Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 533 80.39%
False 130 19.61%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #931
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,336
vCash: 284988
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Tko6
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #932
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 124,477
vCash: 41998
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
On the subject of a Lennox Lewis rematch, Vitali had this to say:

"That son of a bitch told me that I would get it within three months! I don't think I will ever get it. They betrayed me, they didn't keep their promise, they tricked me, and I don't care anymore. I'M FED UP WITH THIS WORLD!"




[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
"I'll kill you, you BASTARD! You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep. "



[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


"You couldn't kill me if you tried! As far as I'm concerned you can drop off the earth...that's a promise!"


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Vitali Wiseau...that poor eastern European weirdo.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #933
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 0
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Vitali has no legacy. None.
"What makes you say that?"


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #934
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 0
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Vitali Wiseau...that poor eastern European weirdo.

"Thaaaat's meeee!"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #935
Alien
Chin Scholar
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,461
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
"What makes you say that?"

The fact that all his fans can talk about is a loss in his prime to a shot fat Lennox Lewis.

The reason is there is nothing else to talk about in Vitali's career.

Thus he has no legacy. None.
Alien is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #936
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post

There's a thing called luck in sports: Lewis was lucky, but he isn't more skilled than Vitali. If you think so, you're an idiot and you never watched the bout. Vitali did win the event, because he showed that he was better and Lewis was simply lucky.
Who said girls,Americans and Mainland Europeans don't do irony?
Classic comedy awesome.Keep up the good work.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #937
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 0
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
The fact that all his fans can talk about is a loss in his prime to a shot fat Lennox Lewis.

The reason is there is nothing else to talk about in Vitali's career.

Thus he has no legacy. None.
"HA HA HA What a story, Alien. But anyway, how is your *** life? My Shannon is great when I get it."


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #938
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 0
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Who said girls,Americans and Mainland Europeans don't do irony?
"You and your stupid mother!"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #939
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 0
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

-"Ah, don't plan too much. It might not come out right. "

-"It seems to me that you are the EXPERT, Lenny!"


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #940
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
"You and your stupid mother!"
You're out of line mister!
My mama's not stupid!

Just because she's beautiful doesn't mean she's unintelligent.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #941
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 9,164
vCash: 0
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
You're out of line mister!
My mama's not stupid!

Just because she's beautiful doesn't mean she's unintelligent.
"Whatever, I don't care "

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #942
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Horsens, Denmark
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 4021
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Vitali has no legacy. None.
No legacy? So do you think that he ISN'T a HOF'er?
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #943
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Horsens, Denmark
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 4021
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I think maybe it's time we let go of the idea that destroying Kirk Johnson is very meaningful, or enough of a statement to "scare" an ATG into retirement.

LL knew what VK was all about. He'd shared the ring with him. It isn't like the Johnson result told him any more than what he already knew. Klitshcko had thrown his best at him already and failed.
Maybe.. Maybe not.. But Lennox retired right after Vitali was made his mandatory.. That tells us something..
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #944
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishFightfan View Post
Maybe.. Maybe not.. But Lennox retired right after Vitali was made his mandatory.. That tells us something..
All it tells us is that Lennox knew he had nothing left in the tank.After a decade at the top and being 38 it's a perfectly feasible conclusion.
What did it tell you?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #945
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Horsens, Denmark
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 4021
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
All it tells us is that Lennox knew he had nothing left in the tank.After a decade at the top and being 38 it's a perfectly feasible conclusion.
What did it tell you?
I think Lewis retired at the right time.. Because he was past it. But i think if he was confident in beating Vitali a 2nd time, then he would have done it..
Also if he had the chance to fight again to collect a safe pay check, then i think he would have done that too..
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013