boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How do you rate Hendo's win over Fedor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Agreed, a real shame Fedor didn't spin round a second earlier and have a chance to recover and fight on. Was looking to be a classic.

It wouldn't have made a difference. Dean said that he made the decision to stop the fight when Fedor faceplanted. He was flash KO'd, and he woke up after Hendo started hitting him again. That's happened plenty of times in MMA, most notably in Liddell/Rampage 2. If you go out, the fight is over.
Thom is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pod View Post
Terrible post.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How many unanswered punches while a guy is on his stomach not moving are acceptable before the ref pulls them off? You had about 3 or 4 there. His body weight dropped him? **** outta here.

I feel like I need to go to the General Forum to take a break from this re****ation.
He took a couple punches and thats it. I have seen fighters take much worse beatings that Herb Dean has alowed to go on.

Many people don't understand that sometimes to get out of hold downs and other situations you have to first relax your body and then explode.

It was to early to say if Fedor was hurt or not and someone with Fedor's toughness should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

If you watch the video closly you will see that Henderson uses his body weight to collapse Fedor to the ground.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
He took a couple punches and thats it. I have seen fighters take much worse beatings that Herb Dean has alowed to go on.

Many people don't understand that sometimes to get out of hold downs and other situations you have to first relax your body and then explode.

It was to early to say if Fedor was hurt or not and someone with Fedor's toughness should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
The stoppage was 100% legit, he was out, Hendo woke him up....

Now Kitt sorry but one of your premise is BS

Size didn't had anything to do with either Werdum or Silva loss.

He got subbed within 2 min against Werdum, he though he hurt Werdum and got caught in a beautiful arm triangle. He made a big mistake when he got out of the first trianlge, he jumped right into Werdum guard again...he deserved to lose to Werdum, too ****y...

The Silva lost is the worst one IMO because Silva is a ****in can. His chin is soo ****in huge I still can't understand how he could have missed it...Oh yeah, that's right his striking was so ****in sloppy that my dead grand mother could have dodge it. When in the second round Silva timed the wild hook perfectly and took him down he deserved to get beat down like that.

The Hendo loss is the only one were I can say...well, anything can happen in MMA, **** happens. Props to Hendo to knock him out.

The other 2 losses are innacetpable for me and I wished he at least tried to avenge them...but not gonna happen. God killed Fedor. And I don't think Fedor is that past prime, his last fight against Rizzo proved that he is still fast and has precise striking ability. We havn't seen his ground game and TDD in his last 3 fight so...I can't say for his other ability.

And just to be sure...Fedor is my all time favorite fighter, my favorite fight are Fedor VS Big Nog 1 & 3 + Fedor VS CC
Size had nothing to do with the Bigfoot loss? Don't talk massive donkey *******s man.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think the moderators should step in and stop the fight for Big Red here, he's faceplanting again and again with his nightmare posts. Dude is incapable of simply looking at footage and understanding what he's seeing.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
I think the moderators should step in and stop the fight for Big Red here, he's faceplanting again and again with his nightmare posts. Dude is incapable of simply looking at footage and understanding what he's seeing.
I am sorry you feel that way, but I know exactly what I am talking about. I have nothing more to say on the topic anyhow, I have said my peace.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #22
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
I am sorry you feel that way, but I know exactly what I am talking about. I have nothing more to say on the topic anyhow, I have said my peace.
Yes you have and are clearly in denial. The gifs proove that Fedor looked like he just drank a case of beer when he got up.

Having man love for Fedor is one thing but it's obvious what happened but don't worry Fedor's loses don't count anyhow.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
Yes you have and are clearly in denial. The gifs proove that Fedor looked like he just drank a case of beer when he got up.

Having man love for Fedor is one thing but it's obvious what happened but don't worry Fedor's loses don't count anyhow.
He was a little buzzed, but it was not as bad as the slow motion makes it look.

Fedor would have had no problem tying up Henderson on the ground and he would have likely easily survived the rest of the round.

I am not even that big of fan of Fedor. I always just thought it was a bad stoppage.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #24
Rainman
Journeyman

Quote:
He was a little buzzed, but it was not as bad as the slow motion makes it look.

Fedor would have had no problem tying up Henderson on the ground and he would have likely easily survived the rest of the round.

I am not even that big of fan of Fedor. I always just thought it was a bad stoppage.
In Frye Vs Shamrock they got into an exchange and Ken ate one and seemed to go completely limp and fell onto his back with arms at his sides. Had the fight been stopped then and there I believe Ken would have probably stood up on wobbly legs the way Fedor did. It wasn't, Ken revived, held on, recovered sufficiently and eventually put Don in an ankle lock. I can see where you're coming from.
I think a case can be made both ways. I don't think it's the worst stoppage of all time but I also think Fedor could have recovered.
Rainman is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #25
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

But Fedor is NOT moving when Hendo slams the side of his skull with 2-3 vicious GnP head shots AFTER Fedor faceplants with his arms down by his sides????!

Has the world gone mad here?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Size had nothing to do with the Bigfoot loss? Don't talk massive donkey *******s man.

Didn't had anything to do with Silva size and I stand by what I've said.

your arguement is so easy, after Silva was on full guard on him how could Fedor could get from under an almost 300 pound opponent, I agree, but this fight shoudn't ever had come to the ground.

Fedor fought sloppy and he lost, didn't had anything to do with the size.

But you admit that Werdum size didn't have anything to do with the subb right ?
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Didn't had anything to do with Silva size and I stand by what I've said.

your arguement is so easy, after Silva was on full guard on him how could Fedor could get from under an almost 300 pound opponent, I agree, but this fight shoudn't ever had come to the ground.

Fedor fought sloppy and he lost, didn't had anything to do with the size.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

If somehow Hendo's punch had landed while both guys were standing, there would be no debate right now.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #29
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
If somehow Hendo's punch had somehow landed while both guys were standing, there would be no debate right now.
There should not be any debate right now anyway. Fedor was limp, arms by his side, his face against canvas, while Hendo smashed the side of his skull. 1000% fully justified and appropriate stoppage, indisputable.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Good stoppage. Agree with everything Flea said. The reversal was great to open up that shot. Still can't see how people can complain Hendo was going to keep hitting Fedor and he was clearly not there.
LHL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum