Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
The tigers have so many New Zealnders.... stop scratching ya mongoed head
more than the roosters??

roosters gettin rid of braith ( good move tho) .. bringin in SBW and james maloney , they will have more kiwi's in there side than the warriors(give brian smith some more time)...suggest name change...

" NEWZEALAND ROOSTERS " "SYDNEY ALLBLACKS"
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #9407
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Sharks will go down easy in the finals and are going back to their old ways, predictable and shit
Here's hoping. If the Raiders beat the Warriors and the Sharks go down to the Cowboys the Raiders get 6th spot and I get to see a home final That's crazy man. Its amazing how teams can sneak into a top 8 finals format. I did used to like to top 5 though.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #9408
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
I know Bodene can fight Teke , just have a doubt about him taking it back. Just dont know what hes like after blueing on for a hour after copping hundreds of head shots from a bloke who wont give up - just think whatever the mental and physical price Gallen will pay it and more .
I will try and dig up some of his old fights for ya as he has stepped in the ring a few times. As a 18 year old he was taking on men. I have doubts Gallen could even throw a punch.
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #9409
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

'Bodene' has gotta be up there with one of the most bogan names in the game.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #9410
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
more than the roosters??

roosters gettin rid of braith ( good move tho) .. bringin in SBW and james maloney , they will have more kiwi's in there side than the warriors(give brian smith some more time)...suggest name change...

Maloney is an Aussie
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #9411
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
more than the roosters??

Maloney isnt a kiwi
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #9412
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Once again let me say that getting an AFL man to run rugby league is a stupid idea. The AFL would never in a million years consider the opposite. These goons with all the money have no ****ing idea. I want the boss of my game to have a passion for NRL.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #9413
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Once again let me say that getting an AFL man to run rugby league is a stupid idea. The AFL would never in a million years consider the opposite. These goons with all the money have no ****ing idea. I want the boss of my game to have a passion for NRL.

I'm not convinced on that idea, its not like Gallop was ever really a "League man" & i dont really know if this bloke is actually an "AFL man", i think he has a background in polo, went to all the private schools etc & just has a knack for buisness & sports administration

It would be remiss of the commision to just scout people associated with Rugby League, at the end of the day business accumen & being able to run the sport & grow it are more important, i dont think under the structure of the commision he'll make any decisions on rules & the like

The way the AFL have grown their product in recent years is admirable & if he has the nouse to do that then we'd be mad not to harness what he knows & his experience
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #9414
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Teke ask Johnny Lewis if Gallen can fight , was known to pug on with anyone in the gym . Sure Bodene would already know that .
perko is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #9415
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Teke ask Johnny Lewis if Gallen can fight , was known to pug on with anyone in the gym . Sure Bodene would already know that .
Johnny Lewis also said that Les Mason could not only fight, but could have been world champion.

Gallen, Carney and Billy Dibb were on a segment on the game plan a few weeks back measuring their punching power and Gallen came third out of the three.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #9416
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Teke this ones for you cause your close to both camps , can Manly beat the Titans by more than 10 points on Saturday arvo , its the big greedy game in our local footy tipping comp which I'm running second in and going the wrong way will cost me 12 gorillas - tip and by how many and which ****in coaches are gunna rest players.
perko is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #9417
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Teke this ones for you cause your close to both camps , can Manly beat the Titans by more than 10 points on Saturday arvo , its the big greedy game in our local footy tipping comp which I'm running second in and going the wrong way will cost me 12 gorillas - tip and by how many and which ****in coaches are gunna rest players.
Titans to cause an upset like they did earlier in the season against them.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #9418
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Johnny Lewis also said that Les Mason could not only fight, but could have been world champion.

Gallen, Carney and Billy Dibb were on a segment on the game plan a few weeks back measuring their punching power and Gallen came third out of the three.

hahaha seen les mason get schooled and sat on his arse bout 2 months before his pro debut agaist the very experienced johnny justice lol, happend at a newcastle hotel, bloke was at least 30kg lighter than him , after the fight mason pretended to be his best friend and was buying him drinks and telling him and every1 how he ko'd paul briggs in sparring
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #9419
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post

Is this for real????
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #9420
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
Is this for real????
Pretty sure I remember reading it. Though imo, I just think that Lewis is trying to motivate a troubled guy into dedicating his talents to professional sport, rather than going down the other road.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum