Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #106
CassiusClayAli
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
@Cassius..What do you base this on?...If you havent noticed not too many people put Hearns #1 in the fab four...Dont get me wrong hes my personal fav outa the bunch..But to say eonard or Haglar wouldnt have had a career without him is just stinkin thinkin my man...
the excitement. He was the one who knocked down and hurt all of them and sometimes he put his chin out there when he was punching. And Benitez is in the equation since he was another great as was Cuevas. Each of these men are needed for a great fab four, but Hearns is probably the most needed for the decade to be as exciting as it was. It was either knock the other guy out or get knocked out and he always tested his opponents chin. These 4 guys are lucky they had each other that is for sure otherwise they would just be another Delahoya/Tito/Shane which another group will come around like that soon enough.
CassiusClayAli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #107
CassiusClayAli
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexrapper 1 View Post
I have to go with Leonard followed closely by Duran. Leonard had it all. He could fight off the back foot, fight toe to toe, fight on the inside, etc.
Duran is great but he lost to all of them and he lost badly!! Benitez who is not part of this discussion outclassed Roberto Duran.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #108
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Hagler
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #109
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Duran. Hard to pick between Tommy and Marv' for second place but Leonard would definitely be last.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #110
DKD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 670

I love them all, it was the era when I first got into boxing.

Hearns vs Duran was my introduction to boxing. At 13 years of age I'd never seen anything quite like it and Thomas Hearns has been my favorite fighter ever since.

However over the years I also came to appreciate Duran to the point where I reckon Duran is the most natural and complete fighter I ever saw and probably the greatest boxer of the last thirty years or so.

Much as I like Leonard and Hagler, Its Hearns and Duran for me.
DKD is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #111
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Well said DKD....Hearns and Duran were the shit...And you may be right about Duran...the most complete boxer/fighter weve seen in our lifetime
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #112
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Duran. Hard to pick between Tommy and Marv' for second place but Leonard would definitely be last.
I put him last as well, I just cant help it
Old 08-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #113
CassiusClayAli
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hard to say who was the best. Hearns was my favorite
Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #114
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Its almost impossible to pick which one was the best...But I didnt realize what a non fan favorite Leonard was till this thread...Im surprised!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #115
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Its almost impossible to pick which one was the best...But I didnt realize what a non fan favorite Leonard was till this thread...Im surprised!
Imagine then if he'd won his only undisputed title by hitting a guy in the nuts, and then never given him a rematch...
Bokaj is online now  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #116
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru

Duran
Leonard
Hearns
Hagler

Hard not to be a fan of all 4, but that's the order for now. Brilliant fighters in every sense.
the cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #117
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cobra View Post
Duran
Leonard
Hearns
Hagler

Hard not to be a fan of all 4, but that's the order for now. Brilliant fighters in every sense.
That is the order I would place them as well.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #118
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
That is the order I would place them as well.
Awesome people think alike, man.
the cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #119
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

My favorite?
Hearns
Hagler
Leonard
Duran I do agree with what someone said earlier. If you eliminate one of these guys the era is not that great. They needed all 4 and Benitez for this era to be the way it was. It was special for sure. I think it was because each guy had a certain ego and confidence and personality all thier own.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #120
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Leonard....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum