thread (assuming you do), how silly will you feel? But, then again, considering the context of your post, the important points will probably go right over your head or you'll simply ignore them.

Either way...
James23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 05:26 AM   #62
#1Rounder
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 571
vCash: 75
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
I'll also watch a good boxing match, but seems they've been few and far between recently.

I also started in TKD when I was 4, got my black belt when I was 13 and started boxing, muay thai and BJJ when I was 18. Muay Thai first, then BJJ and rounding it out with boxing. I now wish I did wrestling because damn it's effective when combined with other styles.

And even by loose standards, you're a mixed martial artist. You've studied multiple martial arts, you can combine them or keep them separate and use them each individually should the need arise, so you're a mixed martial artist. Easy, really.

Ever train any BJJ? If not, I'd highly recommend it. I wish to all hell we had it where I live when I was a kid. Way more effective the TKD in every sense of the word. TKD is largely useless by itself, I've found. My Muay Thai instructor beat the **** outta me when we sparred. I was simply never used to his kinds of techniques and the sheer effectiveness of his skill set under duress, which TKD doesn't teach you to cope with.

And yeah, interesting. You didn't come at me with anything malicious, but I suppose I was in kind of a "defensive" kind of position because of the way in which this thread was approached and because of the initial reply of Poppy with the heading "FAIL". So, I replied in kind. I should have been a bit more sincere to yourself, so my apologies. I try and keep it on level with whom I'm talking to, and you seem to be level-headed. So, thank you, sir.
#1Rounder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #63
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 735
vCash: 15444
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

No offence dude, but you're being pretty stubborn here..

And to the point that "Because James Toney fought and MMA fight he's an MMA fighter," yes..Technically he is..But that's a stupid thing to say, it's the same as saying that something has one grain of sugar in, therefore it's sweetened. Indeed it is, but it wouldn't really be counted by most people.

I know that was a kind of stupid example, it's just hard to explain what i mean..
Like, yes he is an MMA fighter..But no, he's not really..It's like someone learning a jab, then getting knocked out and calling themselves a boxer..It's correct technically, but it's just stupid.
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #64
brixtonbeat
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 253
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
So, sir, you please educate yourself before you try and talk back to someone who has been involved in martial arts since they were 4 years old and has been actively training in Mixed Martial Arts for over 5 years.
That sounds about the time TUF started on TV.
brixtonbeat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #65
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
Yup. After you read all of this thread (assuming you do), how silly will you feel? But, then again, considering the context of your post, the important points will probably go right over your head or you'll simply ignore them.

Either way...
because you RE-DEEM yourself later on in this THREAD i will feel silly if i READ ALL of it ???

so your STUPID POINT in your FIRST POST doesnt MEAN anything and your simply going to IGNORE it as YOU dont like the truth or it just goes right over your head that you created a STUPID POINT

instead you use DISTRACTION and desperately try to SHIFT FOCUS away from your STUPID POINT by stating that if i read this entire thread it will somehow CHANGE the TRUTH that you made a STUPID POINT in your very first POST

listen great job with the rest of the thread its truely outstanding but i really wasnt refering to the rest of this thread i was specifically refering to the STUPID POINT you CLEARLY made in your VERY first post in this THREAD that your already aware oF and trying DESPERATELY to IGNORE eventhough it is still right there in YOUR very first post

either way any more questionz ?

no i dont think either way you have anything more. i think you fully realize what is going on here.
latineg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #66
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,976
vCash: 9062
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-Robson View Post
No offence dude, but you're being pretty stubborn here..

And to the point that "Because James Toney fought and MMA fight he's an MMA fighter," yes..Technically he is..But that's a stupid thing to say, it's the same as saying that something has one grain of sugar in, therefore it's sweetened. Indeed it is, but it wouldn't really be counted by most people.

I know that was a kind of stupid example, it's just hard to explain what i mean..
Like, yes he is an MMA fighter..But no, he's not really..It's like someone learning a jab, then getting knocked out and calling themselves a boxer..It's correct technically, but it's just stupid.
Exactly.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #67
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

The reasons why Couture shouldn't fight Toney in a boxing match are simple:

- Couture has admitted he'd get beaten
- Boxing and MMA fans alike both know Randy would get beaten

Why stage a boxing match when the result is a foregone conclusion.

And you can argue that the result of last night's fight was a foregone conclusion as well. The only difference is that Toney was talking a lot of shit and wanted an MMA fight.

Don't blame Couture for having the foresight that Toney didn't.
Boinko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #68
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Fail.


MMA is a sport. Randy Couture is an MMA fighter.

Boxing is a sport. James Toney is a boxer.



Randy Couture and James Toney fought in an MMA fight under MMA rules.

100% advantage Couture.



Should Toney and Couture fight in a boxing match now?

Nope. Because then it would be the opposite, it would be 100% advantage Toney. And fights with 100% advantages are completely pointless, they degrade whichever sport they take place in.



From now on, MMA fighters should fight MMA fighters, boxers should fight boxers, and everyone should stay in their element and have fair, competitive fights, no more freakshow mismatches.
That's me only just back online since this thread started the other day.


I've read through it all now, and I am secure in the knowledge that my post above is still the definitive response to the thread-starter's rather idiotic position.


To say Couture and Toney started on an equal footing is just...


MMA is now an art form in itself, that's why no fighter can have great success there practising pure versions of any martial art.

Randy Couture is not a pure wrestler now, he is a pure mixed martial artist with striking ability as well as grappling ability and a ground game. James Toney is a pure boxer with absolutely ZERO mma experience who was merely permitted to fight in an MMA contest.



That is all
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #69
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 1347
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
And even by loose standards, you're a mixed martial artist. You've studied multiple martial arts, you can combine them or keep them separate and use them each individually should the need arise, so you're a mixed martial artist. Easy, really.


So by that definition I am a mix martial artist, because I got yellow belt in Jiu Jitsu when I was 16? and have been doing boxing for few years.


Still if the need arises, I will definitely keep my Jiu Jitsu joke moves out of it and use only boxing.
Antsu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #70
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crescent Heights,Hell
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 438
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Fail.


MMA is a sport. Randy Couture is an MMA fighter.

Boxing is a sport. James Toney is a boxer.



Randy Couture and James Toney fought in an MMA fight under MMA rules.

100% advantage Couture.



Should Toney and Couture fight in a boxing match now?

Nope. Because then it would be the opposite, it would be 100% advantage Toney. And fights with 100% advantages are completely pointless, they degrade whichever sport they take place in.



From now on, MMA fighters should fight MMA fighters, boxers should fight boxers, and everyone should stay in their element and have fair, competitive fights, no more freakshow mismatches.
Exactly. You got it. Couture knows better than to try and fight Toney in a ring.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #71
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crescent Heights,Hell
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 438
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Thread starter is a ****ing idiot. MMA fights are as much about ground fighting as they are stand up. Couture is an experience ground fighter and beat a guy who never fought on the ground. Randy knows Toney would smoke him in a boxing match.

Dumb ****. MMA fans at it again!
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #72
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #73
Caestus
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Randy Couture send a twitter message to Dana saying that " I want to give the welcome to James Toney to the MMA", before Toney had an opponent.Taking the easy way as always...

The promoter Dan Goosen offered a purse of one million dollars to Couture for a fight in boxing with Toney in Las Vegas."Captain America" refused to take the second part of the cake, even when the purse was much more better than the purse of the first fight.

And this coward is called "An american Hero" Lol.
Caestus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #74
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

TKO 6, Take the test Manny, Floyd a coward/G, Roy Jones was a glass jawed fraud and all the over general forum clichés from 2010...so so interesting Excuse me, there's a dead horse that needs a flogging
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #75
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

I read this thread and it's an epic fail in reading comprehension.


Popkins What can I say? Word ****ing games seem to be the prevalent theme.

I have been in fight gyms since I was six years old - James23 definition of what defines a MMA fighter is 100% correct. I would disagree about the "even ground" however if you talk the talk you better walk the walk as Toney had to.

The moment a boxer learns one pure vanilla submission or wrestling technique, the moment he learns one pure vanilla Muay Thai technique then he has by generally accepted definition learnt a bit, some, lots or crap mixed martial arts.

Put it in the real world - the moment a boxer talks shit about MMA fighters in a MMA gym then he is expected to jump in and show how superior boxing is. If the boxer won by atomic drop or flying off the top turnbuckle then I have hard ****in time relating that to his boxing skills.

JeanPaulValley - hang your head in shame for even thinking this was a good thread and actually agreeing with Popkins and typing shit.

Last edited by PIRA; 08-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013