Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Boranbkk - Judged Tum Sityodtong Tonight.

Judged Tum Sityodtong's 87th fight tonight - he has emigrated to Melbourne and was main event on the card. Awesome Thai style - teep and push kick were awesome. Know him?
PIRA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Boranbkk - Judged Tum Sityodtong Tonight.

I know his gym and trainer. The absolute best historically.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Old 08-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Sorry Pira never heard of him, but as Flea says Sityodtong is a legendary gym based in Pattaya. (I'm sure u know that already!)

Just did a quick search and it seems like he's travelled around abit, Italy Singapore, Oz. Looks like he never set the world alight in the stadiums of BKK as the Sityodtong site says never got a stadium, tounament or TV channel belt:

"With experiences in Thai boxing for 80 fights, win 70 times lose 8 times, and draw 2 times Muaythai Champion in Eastern region (120 lbs)"

But as we all know even the most undecorated of Thais still does the business on most foreigners!

Good luck to him in OZ.

Sounds like you had a good Friday night then!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

hes an instructor at the Sityodtong camp. Seems to be quite well known as a trainer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Kru Tum will be teaching and competing out of SMAC between August and November 2012."

here is a training vid of him.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGd02hiuNA[/ame]

Last edited by yaca you; 08-24-2012 at 05:59 PM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That's him. Thought I heard he was emigrating, maybe wrong.

Great timing, nice lead leg work all round. Not much grappling in the fight as it was mostly kicks. Was a pretty good Friday night although my boy's opponent pulled out the day before so we didn't get a fight.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
That's him. Thought I heard he was emigrating, maybe wrong.

Great timing, nice lead leg work all round. Not much grappling in the fight as it was mostly kicks. Was a pretty good Friday night although my boy's opponent pulled out the day before so we didn't get a fight.
your boy? your son?

Dont know if Tum is immigrating or not, just that I pulled that quote from an Australian gym's website.

I coulndt find any fight vids on Tum just training footage. seems to be somewhat young yet. maybe he still has a fighting career in front of him?

Last edited by yaca you; 08-25-2012 at 02:46 AM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #7
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
your boy? your son?

Dont know if Tum is immigrating or not, just that I pulled that quote from an Australian gym's website.

I coulndt find any fight vids on Tum just training footage. seems to be somewhat young yet. maybe he still has a fighting career in front of him?
Figure of speech. One of the guys I train fighting at 88kg. Fighting twice in September if all goes to plan.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That photo does look recent as well yaca you (the shorts even look the same) - he did look young and is still prime I would say. He will get a lot of fights in Australia as he could easily move between weight categories in very active divisions.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Good luck to your lad in September. Fighting twice in one month, that's the spirit! Which one is he on the poster?

Remember most Thais are done by time they're in their early 20s especially if the chance of TV or stadium fights has passed them by. Looking at his nuber of fights for his aproximate age as well as his limited achivements this may have been the case hence his switch over to training. The gyms can be pretty ruthless in getting guys (expenses) out of their gyms if their finacial opportutnies are drying up. He's lucky to have the Sityodtong connection, proabaly opens the doors a bit easier if your a young ex fighter needing to make a living.

Oz may suit him well if he's creeping up the weight divisons anyway, proabaly alot more fight oppurtunity above 147 hence some good pay days. Good to be based in OZ for regional fights in Singapore, China, HK nad Malaysia to.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Good luck to your lad in September. Fighting twice in one month, that's the spirit! Which one is he on the poster?

Remember most Thais are done by time they're in their early 20s especially if the chance of TV or stadium fights has passed them by. Looking at his nuber of fights for his aproximate age as well as his limited achivements this may have been the case hence his switch over to training. The gyms can be pretty ruthless in getting guys (expenses) out of their gyms if their finacial opportutnies are drying up. He's lucky to have the Sityodtong connection, proabaly opens the doors a bit easier if your a young ex fighter needing to make a living.

Oz may suit him well if he's creeping up the weight divisons anyway, proabaly alot more fight oppurtunity above 147 hence some good pay days. Good to be based in OZ for regional fights in Singapore, China, HK nad Malaysia to.

We are main event - Rease Mamaku.

You are spot on with your summation - I think we now are lucky to have about a dozen Thai trainers in our state alone, some training and some fighting!
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Good luck to your boy Reese Pira.

Got a question for you that's bugging me and as your a judge you may have the answer. I've just spent the last few weeks rewatching all the K1 Max events and having never fought under K1 rules couldn't figure out if in Japan under K1 if any merit is given to thows or sweeps that take a guy to the deck like an MT throw to the deck, sweep or just a straight kick to the leg that takes the guy down. It seems they don't score anykind of positive for this at all, right?
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #12
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Good luck to your boy Reese Pira.

Got a question for you that's bugging me and as your a judge you may have the answer. I've just spent the last few weeks rewatching all the K1 Max events and having never fought under K1 rules couldn't figure out if in Japan under K1 if any merit is given to thows or sweeps that take a guy to the deck like an MT throw to the deck, sweep or just a straight kick to the leg that takes the guy down. It seems they don't score anykind of positive for this at all, right?
Thanks mate.

I have judged a fair few local K-1 rules bouts and certainly score them provided only one hand is involved and it is clean. JWP - Zam twice is a couple that come to find - that teep that took Zambidis off his feet in the first round certainly scored. We have few of these fights these days on the shows I favour as modified Thai rules (everything but elbows) or full thai rules is far more popular and IMO far easier to judge.

Some of the MT based guys invalidate the throws by using two hands thus cannot be scored, also they don't get the torque in the technique and the fall is spoilt. The Japanese focus on evening up the grapple / striking odd's has made the rules very vague IMO. Any particular fight and we can do a RBR?
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Thanks mate.

I have judged a fair few local K-1 rules bouts and certainly score them provided only one hand is involved and it is clean. JWP - Zam twice is a couple that come to find - that teep that took Zambidis off his feet in the first round certainly scored. We have few of these fights these days on the shows I favour as modified Thai rules (everything but elbows) or full thai rules is far more popular and IMO far easier to judge.

Some of the MT based guys invalidate the throws by using two hands thus cannot be scored, also they don't get the torque in the technique and the fall is spoilt. The Japanese focus on evening up the grapple / striking odd's has made the rules very vague IMO. Any particular fight and we can do a RBR?
Intersting post Pira and like you I view it all through a FT Rules prism, whichwhen you watch Japanese K-1 slightly leaves you wondering whether you just watched a robbery or not. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "very vague". It's hard to know other than a head striike what is high on the scoring scale. It seems in the Japanese form of K1 any form of head strike with a heavy bent towards hands and knees score very highly.With quality round kicks to the mid section and legs being ingnored in favour of hands unless they are in an eyecatching combo. And any form of throw, sweep etc seems to be totoally ignored, which we know in MT are game changing moves.

There was no one fight in particular I was curious about, it's just I've been over dosing on Max the last few weeks and because I've been watching so manyback to back for the first time noticed the high amount of fights that when finished are slight head scratchers.
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum