Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #31
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,738
vCash: 500
Default Re: Any news on who Paul McCloskey is fighting on Sept. 22nd?

In my opinion he has lost 3 in a row.

Corley showed he gets confused very easliy if you stick to the basics - straight punches, move and work behind the jab, which Khan and Prescott did also. He needs adapt a bit, his style needs reflexes like a cat, he was getting caught way too much.

Come to think of it, I have no idea how he was leading the Corley fight.
glue glove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #32
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 75
Default Re: Any news on who Paul McCloskey is fighting on Sept. 22nd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glue glove View Post
In my opinion he has lost 3 in a row.

Corley showed he gets confused very easliy if you stick to the basics - straight punches, move and work behind the jab, which Khan and Prescott did also. He needs adapt a bit, his style needs reflexes like a cat, he was getting caught way too much.

Come to think of it, I have no idea how he was leading the Corley fight.

His used to work his way into midrange wit hthe shoulder and use his looping punches to his advantage, his hip movement was very good, moving at the waist and working the body and head with hook combos and good counter punches, he made a big statement when he came in on very short notice to hammer Colin Lynes into verbal submission.

Prescott busted up his nose because he just literally walked into those shots, Corley, come on, he just swung, he was hitting McCloskey at will, there wasn't much science involved in Corleys work, McCloskey was just ****in atrocious.

And I agree, personally Nick Halling and Jim Watts commentary made me shake my head, I literally turned to my mate and asked "what ****in fight are they watching?" Corley battered McCloskey the whole fight no question. its a stain on irish boxing that McCloskey was ahead
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #33
Box Fan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Default Re: Any news on who Paul McCloskey is fighting on Sept. 22nd?

We are all the #dudeyarmy #believe #comeback

Hasnt had any luck... stopped prematurely v Corley and the cut against Khan was a joke... #CheatedNotDefeatedTwice
Box Fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Any news on who Paul McCloskey is fighting on Sept. 22nd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Fan View Post
We are all the #dudeyarmy #believe #comeback

Hasnt had any luck... stopped prematurely v Corley and the cut against Khan was a joke... #CheatedNotDefeatedTwice
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #35
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Republic of Mancunia via El Paso Sligo
Posts: 7,903
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Any news on who Paul McCloskey is fighting on Sept. 22nd?

Laz, listed a few decent potential opponents.

He was supposed to fight Curtis Woodhouse at one stage but 'people' turned their collective noses up at it, would they still?

If not Anwar, Hamilton, Theoinsane or even Alex Arthur would be acceptable.

Despite the slating he always gets here he is still probably the second best LWW in the UK after Khan. A damning indictment of the division maybe.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #36
Box Fan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Default Re: Any news on who Paul McCloskey is fighting on Sept. 22nd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
Laz, listed a few decent potential opponents.

He was supposed to fight Curtis Woodhouse at one stage but 'people' turned their collective noses up at it, would they still?

If not Anwar, Hamilton, Theoinsane or even Alex Arthur would be acceptable.

Despite the slating he always gets here he is still probably the second best LWW in the UK after Khan. A damning indictment of the division maybe.
Need to get an opponent announced asap.
Box Fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #37
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Default Re: Any news on who Paul McCloskey is fighting on Sept. 22nd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
McCloske is terrible to watch, and I don't buy into all this 'He's past his best, his reflexes are gone' bullshit, he's just never been that good.
He does have some boxing skills dude its just his defence is awful
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013