Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
Greco
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chael Sonnen is already talking crap to Jon Jones on twitter.

I like Sonnen, but he's going to get handled.
Greco is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict

If I was Sonnen I just would have said, "Yea atleast I fought Silva, I didn't chicken out like you did Jonny."
Nuke is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict

Plus I'd rather be a cheater then a drunk driver. A cheater only wins a sporting event, a drunk driver puts me and my family's lives at risk. Jonny risked the lives of thousands of people being a scumbag lush out ripping around town sloshed in his Bently or whatever car he has!
Nuke is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

I want to see how big Chael looks at 205 before I really comment. But my first initial thought is that there is no ****ing way Chael can win 3/5 rounds against Jones. He may be able to take him down.....but that is even highly doubtful. He couldn't even get Anderson down in the 2nd round, which is when i believe he gave up and lost the heart to fight. Jones may KO him in 1, or stop him via GnP in 1.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Did you see Forrest's last two fights? Have you heard the way that he's been talking in interviews for the past year? He's done. He's declined physically, and he's so disillusioned by the fact that he's on the downside of his career that he's not even training properly anymore.

This shit is so transparent that it's not even funny. Zuffa gives Fael an easy fight for his return to 205, and barely a day later, he starts attacking Jones through social media and on UFCTV (Fuel). If (when) Sonnen beats Griffin and Jones gets through Henderson and the Machida rematch, look for Zuffa to hype this up as a bullshit "grudge match" sometime next Spring.
Chael will keep running his mouth to rope in the casual fans, and everybody will get a nice payday after Jones stomps a mudhole in his ass.

Zuffa has basically set up all of Jones' title fights through the end of 2013: Hendo, Machida, Sonnen and the winner of Gustafsson/Rua (probably Gus if Shogun shows up in the same condition that he did against Vera).
I disagree with a lot of this. Styles make fights, and I don't see how this appears to be so favorable to you. Griffin is a big man that wears his opponents down, and isn't a slouch in the grappling department. It's not like Sonnen has vastly superior hand speed and a good punch. That's Griffin's kryptonite.

This is a good match-up for Griffin, especially if this a 5 round fight. I hope Sonnen is the betting favorite. I think Griffin takes this.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
HoldMyBeer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
what in the world has sonnen done to even entertain talk of a title shot?
the same thing david haye does
he runs his mouth and gets attention doing it
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #22
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I disagree with a lot of this. Styles make fights, and I don't see how this appears to be so favorable to you. Griffin is a big man that wears his opponents down, and isn't a slouch in the grappling department. It's not like Sonnen has vastly superior hand speed and a good punch. That's Griffin's kryptonite.

This is a good match-up for Griffin, especially if this a 5 round fight. I hope Sonnen is the betting favorite. I think Griffin takes this.
What you're saying makes sense, and I think a prime Griffin beats a prime Sonnen. But Forrest has looked so shit of late, you'd have to expect him to lose.

I'm wary of picking against you though Rek, as I remember you were right about Nog beating Schaub when everyone was laughing at the chances of that happening (am I remembering this rightly?), so I will reserve my judgement on this one.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
If I was Sonnen I just would have said, "Yea atleast I fought Silva, I didn't chicken out like you did Jonny."
What exactly did Jones chicken out of? Silva has said repeatedly that he has no intention of moving up to fight him.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #24
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

couldnt be ****ed listening to sonnen all over again
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Plus I'd rather be a cheater then a drunk driver. A cheater only wins a sporting event, a drunk driver puts me and my family's lives at risk. Jonny risked the lives of thousands of people being a scumbag lush out ripping around town sloshed in his Bently or whatever car he has!

Not to get into an argument because I don't even think that you believe the sanctimonious bullshit that your spouting, but if we're going to discuss morality when it comes to these two, you're sort of forgetting that Sonnen is (well, was) a crooked business man who pleaded guilty to felony fraud charges. So the choice is a between a drunk and a guy who'd **** you (and your family) on a house that you spent your life savings on.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post

If this fight were happening even two years ago I'd agree with you, but Forrest is done. He just got smacked around by a totally shot fighter. If you listen to his recent interviews, it's pretty clear that the guy is only hanging around in the sport to collect a few more paychecks.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #27
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
What you're saying makes sense, and I think a prime Griffin beats a prime Sonnen. But Forrest has looked so shit of late, you'd have to expect him to lose.

I'm wary of picking against you though Rek, as I remember you were right about Nog beating Schaub when everyone was laughing at the chances of that happening (am I remembering this rightly?), so I will reserve my judgement on this one.
I actually disagree with him. I think Sonnen will be refreshed and stronger, better stamina at 205. He will lose to Jones & Machida, probably Shogun.....but I think he will dominate Griffin. It will be a grapple ****. Forrest will probably gas in the 3rd and be stopped or subbed in the 4th. Forrest was gassed against Tito. Chael currently is a level above tito, and a few levels above him in wrestling.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #28
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

I really don't see Chael finishing Forrest. His jiu jitsu is very sound, and if anyone gets subbed, it will be Chael. Forrest's chin has gone horribly downhill, but I don't think Chael can knock him out.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #29
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
If this fight were happening even two years ago I'd agree with you, but Forrest is done. He just got smacked around by a totally shot fighter. If you listen to his recent interviews, it's pretty clear that the guy is only hanging around in the sport to collect a few more paychecks.
It's another style vs style thing. Ortiz is always better than Forrest until he gets tired, whether it takes one round or two. I don't think Forrest is as good as he once was, but he was still good enough to beat Franklin a little over a year ago. I don't know how well Sonnen's take downs are going to be at 205, but I don't think he can ride Griffin to a 5 round decision win. I think Griffin takes the fight over whenever Sonnen tires, that's if Sonnen can put Griffin on his back, and finishes Sonnen late.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #30
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
I really don't see Chael finishing Forrest. His jiu jitsu is very sound, and if anyone gets subbed, it will be Chael. Forrest's chin has gone horribly downhill, but I don't think Chael can knock him out.
Who would you pick, or who will you be picking?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum