Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #121
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Leonard....
Your one of a few my man...Good for you...Why do you pick Leonard/
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #122
FCB

Default Re: Of the 80's Fab four, Duran, Hearns. Hagler and Leonard..Which is your favorite!?

Thomas Hearns
FCB is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #123
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Your one of a few my man...Good for you...Why do you pick Leonard/
I love Duran too......I donīt know why I pick Leonard, probably because he was one of the first Classic fighters I enjoyed when I started to watch the fighters from the past.......
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #124
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
I love Duran too......I donīt know why I pick Leonard, probably because he was one of the first Classic fighters I enjoyed when I started to watch the fighters from the past.......
So he's just a personal favorite.....I got no beef with Sugar
Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #125
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Duran vs Hearns in HD
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #126
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

I was told by a close friend on hear..That Hearns broke his hand in the 1st round of the Haglar fight..But he told him not to stop the fight and to tell nobody. But just a few tears after Hearns last fight Tommy finally admitted it and said that was the hardest he'd ever been in his entire career and he really has no memory of that fight..Amazing!,,
Old 08-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #127
Gesta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky42791 View Post
aww man, lets see

Duran-is definitely my favorite, immaculate as a lightweight with his only loss (dejesus) being avenged twice by KO. Comes up to welter beats an undefeated young, ****y Ray Leonard. Brutalized Davey Moore after people were sure his career was over. First of Hagler's title defenses to take him the full 15 in a very very close fight for the middleweight title. Has another resurrection against a ferocious young tough Iran Barkley fresh off of a devastating knockout of Thomas Hearns. Won a split decision and dropped Barkley in the fight. Fought from 68-01. The definition of Machismo. Manos de Piedra hands of stone!

Hagler was a badass with an iron chin,power,will. He was very tough tough rugged guy. I loved how intense he was with his war hats and "going to jail" during training. He's really one of a kind. I love how he realized he cant let fights go in the hands of the judges after the first antuofermo fight. He was stoic, he didnt talk much. He talked with his fists in the ring.

Sugar Ray-I respect sugar ray and enjoy watching his fights very much. He could do it all. Speed, power, combinations, movement you name it he was very well rounded and could punch. However his charisma and bravado kind of turn me off. Being as Duran is my #1 its hard to love sugar ray. But goddamnit I respect the man! He's just kind of too flashy/cute for me. I do like it when he punched though.

Tommy Hearns- Tommy Hearns comes last on my list but that doesn't mean I dont like Tommy. His fights were always exiting win lose or draw. His straight right was a Weapon of Mass DESTRUCTION. I've never seen anyone with that build and that weight punch like he did. Tommy was a little chinny and i tend to prefer durable fighters but, this did add to the exitement of his fights. He damn near killed Duran who had an Iron Jaw.

I am sure that Tyson will tell his kids that if they are miss behave Roberto Duran will get them.

Hagler was one of the ultimate origanal weight divisions ultra ,super, uber champs. fought great fighters to work his way up the division, many thought that he should of been the champ before he got his shot, finaly got his shot than was robbed, year later went across the world to fight the champ in his back yard, with a very hostile crowd, KO'd the champ then the first fight he want is vs the guy he was robbed against, ko'd him then started koing all the top contenders so every one knew who the MV champ was. What every boxing champ should be like.
Gesta is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #128
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

They needed all 4 and Benitez for this era to be the way it was. It was special for sure. I think it was because each guy had a certain ego and confidence and personality all thier own.[/quote]

I doubt we'll ever get a perfect storm such as this again

Duran was the nucleus! 1st man IN & Last man STANDING
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #129
RockyJim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Being from Massachusetts...it's Hagler...with Tommy Hearns # 2...
RockyJim is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #130
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Alot of people puttin Hearns at the top..A badass and a fan favorite!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #131
slash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hagler
slash is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #132
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

RockyJim...you must have loved the Haglar vs Hearns fight!....
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #133
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

1) Duran
2) Hagler
3) Hearns
4) Leonard
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #134
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Yet another true fight fan puttin Leonard last...
Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #135
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Yet another true fight fan puttin Leonard last...
Don't get me wrong, I liked all four of them a lot. I certainly don't dislike Leonard at all. He's just competing with 2 of my 10 favorites ever in Duran and Hagler, and Hearns kind of floats around the top 15. Leonard is inside my top 20 favorites though.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum