Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ivan Dychko the 21 year old heir to the Klitschko throne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
No they didn't. There were just some shit decisions and some poor scoring, as ALWAYS happens in amateur boxing with its crap scoring system.

If Britain had rigged things, they would have chosen Ogogo to take gold over everyone as he is the most marketable with the best story to sell. Moreover, why would we just rig boxing? We had a guy get silver in the gymnastics who scored the same as the gold medal winner, but the other guy was awarded gold.

We had a national star denied gold in the sprint cycling due to a dodgy judge call and so on.

Joshua got a gift against Savon, nobody is denying that, but shit scoring happens and multiple shots in a flurry often only score 1 or 2 points in am boxing, you see it ALL the time.

The other fights were all tight, no out and out robberies, just fights where the home fighter perhaps got a close call that should have gone the other way. Same as how Joshua lost by one point in the world am finals, when he could easily have taken it, but by the same token the other guy could have won it too, it was close. The other guy got the nod as the home town fighter, no robbery, no complaint.

Some act like Cammerelle was robbed. It was close.
I only got to watch the one day of fights, and it wasn't the super-heavies but the heavies, so I am not commenting on Joshua here.

But the decision were so poor, that it almost seemed to me they went in already having decided who was going to win before a punch was thrown.

I am not a conspiracy theorist- I don't think anyone was paid off or anything like that. But there come a point when a distinction has no difference.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
The Coon

vCash: 500

Anthony Joshua is the darling of amateur boxing. He also got the benefit of the doubt from the judges all tourny long when he got silver in Baku. He does fight hard and has heart but so do the fighters he is getting gifts against.

What exactly makes Anthony Joshua more deserving than any of them???
The Coon is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #18
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
I only got to watch the one day of fights, and it wasn't the super-heavies but the heavies, so I am not commenting on Joshua here.

But the decision were so poor, that it almost seemed to me they went in already having decided who was going to win before a punch was thrown.

I am not a conspiracy theorist- I don't think anyone was paid off or anything like that. But there come a point when a distinction has no difference.
Well we didn't even have a heavy.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Well we didn't even have a heavy.
Like I said, no disrespect to Joshua. I congratulate the man and hope he turns pro.

All I am saying is that from the judging that I saw, they already seemed to have their minds made up on a lot of these fights.
Cachibatches is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum