Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118
Default Nana Konadu Was In Some Weird Fights

Fights in obscurity against no namers for the first 11 years of his career, sans the Moon matches (Odd TD shenanigans) which are preceded and are followed by said career languishing.

Scores a career best win against Sahaprom after 11 years in the game. Picks his ass up off the canvas to rattle Sahaprom's brains and gets the stoppage win. Good little performance against a very good fighter.

More TD madness against Chuwatana (Between him and Moon how many god damned TD's are there?)

Fast forward a few years from the Sahaprom win and he gives literally one of the worst performances from a world class fighter that I have ever seen against Tapia.

This is literally a ****ing Bantam Clottey/Pacquiao. Absolutely terrible.

What are your thoughts on Konadu's career as a whole? What was the story behind the terrible Tapia performance? Just how good was he?

He only fought several world class fighters in his 47 pro fight career. I have a hard time knowing what to make of him.
Russell is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Nana Konadu Was In Some Weird Fights

The way he capitulated against Moon the second time round was odd. Like he thought '**** am I fighting this guy again but I'll be damned if I'll not take my beating like a man'.

Hit Sahaprom so hard he forced him to rethink his game.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

What do you think of Sahaprom and Konadu's chins? Serviceable but crackable?

Konadu was of course only stopped by the barn door swinging Moon and past prime, but Sahaprom dumped him with that left hook in the first.

As for Sahaprom, he was stopped at different junctures of his career
Russell is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I've mentioned when talking about Konadu before that i think his decision to fight mostly tomato cans in Spain for years was one of the most wasteful periods from a talented world class fighter during that era.Or any era.

he wasn't around for ages before beating Roman for the title though, that was a fairly logical step up after about 4 years as a pro.

Who knows why he did it.Lost confidence against Moon maybe, or maybe he had more of a "part-time" sort of mentality to boxing all along and was happier doing that.When he came back he was still very good, but in his mid-thirties and just hit the wall against Tapia imo.Though i don't remember his effort being as bad as something like Clottey vs Pac, it's been ages since i last watched it.

The TD's were more a Moon speciality with all his sloppy aggression and leaping in.

All in all Konadu was an underachiever.He was a force at his best.
lora is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Do you feel that he's a great, or at least potentially great fighter?

How do you rate him H2H?
Russell is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

nah not a great for me, more really good\excellent.Talent doesn't come into it, he just wasn't involved enough.

He'd be a strong dark horse challenger for most fighters at 115 or 118.Likely to do better against fighters that will let him be the aggressor or get off first.The Moon fights showed he wasn't as effective when forced onto the backfoot, or crowded by a great puncher.He's not really a fighter you want to let build forward momentum as he just keeps firing out clusters of quality long hard jabs and seriously heavy handed rights.Takes a lot of sharpness to matador an attack like that, even if it wasn't the most versatile.

The Sahaprom fight is an example even with an older Konadu.Sahaprom had really good skills fuppy developed even at that early stage in true Thai stylist fashion, but despite starting strong and looking real good slipping KOnadu's punches, he gave up the iniative too much looking for counters and got caved in when Konadu just kept initiating with his straight punches and backed him into an awkward enough position to land.
lora is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Not only past his best but Tapia had the perfect style and gameplan to not let Konadu get off.

He would always be a tough matchup for Roman IMO. I dunno' why but I just don't rate Roman's power, although he did fight a lot of tough guys admittedly.

Anyone got any footage of him scoring one of his many stoppages?
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum