Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816
Default Re: What fighters styles don't you like.

Derrick Gainer
John Ruiz

****'em both.
turbotime is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
Meazy-E
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I will fall asleep during a Klitschko fight. I'm not a huge fan of Paquiao either, but that is partially Lampley's fault. Pac throw an annoying amount of straights, and Lampley makes sure we know whenever on is thrown. Aydin pisses me off when he refuses to jab and throw body shots early.
Meazy-E is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollack View Post
Fighters that run, grab, don't punch much, don't punch with power, and look for the referee to save them or moan and complain when the attacker who is trying to fight mauls them when held.
Basically Amir Khan then, which is good you mentioned those traits, because I absolutely hate Amir Khan.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

I'll throw in Bernard Hopkins, Great fighter but man is he boring an frustrating to watch at times
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

I'm the opposite of some of the earlier posters. I can't stand fighters who rely on power and are constantly aggressive. I like a complete fighter who can box at long range, fights inside, throws good combinations, has fast hands, moves, counter-punches and is technically tidy with a decent defense.

Holmes, Hopkins, Whitaker, Hagler, Curry, Toney, Marquez, Barrera, Holyfield, Lewis, Sanchez, Hearns, Lopez, Robinson, Duran, McCallum.

I don't like Joe Frazier, bores me to death. Foreman, technically clumsy and not that fast. Tyson, too aggressive for me. Chavez, technically good but too aggressive. Trinidad, as 90% he throws is power. Mayorga, too wild and erratic. Benn, too aggressive.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #21
superman1692
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
I'm the opposite of some of the earlier posters. I can't stand fighters who rely on power and are constantly aggressive. I like a complete fighter who can box at long range, fights inside, throws good combinations, has fast hands, moves, counter-punches and is technically tidy with a decent defense.

Holmes, Hopkins, Whitaker, Hagler, Curry, Toney, Marquez, Barrera, Holyfield, Lewis, Sanchez, Hearns, Lopez, Robinson, Duran, McCallum.

I don't like Joe Frazier, bores me to death. Foreman, technically clumsy and not that fast. Tyson, too aggressive for me. Chavez, technically good but too aggressive. Trinidad, as 90% he throws is power. Mayorga, too wild and erratic. Benn, too aggressive.
Joe Frazier bores you?? You don't like fighters (in a ****ing combat sport no less) being aggressive?? WTF???
superman1692 is online now  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #22
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:

turbotime is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Eh, so Robbi likes boxers; no crime.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #24
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman1692 View Post
Joe Frazier bores you?? You don't like fighters (in a ****ing combat sport no less) being aggressive?? WTF???
Yes......Constantly comes forward, bobbing and weaving, mainly throwing the left hook. His style does nothing for me.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #25
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:

I can understand your opinion and completely get it....as I don't like Foreman or Mayorga's styles like that either but your inclusion of not being too keen on Chavez and Trinidad styles is puzzling cause Trinidad pre 1998 or so was a boxer puncher type as well as Chavez.

As for Whitaker he wasn't a complete fighter in my view,great all time boxer but didn't have the ability to really switch it up and fight in close range unless it was against a soft touch like Harold Brazier.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
I can understand your opinion and completely get it....as I don't like Foreman or Mayorga's styles like that either but your inclusion of not being too keen on Chavez and Trinidad styles is puzzling cause Trinidad pre 1998 or so was a boxer puncher type as well as Chavez.
Nah, Trinidad was never a boxer. He'd throw the odd jab to meaure up his power punches, but was always mainly a puncher. Chavez, I like his technique. And I suppose he could box a bit too. But again, at his best, a grind you down type who applied pressure.

Quote:
As for Whitaker he wasn't a complete fighter in my view,great all time boxer but didn't have the ability to really switch it up and fight in close range unless it was against a soft touch like Harold Brazier.
He fought Chavez in close and got the better of him too. And while he was better at long range, he was very comfortable at close range. He was more of a matador, yes.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #27
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Me personally I like boxer punchers, guys who can box when need be or slug it out when need be or do both simultaneously, and who are fluid with their punches and don't seem tight or sluggish and have power.

I'm not a fan of guys who can only punch and come forward like George Foreman, Azumah Nelson, Kostya Tszyu,Earnie Shavers.

I'm also not a fan of guys who mainly just box like Whitaker, Ivan Calderon, Wilfred Benitez, Wlad Klitschko.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:

What the **** was Pea doing against Chavez you spastic?!?!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 21502

K.Wajima.
A.Abraham
Pedroza
Pazienza
Malignagi
EM Muhamad
Paddy Demarco
A.Dirrell
Most heavies.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Why don't you like Pedroza, bladerunner? Too dirty?
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum