Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #196
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Chronological IB RBR threads archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I've had more people requesting that I make this a sticky, which is now actually within my power to do...

Do it IB, we need more sticky threads on the general anyway....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #197
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 141

While I understand your hesitation, and appreciate your desire to avoid appearing conceited, having easy access to a thread like this would be invaluable.

As a possible work-around, maybe just change the title to "Chronolocgical RBR" without mention of your name, specifically; and include a section devoted to RPR threads created by the likes of DemoltionDan, Samurai, Bama, (and maybe even my one sorry attempt at doing an RBR thread )? While that would be a lot of work, it would ensure that this was a collective effort (which RBR threads tends to be in any event).

Optionally, you can just keep doing it this way. We'll read 'em regardless of your choice.
Drew101 is online now  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #198
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Some mod kept editing the "IB" portion from the title, repeatedly like a hundred times, and I kept changing back, in a quiet neverending struggle...until very recently.

Of course I say "some mod" when it's pretty much a no-brainer that it was a certain recently excised female moderator who held a mutual loathing for me...

So if for no other reason than as a monument to the spirit of persistence and an eternal to that person, I'm leaving that bit in.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #199
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
This is something else that has been suggested by numerous others, and it's a sound idea but a huge undertaking. I was far more gung-ho about tackling this project before the infant entered the picture.

Maybe when he's off to college there will be time for me to set about all that copying & pasting. (assuming there are no more epic crashes in the next two decades..)
Maybe we should organize a huge "ESB homework" and ask every ESBer to copy/paste at least one of those threads ...

Because yeah, I really pity the one who does the whole thing by himself.
Tyler-Durden is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #200
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

Quote:
This is something else that has been suggested by numerous others, and it's a sound idea but a huge undertaking. I was far more gung-ho about tackling this project before the infant entered the picture.

Maybe when he's off to college there will be time for me to set about all that copying & pasting. (assuming there are no more epic crashes in the next two decades..)
If you want, I could put your RBR's on the site I created. A bit like my breakdowns and what not.
DemolitionDan is online now  Top
Old 08-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #201
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDan View Post
If you want, I could put your RBR's on the site I created. A bit like my breakdowns and what not.
Shit, that would be awesome.

Bear in mind, though - there are 542 threads to date...figure on an average of about 3-4 bouts per televised broadcast (running the gamut from one-and-done HBO WCB telecasts to PPV to sprawling 5-hour Euro spectaculars) that's like a couple thousand matches...meaning tens of thousands of individual round posts to highlight/ctrl+c/ctrl+v...

That's not even to mention the time-consuming process of sifting through the many replies generated in each thread that aren't round reports to get at them...

Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #202
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

Quote:
Shit, that would be awesome.

Bear in mind, though - there are 542 threads to date...figure on an average of about 3-4 bouts per televised broadcast (running the gamut from one-and-done HBO WCB telecasts to PPV to sprawling 5-hour Euro spectaculars) that's like a couple thousand matches...meaning tens of thousands of individual round posts to highlight/ctrl+c/ctrl+v...

That's not even to mention the time-consuming process of sifting through the many replies generated in each thread that aren't round reports to get at them...

Yeah, I probably won't be able to get it all in at once. May'be a couple of fights here and there every once in awhile. The bigger fights that get thousands of replies, those won't be too bad. I'll just cut those out and just use that feature to get your posts only. So, that won't be too bad, just a lot of fights to get to....and I'll probably have to use up a few sections of the website just for the RBRs. Just to make it user friendly and what not.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #203
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah, I probably won't be able to get it all in at once. May'be a couple of fights here and there every once in awhile. The bigger fights that get thousands of replies, those won't be too bad. I'll just cut those out and just use that feature to get your posts only. So, that won't be too bad, just a lot of fights to get to....and I'll probably have to use up a few sections of the website just for the RBRs. Just to make it user friendly and what not.
That is probably wiser than what I had in mind, which was a massive ever-expanding Microsoft Word document.

What if it got halfway and my laptop went kaput?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

External storage is an option of course, yeah, but I'd still be paranoid about something happening. Hurricanes or something.

At least online it's got a semblance of permanence...unless your host dicks you over.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #204
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

Quote:
That is probably wiser than what I had in mind, which was a massive ever-expanding Microsoft Word document.

What if it got halfway and my laptop went kaput?

External storage is an option of course, yeah, but I'd still be paranoid about something happening. Hurricanes or something.

At least online it's got a semblance of permanence...unless your host dicks you over.
Yeah, exactly, that's sort of why I wanted to create a little online website. A nice little home for my breakdowns and a nice little tribute to Kirk's thread.

Of course, I hadn't thought about the weebly website pulling the plug. That would suck, now, wouldn't it?
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #205
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah, exactly, that's sort of why I wanted to create a little online website. A nice little home for my breakdowns and a nice little tribute to Kirk's thread.

Of course, I hadn't thought about the weebly website pulling the plug. That would suck, now, wouldn't it?

Just mind your monthly dues.

...and don't post any content that's liable to get them sued. I'm afraid that section you wanted to include illustrating your views on the Israeli-Palestinian situation will have to be left out for the greater good.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #206
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

All right, so this is a little outline on what it would look like:

Eh, so, what do you think?

Heck, that one fight takes up a lot of room on that one tab. Hmm, I mean, I'll put a few more fights on it, just to see what it looks like, but I'll probably ended up using a ton of tabs.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #207
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
All right, so this is a little outline on what it would look like:

Eh, so, what do you think?
That is awesome.

Mainly because it magically happened without me lifting a finger...

Also, nice clean simple & professional look.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #208
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

Quote:
Just mind your monthly dues.

...and don't post any content that's liable to get them sued. I'm afraid that section you wanted to include illustrating your views on the Israeli-Palestinian situation will have to be left out for the greater good.
Yeah, that's all good. It's a free site.

Yeah, that's okay, I'm making a 1,000 page book on my views on that. It shall rock the world.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #209
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 67070

Wow thats a lot of coverage! You are a true fan IB.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #210
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3208

the "stickies" are getting better and better on this site...

Stickied to the man IB!
Robney is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum