Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. 107 50.95%
Roberto "Manos De Piedra" Duran 103 49.05%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #121
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd or Duran - Most skilled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leone25 View Post
More skilled: Floyd
Bigger balls: Duran
Duran fighting everyone I'll say you can say he has a bigger pair,now being in the ring,handling adversity and not folding,Floyd has bigger balls and has proven that...
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #122
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

as if floyds competition is even on the same planet. stop trolling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWiseJester View Post
Duran fighting everyone I'll say you can say he has a bigger pair,now being in the ring,handling adversity and not folding,Floyd has bigger balls and has proven that...
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #123
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
duran has fought everyone of his great contemporaries even if he was outsized. floyd did not even fight the lone ATG contemporary in pacquiao and floyd is naturally bigger than him.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #124
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Yeah because I'm not afraid to state the truth.. Duran discredited himself,I'm not a fighter who quit when not hurt,because they mentally collapsed,be mad at him not me..
You said the fight ended in the 7th... it ended in the 8th... fair enough, thats not a major mistake, I could have let that go.... THEN you said it was for the WBC super-middleweight title... it was for the welterweight title you donkey, you weren`t even close with the weight.... this tells me exactly what I already knew, that you know nothing about Duran or Leonard or any of the fighters of the era.

You shouldn`t be commenting if you don`t know for sure.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #125
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
floyd isnt a better counter puncher than duran
You're outta your mind. Pbf is one of the best counter punchers in history. Duran could counter but not better than pbf.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #126
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who did Floyd Counter? Roberto was a better boxer, and counterpuncher especilly at lightweight. Did everything better man. The fact that Floyd is leading in the polls says a lot about the dickhuggery on this site. That shoulder roll an right hand shit wouldnt have done dick against Duran.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #127
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Who did Floyd Counter? Roberto was a better boxer, and counterpuncher especilly at lightweight. Did everything better man. The fact that Floyd is leading in the polls says a lot about the dickhuggery on this site. That shoulder roll an right hand shit wouldnt have done dick against Duran.
Duran did everything better then Floyd.
Midwest_Chopper is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #128
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Sure did. An he would have cut through floyds opposition much easier you can bet that much. Imagine Duran fighting once or twice every few years against todays opposition. Thats the funny part
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_Chopper View Post
Duran did everything better then Floyd.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #129
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
duran has fought everyone of his great contemporaries even if he was outsized. floyd did not even fight the lone ATG contemporary in pacquiao and floyd is naturally bigger than him.
Nobodies talking about the man who lost his last 2 fights.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #130
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I think the main reason Floyd can lead in this poll is because most of the posters are too young to know about Duran and have not seen many fights from his great career. As a lightweight, he was an amazing fighter. It wasn't until near the end of his long career he amassed his losses fighting guys that were natural middleweights and super middleweights while he was a blown up welterweight at best.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #131
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Floyd or Duran - Most skilled?

Quote:
Sure did. An he would have cut through floyds opposition much easier you can bet that much. Imagine Duran fighting once or twice every few years against todays opposition. Thats the funny part
Being a better fighter does not make you more skilled. Like sayinga prime Shane Mosley is more skilled then Mayweather because he would have been favored against most Mayweathers opponents by knockout.

Duran was a great offensive fighter, with a good defense. Mayweather is a great defensive fighter with a good offense.

Duran like Mayweather had his limitations. We all saw how Benitez, Leonard and Hearns completely sonned his ass. Even losing to Robet Sims and Kirkland Laing.

Great great fighter. Not without his limitation. There was only one god boxer and that was Sugar Ray Robinson.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #132
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm 26 they must be 15. They think the philly shell is the only and hardest defense to master. Floyd uses it on this eras mediocre competition because he can. Duran would, slip, parry, an weave through punches as good as anyone in history. An did it against better fighters his whole career. There is more to defense than fighting off the back foot in philly shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo2176 View Post
I think the main reason Floyd can lead in this poll is because most of the posters are too young to know about Duran and have not seen many fights from his great career. As a lightweight, he was an amazing fighter. It wasn't until near the end of his long career he amassed his losses fighting guys that were natural middleweights and super middleweights while he was a blown up welterweight at best.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #133
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hes a better all around fighter like I said an i'm not talking just offense. You think Mayweather wouldnt have losses if he fought agianst Durans Level of opposition an frequency? I'd done. Even floyds own uncle would agree with me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_Chopper View Post
Being a better fighter does not make you more skilled. Like sayinga prime Shane Mosley is more skilled then Mayweather because he would have been favored against most Mayweathers opponents by knockout.

Duran was a great offensive fighter, with a good defense. Mayweather is a great defensive fighter with a good offense.

Duran like Mayweather had his limitations. We all saw how Benitez, Leonard and Hearns completely sonned his ass. Even losing to Robet Sims and Kirkland Laing.

Great great fighter. Not without his limitation. There was only one god boxer and that was Sugar Ray Robinson.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #134
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Hes a better all around fighter like I said an i'm not talking just offense. You think Mayweather wouldnt have losses if he fought agianst Durans Level of opposition an frequency? I'd done. Even floyds own uncle would agree with me
Hed have the same losses, probably excluding Durans win over Leonard. Mayweather however doesnt lose to De Jesus, Laing or Sims. And I give Mayweather an outside shot against Benitez.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #135
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Did everything better next you'll be saying he had better defense and was faster. Come on man. Duran is the most overrated boxer on ESB. People look up to him like a God like Erik Morales and think he walks on water. Duran was no way in hell a better counter puncher than Floyd was only a fool or a deluded nuthugger would make that statement.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum