Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
zishan

vCash: 500
Default Need help creating a camp!

Hey guys, I have my first bout coming up on the 10th of november. I'm trying to make a 6-8 week training camp! I was hoping someone can give me sort of a plan? Perhaps like how often should I do my cardio 3 times a week (i was thinking 40 minutes of rope, run a mile, and long distance?) Lets say were near the last 2 of camp should I decrease my cardio or increase it? I train mon,wed,fri. On those days I spar and do the other various tasks! Also, I dont have lose to weight for camp I tend to have a high metaloblism! I dont know if you guys heard about the GSP rushfit program would that be good? Thanks alot!
zishan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
SchweitzerMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1423
Default Re: Need help creating a camp!

Don't you have a trainer who could answer these questions for you a lot easier than we could?
SchweitzerMan is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

how long is it 3x2mins?
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
zishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
how long is it 3x2mins?
yes!
zishan is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
zishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchweitzerMan View Post
Don't you have a trainer who could answer these questions for you a lot easier than we could?
Yeah I was going to go ask, but I was hoping to see some pros or someones else camp as well!
zishan is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
deadhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 550

I have my first fight coming up in november as well, what are you looking to do? do you gas easily when you spar? My biggest problem is completely gassing on the 3rd round to where i'm just eating shots left and right and not doing anything about it! My trainer told me to do sprints at the end of my jog (2 miles) I usually sprint for the last minute of my runs, and it has helped a bunch. I'm going to start a camp a month before the fight, I don't want to peak to early.

I also just do sprints on certain days, before that I was just doing 2-3 miles at a time. I'm no trainer, infact you're probably more experienced then me, I've only been boxing since late april. but I hope it helps!
deadhead is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

I'll just give you advice that I got from people before my fight if someone with a bit moer knowledge comes on they'd be more help. Basically cos of the length theres no point getting too bogged down in lots of cardio. Do one long slow run a week 45mins-1hour.

Due to the length its more important to do high intensity anaerobic work so add a sprint session into your week and possibly two if it doesn't take too much away from your boxing which should always be the priority of course. Everything else should supplement your boxing. Try to recreate the work:rest ratio in your sprinting so sprint for 30seconds, 15 seconds walk x3 that sort of thing.

You might want to add a conditioning circuit burpees/press ups/ tuck jumps etc. to the end of one of your work outs if you don't do so already. No point getting overly worried now you've got a long way to go.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #8
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
I'll just give you advice that I got from people before my fight if someone with a bit moer knowledge comes on they'd be more help. Basically cos of the length theres no point getting too bogged down in lots of cardio. Do one long slow run a week 45mins-1hour.

Due to the length its more important to do high intensity anaerobic work so add a sprint session into your week and possibly two if it doesn't take too much away from your boxing which should always be the priority of course. Everything else should supplement your boxing. Try to recreate the work:rest ratio in your sprinting so sprint for 30seconds, 15 seconds walk x3 that sort of thing.

You might want to add a conditioning circuit burpees/press ups/ tuck jumps etc. to the end of one of your work outs if you don't do so already. No point getting overly worried now you've got a long way to go.
Coming up to my fights, the 6 weeks before were taken in fortnightly blocks, training 3 times per week with my trainer.

On the off days, doing 2 mile road runs at good pace. With trainer technique and strength/endurance training. The next two weeks is sprints only, and focus on technique via pads and sparring. The last two weeks, light runs with occasional sprint, sparring plenty of times until the last week and then just taking it easy the last week, doing very little.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
zishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Coming up to my fights, the 6 weeks before were taken in fortnightly blocks, training 3 times per week with my trainer.

On the off days, doing 2 mile road runs at good pace. With trainer technique and strength/endurance training. The next two weeks is sprints only, and focus on technique via pads and sparring. The last two weeks, light runs with occasional sprint, sparring plenty of times until the last week and then just taking it easy the last week, doing very little.
this really helps me understand what i should be doing!
zishan is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
zishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
I have my first fight coming up in november as well, what are you looking to do? do you gas easily when you spar? My biggest problem is completely gassing on the 3rd round to where i'm just eating shots left and right and not doing anything about it! My trainer told me to do sprints at the end of my jog (2 miles) I usually sprint for the last minute of my runs, and it has helped a bunch. I'm going to start a camp a month before the fight, I don't want to peak to early.

I also just do sprints on certain days, before that I was just doing 2-3 miles at a time. I'm no trainer, infact you're probably more experienced then me, I've only been boxing since late april. but I hope it helps!
ahaha i have the same problem sometimes, but its more so that my arms get tried before i gas out! i got a plan ill show you that really helped me!
zishan is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
zishan

Quote:

Thanks this does help a lot.

So from reading this is what I've made
Monday: Sparring/training

Tuesday: cardio (run a mile 3 weeks of camp 8:30, mid 3 weeks 8 mins, last 2 weeks under 8 mins) and core I've been doing these for abs and there great! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOHLPlLwTiM[/ame]

Wednesday:Sparring/training

Thursday: Everlast circuit and abs again
30 seconds each exercise 1 min rest per circuit
ropes
jumping jacks
burpees
ropes
hill climbers
squat jumps
ropes
knee highs
shadow box

Friday:sparring/training

Sat or sun: Long distance running near the 5th week till the end on these days ill add the ab workout
so this is my plan for so far!
zishan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing