Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #31
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan-Prescott 2 makes the Most Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Rarely do I agree with you but I think you made a few good points.

The obvious ways to beat Prescott is to either apply intelligent pressure on the inside (which Khan cannot do) or to counterpunch (which Khan has never done).

The height issue is another. Has Khan been schooled in fighting taller/bigger fighters; I'm not sure. Khan fights pretty 'tall', this wouldn't be as effective against Prescott.

Khan is fast enough to become a good counterpuncher, in terms of handspeed but reaction wise I'm not sure.

Stylistically Prescott is wrong for Khan. However, could Khan fight Prescott like Mitchell did... probably.
Khan will have to fight Prescott the way Mitchell did , or it will end the same way it did last time out

Khan should fight Prescott the same way he should fight everybody , hit and move , throw straight punches and dont hook with a hooker , this is the way Khan should be fighting every time he's out , why ??? he cannot fight inside , basic slipping and countering , rolling , he just doesnt seem to be able to do it , and ofcourse his chin is vulnerable
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #32
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
I remember the time just before McCloskey when I said this was the fight to be made. Only me and Miguel2010 thought this. The reasons I made then are the same now, in addition to his subsequent losses.

I stated that Khan will always have trouble with fighters his size and bigger. I said that Prescott would always cause him problems.

He should stay away from WW for as long as he can, unless he fights Malignaggi.

Its funny how people's opinions change so quickly.

His next three fights should be Prescott, Peterson and Garcia. They are all winnable fights for him although won't be easy by any means.

Prescott as a homecoming, warmup. If he wins he builds momentum, the comeback angle will gather pace. Then should he beat Peterson and Garcia he'd be undisputed LWW champ and have done a Lennox.

Its the only way he can become credible at high end world level again, otherwise he'll be looked at as a kind of Zab Judah.
Agree with this, Khan if able to can box on the outside and beat Prescott, Peterson and Garcia, its when he gets involved he gets caught as he is so focused on offense and not what might come back.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #33
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Khan will have to fight Prescott the way Mitchell did , or it will end the same way it did last time out

Khan should fight Prescott the same way he should fight everybody , hit and move , throw straight punches and dont hook with a hooker , this is the way Khan should be fighting every time he's out , why ??? he cannot fight inside , basic slipping and countering , rolling , he just doesnt seem to be able to do it , and ofcourse his chin is vulnerable
I dont really belive hs chin is that vulnerable, its just that when he gets caught its usually a peach of a punch as he isnt defending it, he's fully open to it and the punches he has been stopped with would probably stop most.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #34
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
I dont really belive hs chin is that vulnerable, its just that when he gets caught its usually a peach of a punch as he isnt defending it, he's fully open to it and the punches he has been stopped with would probably stop most.
ive never seen him hold a solid shot, his legs completely go from under him, it's very simmilar to the way Roy Jones get's ko'd these days.

There is certainly no way he can ever afford to trade on his chin
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #35
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
ive never seen him hold a solid shot, his legs completely go from under him, it's very simmilar to the way Roy Jones get's ko'd these days.

There is certainly no way he can ever afford to trade on his chin
As I stated its usually cos he get caught with a beauty, flush on the chin / head.

The Maidana fight has been his undoing cos he thought he could fight after that win, great fight, great win, perhaps a bit fortunate not to get stopped but to me that has lead to him thinking he can stand a bang with the best of them and clearly he cant.

Still not convinced his chin is really that bad.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #36
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
As I stated its usually cos he get caught with a beauty, flush on the chin / head.

The Maidana fight has been his undoing cos he thought he could fight after that win, great fight, great win, perhaps a bit fortunate not to get stopped but to me that has lead to him thinking he can stand a bang with the best of them and clearly he cant.

Still not convinced his chin is really that bad.
his problem is lack of power too, I mean after he got dropped Garcia was ****ing WIDE open as he finished Khan off, and Khan was catching him flush

I immediately thought back to Ortiz/Berto and how that one went, Ortiz knocking Berto half way across the ring when berto got wild and tried to finish Ortiz off.

But Amir just doensn't have the power, Garcia was walking through him, Khan has no deterrent

hope he realises this and changes up his style big time
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
his problem is lack of power too, I mean after he got dropped Garcia was ****ing WIDE open as he finished Khan off, and Khan was catching him flush
similarities between that fight and the limond fight(timing to beat speed) but Khan had no power to stop Garcia
mishima is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #38
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I immediately thought back to Ortiz/Berto and how that one went, Ortiz knocking Berto half way across the ring when berto got wild and tried to finish Ortiz off.

But Amir just doensn't have the power, Garcia was walking through him, Khan has no deterrent

hope he realises this and changes up his style big time
He doesnt have great power but enough to hurt annoy anyone, he just needs to learn to box clever and not engage like he has been doing.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #39
Alien
Chin Scholar
ESB Addict

Zero chance he will fight Prescott.
Alien is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum