Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #121
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
It's like MMA has gone from the attitude of Marciano to Mayweather in about 5 years, God bless corporate sports
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #122
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Zuffa can buy all the rival promotions they want, but I wonder if there is going to come a time before they realise they need the Marquee names more than they need them

Cant see the happening in the US though
Can't see that ever happening in MMA. If you'd said this 5-6 years ago i would have seriously thought twice. Ironic to think in years gone by we had legitimate super fights. But thats not the case anymore.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #123
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Look at the top 10 MW rankings. Half those guys are refugees from 205. The undisputed #1 contender to Silva's title is a guy with 9 career fights.

Which division is shit again?
Cain got his title shot after his 8th fight with Big Nog and i remember BJ getting his first title shot against Jens Pulver after his 3rd or 4th fight
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #124
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ponce
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Would Sonnen at that weight really give him so many problems? Not a big mma fan, but Henderson/Jones would have been good. Hopefully they still fight in the future.
tito44 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #125
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,284
vCash: 157
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Jones would have crushed Sonnen. The first round wouldn't even have been competitive. The moment Jones stuffed Sonnen's power double it would have been a painful night for the gangster from Oregon. But - Sonnen would have gotten a fat payday and a pass for the loss because no one except the most dim witted Sonnenites out there know he has no chance to beat Jon Jones even with the benefit of a full training camp.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #126
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
Jones would have crushed Sonnen. The first round wouldn't even have been competitive. The moment Jones stuffed Sonnen's power double it would have been a painful night for the gangster from Oregon. But - Sonnen would have gotten a fat payday and a pass for the loss because no one except the most dim witted Sonnenites out there know he has no chance to beat Jon Jones even with the benefit of a full training camp.
There are still people who are actually FANS of Sonnen?
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #127
JohnJohn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Josh Barnett once cancelled a whole organization.
JohnJohn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #128
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Northwoods of Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Doesn't anyone think that what Jones did is good for the sport? Picture what would have happened if he'd accepted the Sonnen fight, beat him to a quick and boring finish that everyone had expected on top of a lame card, people would be pissing and moaning about it no end. "Another week card for the UFC". "A waste of $50 again." etc etc. Do people honestly think a guy that was going to fight Dan Henderson, who is better at every single thing than Sonnen and who would have fought Machida if he'd accepted was AFRAID to fight Sonnen? Come on. Do you really think he should have signed on for any farce that they "offered" him, no matter how lousy? Matt Hamil? Tim Boetsch? Jon Fitch? Charlie Brenneman? Seriously, fighting Sonnen would have been beneath him and the sport and **** the UFC or White or whoever wanted to make their buck selling a shitty main event to fans for $50.

Seriously folks, ask yourself how much you'd all be bitching if that was the main even. Seriously.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #129
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
Doesn't anyone think that what Jones did is good for the sport? Picture what would have happened if he'd accepted the Sonnen fight, beat him to a quick and boring finish that everyone had expected on top of a lame card, people would be pissing and moaning about it no end. "Another week card for the UFC". "A waste of $50 again." etc etc. Do people honestly think a guy that was going to fight Dan Henderson, who is better at every single thing than Sonnen and who would have fought Machida if he'd accepted was AFRAID to fight Sonnen? Come on. Do you really think he should have signed on for any farce that they "offered" him, no matter how lousy? Matt Hamil? Tim Boetsch? Jon Fitch? Charlie Brenneman? Seriously, fighting Sonnen would have been beneath him and the sport and **** the UFC or White or whoever wanted to make their buck selling a shitty main event to fans for $50.

Seriously folks, ask yourself how much you'd all be bitching if that was the main even. Seriously.
I think you're confusing the 100 ESB posters to the casual fans that frequent/attend these events.
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #130
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
Doesn't anyone think that what Jones did is good for the sport? Picture what would have happened if he'd accepted the Sonnen fight, beat him to a quick and boring finish that everyone had expected on top of a lame card, people would be pissing and moaning about it no end. "Another week card for the UFC". "A waste of $50 again." etc etc. Do people honestly think a guy that was going to fight Dan Henderson, who is better at every single thing than Sonnen and who would have fought Machida if he'd accepted was AFRAID to fight Sonnen? Come on. Do you really think he should have signed on for any farce that they "offered" him, no matter how lousy? Matt Hamil? Tim Boetsch? Jon Fitch? Charlie Brenneman? Seriously, fighting Sonnen would have been beneath him and the sport and **** the UFC or White or whoever wanted to make their buck selling a shitty main event to fans for $50.

Seriously folks, ask yourself how much you'd all be bitching if that was the main even. Seriously.
Henderson vs Jones is obviously a much better fight, but if it can't happen... I'll watch Sonnen get massacred. Boring is if Jones would carry Sonnen for 5 rounds. Exciting is Jones gives him the beat down in the 1st. I love good, *competitive* fights, but I'll gladly watch the beat down/ KO.
Primenal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #131
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Northwoods of Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ufc 151 officially cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
Henderson vs Jones is obviously a much better fight, but if it can't happen... I'll watch Sonnen get massacred. Boring is if Jones would carry Sonnen for 5 rounds. Exciting is Jones gives him the beat down in the 1st. I love good, *competitive* fights, but I'll gladly watch the beat down/ KO.
For $50 you'd take that card with a gimme beatdown at the top? Really? This is an honest question, if it were Tim Boetsch or Yushin Okami or someone fighting Jones, would that still be worth your time and money? Jon Fitch? What WOULD you consider to be a bullshit farce?
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013