Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #9421
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
Teke ask Johnny Lewis if Gallen can fight , was known to pug on with anyone in the gym . Sure Bodene would already know that .
Bodene wouldnt know anything, the fella is quite young and not very smart at all
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #9422
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
Teke this ones for you cause your close to both camps , can Manly beat the Titans by more than 10 points on Saturday arvo , its the big greedy game in our local footy tipping comp which I'm running second in and going the wrong way will cost me 12 gorillas - tip and by how many and which ****in coaches are gunna rest players.
Well the Titans will be without Harro & Srama and are playing a few nuffies. If the broncos lose I reckon the Titans will play footloose and fancy free to TRY and put a score on the Eagles and they have beaten Manly a fair few times over the last few years. The boys have been practising kicking downfield from scrums so Dave can chase....but that is all blah blah blah....

Because T-Rex will more than likely bury Scott Prince 2 miles deep into the Earths core

Yep I think they can beat the Titans by more than 10.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #9423
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Thanks Teke , think I'll go with that.
perko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #9424
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
Thanks Teke , think I'll go with that.
This was posted by a bloke on the Titans forum... I think it's a strong possibility


In doing the form for this game I went back and looked at our record in Round 26 matches, because I had this sneaking suspicion that we have failed to ever run a season out with any steam:

50-6 LOSS to Melbourne
28-12 LOSS to Wests
38-4 LOSS to Manly (we played finals this year)
21-18 WIN v Wests (finished 3rd)
32-12 LOSS to Parramatta for Preston's farewell.

We will lose by 20 points plus this week.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #9425
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

nrl killing itself...and asking you why...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #9426
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
nrl killing itself...and asking you why...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You should get KKKels input
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #9427
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
You should get KKKels input

swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #9428
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Man I played league from 6 to 17.... All the way up to second division in group 4 for the north tamworth bears. In our case we had huge koori kids. One kid ****** neane had a ****ing goatee at 11 and would have dropped even a grown man. It got so boring because the big kid would get it, run the whole field and score with 8 opposition members hanging off him. One year we played with weight restrictions and there was essentially two comps. It was much better. No longer were kids getting smashed out on the wing and breaking bones or being reluctant to play for fear of injury.

Some cunt must have cried racism though because it went back to what It was the next year
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #9429
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Man I played league from 6 to 17.... All the way up to second division in group 4 for the north tamworth bears. In our case we had huge koori kids. One kid ****** neane had a ****ing goatee at 11 and would have dropped even a grown man. It got so boring because the big kid would get it, run the whole field and score with 8 opposition members hanging off him. One year we played with weight restrictions and there was essentially two comps. It was much better. No longer were kids getting smashed out on the wing and breaking bones or being reluctant to play for fear of injury.

Some cunt must have cried racism though because it went back to what It was the next year



I've had this argument with a mate a few times & i've come to accept there is an argument for both sides

He was always a big kid & went on to play at a pretty high level & i've said that i support a weight aligned competition & he always shouts me down by saying "how do you expect kids to learn?" & that the cream will rise to the top, he reckons smaller kids have to earnt their stripes against the bigger kids & thatit gives them the required ticker to go on & become better players & i can see his point, but then again, not all kids want to be elite players

I think you have to possibly let the more mature kids who can handle it play against the big kids & let the less confident play at weight for age
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #9430
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Guys like Geoff Toovey and Trevor Gillmeister had to adapt and use what they had to their advantage... unfortunately not all little blokes have the skill and probably are scared off by the sheer size of some islander kids etc.

The parents have the final say... i wish i had a dollar for everytime i heard a kids parents say "he wanted to play rugby league but we saw the big islander kids and put him in soccer instead"

But as you say, their is an arguement that a weight based system doesnt prepare smaller guys to be elite players. When they get to the top level and have to play against massive forwards it will have severe consequences. I do like the idea of a weight based system that lets smaller guys play with the bigger blokes if they want to but it would be pretty hard to implement and enforce i reckon
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #9431
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

kids dont learn a thing before the age of 14.
no point whatsoever in sending them out to get trampled other than putting them off the game for life
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 AM   #9432
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
kids dont learn a thing before the age of 14.
no point whatsoever in sending them out to get trampled other than putting them off the game for life





maybe you didnt

maybe thats a reflection of where you're at now
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:28 AM   #9433
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
maybe you didnt

maybe thats a reflection of where you're at now

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #9434
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




now only if you'd have taken the view that learning starts before 14, you could look a whole lot better than that
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #9435
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
now only if you'd have taken the view that learning starts before 14, you could look a whole lot better than that
your views arent worth the dogshit on my lawn.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013