Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #91
Bonecrusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 136
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Always been a Hearns guy followed very closely by Hagler...
Bonecrusher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #92
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Holmes and Hagler came from the same cloth. Two blue-collared fighters who had no Olympic gold medal and fought for peanuts on undercards early in their careers. Both champions for 7 years. And when they were defeated, they never accepted it.

In my opinion, Hagler and Holmes, were clearly beaten when they lost their titles. Close but clear.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #93
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Holmes and Hagler came from the same cloth. Two blue-collared fighters who had no Olympic gold medal and fought for peanuts on undercards early in their careers. Both champions for 7 years. And when they were defeated, they never accepted it.

In my opinion, Hagler and Holmes, were clearly beaten when they lost their titles. Close but clear.
I think Hagler probably should have retained his title with a draw. Never feels really right that a title should change hands in such a close fight. An immediate rematch should always be offered, though.
Bokaj is online now  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #94
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Thats just it..Haglar never faught again..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #95
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
I think Hagler probably should have retained his title with a draw. Never feels really right that a title should change hands in such a close fight. An immediate rematch should always be offered, though.
It feels right to me. If its by a large margin or a small margin, so be it. Judges can't change their scores at the end of the fight if the challenger happens to win by lets say.....1 point on 2 cards and 2 points on the other.

Close fights happen. It's just the way some fights are.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #96
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

@Robbi...Who do you believe really won the fight?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #97
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
@Robbi...Who do you believe really won the fight?
Look above.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #98
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

@Robbi...sorry dude
Old 08-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #99
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

@Robbi..close and clear indded
Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #100
CassiusClayAli
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hearns was the one who made the decade since he was different than the others. He had a great punch and made the fights exciting and was the equation. Without him Duran,Leonard and Hagler and Benitez would have been Delahoya and Tito and all that.
CassiusClayAli is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #101
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiusClayAli View Post
Hearns was the one who made the decade since he was different than the others. He had a great punch and made the fights exciting and was the equation. Without him Duran,Leonard and Hagler and Benitez would have been Delahoya and Tito and all that.
Thats a bold statement my man!...Considering both Leonard and Haglar beat him...What Hearns did to Duran, well lets just say Roberto doesnt remember that fight...And Benitez has no sway in this conversation
Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #102
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

@Cassius..What do you base this on?...If you havent noticed not too many people put Hearns #1 in the fab four...Dont get me wrong hes my personal fav outa the bunch..But to say eonard or Haglar wouldnt have had a career without him is just stinkin thinkin my man...
Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #103
beefman180
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hearns. I'm a sucker for Boxer/Punchers and fighters with great jabs and well...that was Hearns in a nutshell.

Hagler close second, I like Leonard and Duran about equally.
beefman180 is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #104
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

@Beefman..I got Duran and Leonard at about equals too..
Old 08-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #105
Rexrapper 1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 499

I have to go with Leonard followed closely by Duran. Leonard had it all. He could fight off the back foot, fight toe to toe, fight on the inside, etc.
Rexrapper 1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum