Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #136
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The what MMA Fights did you watch today/scorecard Thread

On that note

Randy v Timmeh

Clean sweep for Couture in probably the biggest come back win in MMA history. As Im sure you are all familiar with the fake leg kick and THAT straight right which felled Sylvia like an ancient Oak tree. And probably the biggest roar of a crowd ever heard in MMA

But it was really the double underhooks and underrated boxing fundamentals that won this fight. Randy constantly used his experience and Greco/Roman to take advantage of Sylvia's lack of speed & balance. I bet Tank Abbot has more balance in him after a case of beer...

But credit to Tim, he fought off Randy's sub attempts and did well in some of the stand up exchanges. But when you are out jabbed and out wrestled buy a 43 year old who is half your size, then maybe your status as the most derided fighter in MMA history is well deserved
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #137
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Cole Escovedo VS Urijah Faber

Ref is Rosenthal

For the WEC Bantam title

Round 1:

Big looping right hand from the top drop Escavedo and now he is stuck on the mat against the cage. Faber going for the heel hook and they trade some blow on the ground...Escavedo get on top and start pounding on Faber face, then he get up and take Escavedo down a get the top control. Nothing happening really for a while...Faber is using his elbow to cut and hit Escavedo, he is still pinned down on the fence. Escavedo throw some elbow from the ground to Faber and he reply with some G'n'P. Rosenthal is asking to see some work. Big G'n'P from Faber...Escavedo is trying for a triangle can,t get it...and the bell ring.

Faber is cut too...

10-9 Faber...there could be an argument for a 10-8...but I think Escavedo manage to land some good shot from the bottom.

Round 2.

The right hand land again after some kick exchange and Escavedo is droped. Faber gets on top and start controlling the top position and working on the G'n'P. Rosenthal is less patient this time he is already warning both fighter to work more. Faber start kick Escavedo on the ground then he jump for a big right hand and Escavedo is trying to catch him in a triangle once more. Escavedo bleed profusely and Faber is still working on the G'n'P and land some solid shot. After some L'n'P the bell rings.

10-8 Faber...Escavedo wasn't able to do anything...

And the fight is stopped before the third round begin. Faber win...Escavedo can't continu because of the cut on the top of his head !!!
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #138
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

PRIDE FC 24 Cold Fury III

Guy Mezger vs Rogério Nogueira "Minotouro"

R1
Good to see the days were Minotouro looked more to the ground game, where he is very skilled...
Guy showed that he was smart to escape of the danger there...
Cautious fight most of the time on the stand up. Later Guy get a good TD. And work there now without do any damage...
They are back on their feet again....and Nog misses a lot of punches.
Mezger with a good TD again now...

Hard to score this one.... I really don´t know, I would say [b]even, but Mezger had a yellow card against him....
10-9 Nog
R2

Great TD by Nog, Mezger is quicky on his feet again though...
Another TD by Mezger....but again he didn´t work too much on a good GnP, Lil Nog is doing a good job to defend it actually......
Mezger is on his feet again.....they miss some punches...and another TD by Mezger.
10-9 Mezger IMO

R3
Good knee by Lil Nog and some punches also later.
good sprawl by Mezger
Boring third round......Mezger on top now, just for a few seconds though.
Mezger landed two good punches.....10-9 Nog

Hard fight to score...2-1 Lil Nog IMO
I´ll watch the whole card later....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #139
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Cool. A Sticky Thanks Mankind !!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #140
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Btw I forgot to say something important too....AS is disliked by many fans of Palmeiras and São Paulo (brazilian football/soccer teams), because he is a fanatical Corinthians fan.....and can be weird to some hardcore fans support him while he is using a Corinthians t-shirt and talks about the team in the interviews, etc, you know.....
And yesterday Corinthians won the Libertadores, so.....
Alright, thanks. Wish the rematch could've continued longer too. Saw your post in the link you gave me aswell. To Silva's credit he is respectful after every fight and when he does give his best performances they're pretty epic. Don't really like the taunting he did against Maia either but his finishes against Belfort and Sonnen more than make up for that at least through my eyes. Great fighter Silva is though he seems kinda weird which is no problem.
techks is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #141
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
PRIDE FC 24 Cold Fury III

Guy Mezger vs Rogério Nogueira "Minotouro"
I watched this on the other night, good scrap as always from these two Nice sticky btw
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #142
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Frankie Edgar vs Spencer Fisher

R1 - 10-9 Edgar
R2- 10-9 Edgar
R3- 10-9 Edgar

Effective GnP by Edgar, not powerful, without damaging punches but extremely efficient , controling every action.....but tbh Fisher looked too easy as a target to the TDs....
Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #143
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Didn't watch any fight anytime soon but plan on getting Silva/Belfort, Machida/Jackson, and Jones/Evans dvds to study em. Maybe. At the least I'll do a short summary on Jones/Machida and/or Frankie/Benso next post I do if its not a reply.
techks is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #144
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Saw Jackson/Machida for the first time and it could've gone to either man depending how you scored the first.

Rd 1: Machida(close)- Machida has more activity via kicks but Jackson's blows were more impactful. You'll have an inner battle between damage and activity but I thought Machida was a tad more effective

Rd 2: Rampage(clear)- Thought he hurt Machida more and was able to do his best work inside with a few uppercuts. His blows were clearly more meaningful and he did more to win the rd. Knees to the body were his bread and butter and he was able to press Machida against the cage more thus commanding the standing grapples.

Rd 3: Machida(clear)- Not much happened early as they were still trying to figure out which range they should attack at. Rampage missing with wild hooks and as usual abandons kicks. Machida explodes and does the better work in a flurry and not too soon after is able to take him down to be in the dominate positions on the ground.

Wish the fight was longer as I was let down expecting it to go 5 rds but forgot 5 rds had 3 mins. Love both fighters and wish they're able to finish their careers on a high note. Fun fight imo and I still may get the dvd. Was worth watching to me as I'm a supporter of both.
techks is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #145
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Rampage vs Lyoto Machida

Round 1

What a close round !
Gave it to Rampage because I thought he landed the best punch of the round with a right uppercut while they were going out of the clinch.....

10-9 Rampage

Round 2

Two Knees to the body by LM during the round...and a great punch in the last seconds...
Jackson got a good TD.......That was it, basically.....
Close.
10-9 Machida

Round 3

Great combination by LM, finishing with some knees...pretty good......
Machida on top in the ground......half guard.....
In the Mount a bit seconds later !
Rampage defended a good armbar attempt by LM...
Clear 10-9 Lyoto

29-28 Lyoto IMO
Interesting techks, look at my scorecard above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Saw Jackson/Machida for the first time and it could've gone to either man depending how you scored the first.

Rd 1: Machida(close)- Machida has more activity via kicks but Jackson's blows were more impactful. You'll have an inner battle between damage and activity but I thought Machida was a tad more effective

Rd 2: Rampage(clear)- Thought he hurt Machida more and was able to do his best work inside with a few uppercuts. His blows were clearly more meaningful and he did more to win the rd. Knees to the body were his bread and butter and he was able to press Machida against the cage more thus commanding the standing grapples.

Rd 3: Machida(clear)- Not much happened early as they were still trying to figure out which range they should attack at. Rampage missing with wild hooks and as usual abandons kicks. Machida explodes and does the better work in a flurry and not too soon after is able to take him down to be in the dominate positions on the ground.

Wish the fight was longer as I was let down expecting it to go 5 rds but forgot 5 rds had 3 mins. Love both fighters and wish they're able to finish their careers on a high note. Fun fight imo and I still may get the dvd. Was worth watching to me as I'm a supporter of both.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #146
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I had the first for Jackson aswell, good post though techks, was just one of those swing rounds that ended up deciding the fight
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #147
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Randy Couture v Pedro Rizzo 1

1st- Randy. bossed the clinch as soon as the round started, ate a few straight left jabs on the way in but that was the only Pedro was able to mounts. Randy got the TD then brutalised Rizzo up against the cage opening a cut on his head with a flurry of elbows.

10-9 Randy

2nd - Pedro drops Couture in the opening exchange with possibly one of the hardest leg kicks Ive ever seen, or heard as the sound echoed around the arena as Randy flopped to his knees. randy tries to go for a leg whilst he's on the mat, but Pedro sprawls and the both hang out on the ground for a while until Pedro decides to stand back up.

Randy attempts two left leg kicks of his own, the lethargy in which they swing forward makes it clear how much damage Pedro did, and Randy shoots in but Pedro lowers his centre of gravity and pushes him back.

Randy presses forward, but eats a jab, another leg kick and a hard upper cut to his chin for his troubles which visibly stuns him as Pedro circles away. Randy attempts to shoot again but has not power in his lead leg to push forward and close the distance. Pedro pushes him back and Couture is prone on his knees on the mat as Pedro steps in with a huge swing with his right hand which misses it's mark by millimetres. Pedro backs away after a brief clinch on the ground

Randy has trouble getting back to his feet at this point, look very tired and almost out on his feet. Pedro now lands leg kicks at will, four or five very heavy shots followed up by combinations of punches and kicks, and knocks Randy down to his knees to close out the round

10-9 Pedro

3rd round Randy opens up off the bell with a straight right, then both men looking bloodied circle for a for the rest of the opening minute. Randy gets an underhook with his left and fires 3 quick uppercuts which all find their mark and shoots for the double as Pedro back up. Rizzo sprawls well and gets back to his feet.

Randy, even though he's on the mat relentlessly presses forward trying to grab a hold of Pedros leg but to no avail as Pedro walks away and Big John orders Randy back to his feet Randy shoots for another failed TD attempt & Rizzo swings a hard kick seemingly aimed for the body whilst Randy is still on his knees, Couture complains and Big John warns Rizzo no kicks to the head.

McCarthy calls time and Randy hobbles over to Dan Henderson in his corner so that the Doctors can see to the blood that is stemming from his nose

Action is restarted on the feet and Randy finally gets the single leg and winds up in Rizzo's guard. Rizzo ties up Randy with double underhooks and wraps his legs round to control his posture and whilst both men are neutralised. They seemingly in tandem take a few very deep breaths Randy works his arms free but is unable to mount a serious offense barring a few punches which dont connect. This turns into a battle of control as Pedro grabs Randys wrists and the only serious offence Randy is able to mount is a half hearted tap to the forehead of Rizzo. But he control the majority of the round

10-9 Randy

4th-Cautios opening 30 seconds from both then Randy steps in with a straight right but eats a heavy left counter. Couture pushes forward tagged Rizzo with another right and initiates the clinch. Randy throws 3 unanswered uppercuts as Rizzo answers with knees. Randy picks up the pace and keeps finding a home for that right hand as Pedro cant pummel out. Clinch is broken and Randy eats two heavy rights as he presses forward for the clinch. Randy keeps pressing forward for the TD but keeps eating heavy punches from Rizzo for his troubles as Pedro backs away. 3 minute mark and Pedro lwg kicks then sprawls against the on coming Couture and the both end up in a familiar position of Randy face down on his knees and Pedro on top. Pedro lands a few light strikes then gets back to his feet. Randy fires a leg kick, Pedro replies with a thud AGAIN Randy eats a punch as he goes for the TD but this time he gets it and lands in Side control. Randy lands a few weak punches and ends up in Rizzos guard when Pedro tries to sweep back to his feet. He lands a few more weak punches to close out the round 10-9 Randy 5th - Rizzo moves forward now but Randy slips his punches well with Rizzo on grazing him with a left. Rizzo throws a leg kick, Randy shoots for unders but Rizzo pushes him off Now it's Randys turn to press forward. He connects with a leg kick, fires a few punches and shoots for a leg as Rizzo backs up. They end up in north south both facing the mat AGAIN as Rizzo sprawls Rizzo gets up and takes the centre of the cage, both are cautions. Randy misses widely with a haymaker right. Rizzo connects with a leg kick. Randy punches and shoots, guess what position they end up in...Rizzo decides to take a breather and throws a few punches which bloody up Randy Back to the feet now, circle for a while, Randy shoots and misses. Both are circling, looking exhausted with a minute left. Pedro connects with a leg kick, Randy presses forward, Rizzo punches and circles away. 30 sec left and Rizzo connects again with a stiff jab as Randy presses forward as Rizzo fresher footwork dictates the range. Rizzo connects with a HEAVY leg kick again and Randy buckles to the mat and finishes the last 5 seconds raining punches at a defenseless Couture 10-9 Rizzo 3-2 to Randy. Pedro won his rounds more clearly and did more damage, but couldnt handle Randy's wrestling when he got him down. Good fight

Last edited by Stoo; 08-18-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #148
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Just watching UFC 150 now.....missed it last weekend.
Some boring fights but Cerrone vs Guillard was great, awesome knockout !

Also, I hate Jake Shields !! Can´t stand his fights !

Hendo vs Edgar II next.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #149
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Henderson vs Edgar II

1- 10-9 Hendo
2- 10-9 Edgar
3- 10-9 Edgar