Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #76
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

I can't be arsed reading this stupid ****ing thread, but i feel the need to point this out.

james toney CHALLENGED Randy to a MMA match and he got one, and lost.

Randy NEVER challenged Toney to a boxing match, infact, he admitted he would probably get knocked out in a round

 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #77
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Under the oppression of a tyrannical government.
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Agreed.

Also, Randy isn`t going around saying he could beat boxers at their own game. It was Toney saying that he would beat the top MMA heavyweights.
I like how everyone ignores this fact. This is the main reason this fight happened in the first place. Toney called out mma Randy answered, then beat him like a child. If Randy called out boxing I'd expect Randy to get in the ring and get beaten like an orphan. Fact is though that Randy isn't an ignorant twat like Toney.
Nuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #78
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
JeanPaulValley - hang your head in shame for even thinking this was a good thread and actually agreeing with Popkins and typing shit.
Jeanpaulvalley is just ****ing obsessed by his hatred of mma and the fact that ray mercer beat tim shittypants syvia, like anyone gives a ****.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #79
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Give JDS 3 months of training and.... he...will.....wait.. .....(help me here Stoo !)....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #80
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Just read this thread, quite funny, James23 is clearly dumb as a cross-eyed frog, everything he says is a rancid pile of manure.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #81
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Give JDS 3 months of training and.... he...will.....wait.. .....(help me here Stoo !)....
Give JDS 3 month at training James Toney and Jimmy boy will be back down to 160 and challenging Benson Henderson
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #82
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Catharines Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 75
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
This is getting a bit stupid, so let me correct all you tards screaming that Randy should have to fight in a boxing match to "make it even".

MMA is an equal ground. You can do anything. You're not limited to singular skill sets. Toney, or any boxer, can use their boxing, but no one has to box with them. Just like Randy, or any wrestler, can use their wrestling, but you don't have to wrestle with them.

Do you see the difference yet?

If they had a wrestling match where Toney was forced to comply with Randy's greatest strength, then yes, your argument holds weight, but they didn't. We know what the result would be either way. If Randy fights James in a boxing match, James wins. If James competes against Randy in a wrestling match, Randy wins.

Now, if they compete in a contest where they can each do their own thing, then it's equal starting ground and Randy won.

Any other questions?
sounds like you'd support a world class soccer player going on the ice and playing hockey. You can wear shoes if you like on the ice. You wont be able to do much, but you're allowed. You can even head the puck to pass it. Virtually impossible to do, but you're allowed. This is the parallel to your argument that in MMA, you can do anything you want, so someone who has spent all their life learning a particular martial art, a very specific and targeted one at that, should be able to just defend all the other skills someone who has been trained in all of them.
macp1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #83
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Give JDS 3 month at training James Toney and Jimmy boy will be back down to 160 and challenging Benson Henderson
Hahahaha

Oh, and btw...OP made some good points there.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Just read this thread, quite funny, James23 is clearly dumb as a cross-eyed frog, everything he says is a rancid pile of manure.
****ed if I know how you come to this conclusion. I conclude the complete opposite - most of what he is countered with is just stupid word games. Anyone who actually trains would not get hung up in half the shit "debated".
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #85
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macp1 View Post
sounds like you'd support a world class soccer player going on the ice and playing hockey. You can wear shoes if you like on the ice. You wont be able to do much, but you're allowed. You can even head the puck to pass it. Virtually impossible to do, but you're allowed. This is the parallel to your argument that in MMA, you can do anything you want, so someone who has spent all their life learning a particular martial art, a very specific and targeted one at that, should be able to just defend all the other skills someone who has been trained in all of them.

You should read Nuke's and Peter's post's - they sum up the issue correctly.

Toney talked shit, got a fight he never deserved and got whipped. Karma's a bitch. End of.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #86
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
This is getting a bit stupid, so let me correct all you tards screaming that Randy should have to fight in a boxing match to "make it even".

MMA is an equal ground. You can do anything. You're not limited to singular skill sets. Toney, or any boxer, can use their boxing, but no one has to box with them. Just like Randy, or any wrestler, can use their wrestling, but you don't have to wrestle with them.

Do you see the difference yet?

If they had a wrestling match where Toney was forced to comply with Randy's greatest strength, then yes, your argument holds weight, but they didn't. We know what the result would be either way. If Randy fights James in a boxing match, James wins. If James competes against Randy in a wrestling match, Randy wins.

Now, if they compete in a contest where they can each do their own thing, then it's equal starting ground and Randy won.

Any other questions?
Randy had the advantage because they fought under MMA rules. A fare fight would be no rules at all (street fight)or a complete new set of rules to suite that particular bout. If Randy fought in the boxing ring using boxing rules, Toney would of had the advantage just the same as Randy had. To take one out of there element and have him compete in another with very little training, especially aganist a veteren is far from being equal.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #87
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Catharines Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 75
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
You should read Nuke's and Peter's post's - they sum up the issue correctly.

Toney talked shit, got a fight he never deserved and got whipped. Karma's a bitch. End of.
Toney was an idiot and shamed boxing. An idiot for asking for mma rules, and shamed boxing by being so shit.

I was just commenting on the idea that mma rules make it a fair fight, regardless of fighters, on the assumption that since boxing is a martial art and included in mma rules, they are on level ground to an extent. Kinda like my idea that put a soccer player in skates, and since he would be allowed to kick the puck, he can line up beside an elite hockey player on the ice.
macp1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #88
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Just read this thread, quite funny, James23 is clearly dumb as a cross-eyed frog, everything he says is a rancid pile of manure.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #89
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Fail.


MMA is a sport. Randy Couture is an MMA fighter.

Boxing is a sport. James Toney is a boxer.


Randy Couture and James Toney fought in an MMA fight under MMA rules.

100% advantage Couture.

I don't even like Toney, but what you say above is correct.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013