Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #31
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: We can all agree Canelo has the tools to be a GREAT fighter right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
You got a Justi'n Beiber AVY which means you don't know shit about boxing.

he fights Lara to get ready for a crafty counter puncher like Mayweather
nobody in the world would fight Cotto then Lara it doesnt make business sense. If you beat Cotto you go straight to Mayweather
PrinceN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #32
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: We can all agree Canelo has the tools to be a GREAT fighter right....

Quote:
hopefully it does not back fire on them he is basically the future of the sport frankly speaking and they need to let him be
Oh dear!!! The future of the sport? If he is the future of the sport.......NFL here I come.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #33
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

To be honest I hope Mayweather never gives this guy the pay-day he so desperately wants. Knowing Money May, he probably will just to rake in another big money event and retire.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #34
MetalLicker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The reality is that the corrupted WBC and Golden Boy conspired to gift him the WBC belt. They want him to maximize his earning by giving him a belt, but not have him fight any threats so he can keep making them money.

Some idiots defend GBP like they're saints, but you tell by their actions with Canelo that they're as corrupted as anyone else. They way they're sidestepping legit opponents is ridiculous. I've never seen a fighter this protected in all my years of watching boxing, by his promoter and a boxing organization at the same time.

Golden Boy want the best of both worlds, but that's not how it works. If you give the kid a belt, he has to defend that belt against contenders who want that belt. The WBC is doing everything in its power to keep legit challengers miles away from reaching him. This whole thing is turning into a side-show.
MetalLicker is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #35
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

This kid is the future other than Mayweather, Pacquiao and Cotto

CANELO is the next big superstar of the sport for sure unless Josesito does the unthinkable
bronx is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #36
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

you ask any casual boxing fan and they know who Canelo is more so that Chavez Jr.
bronx is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

lo que le paso al tiburon este en Cuba, es lo que le va a pasar a Canelo si siguen feeding him crap, he won't be prepared.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElPUA6R_3I[/ame]
garfios is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #38
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
nobody in the world would fight Cotto then Lara it doesnt make business sense. If you beat Cotto you go straight to Mayweather
He ain't beating Cotto neither Lara...
garfios is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #39
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Yeah, I don't know why GBP aren't showing more confidence in him and are somewhat babying him...but it must be said that JCC Jr. was babied FAR worse at this point in his career (and far beyond)
But he wasn't hogging a belt. Since he won one a year ago, he's had respectable comp and now takes on a guy that should take his head off
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #40
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This kid is the future other than Mayweather, Pacquiao and Cotto

CANELO is the next big superstar of the sport for sure unless Josesito does the unthinkable
No, Bronner is the next one. 2 big wins away, and Martinez after he destroys jr will get well known
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

i just wonder y goldenboy is protecting him so much. is he a chinny mofo? LOL
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #42
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

I don't understand why Golden Boy is babying him either. I think he'd smash the likes of Bundrage, Kirkland, etc in the division. He's a future superstar barring a major disaster in the near future.

I also think he'd be able to take Cotto in December or mid 2013 and Mayweather by late 2013 or early 2014.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #43
boxingbull
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I agree with what some said making him the champ too early is not helping and its putting more pressure on him. It also does not help that golden boy has alot of the 154lbers so the excuse about cross promotion cannot be used goldenboy has Kirkland (atleast a few weeks ago) Angulo and Lara. I think after this fight he may need to step up his competition slightly (not dramatically like some suggest) why not fight Alfredo Angulo hes mad durable and if Alvarez can take his punch like I think he can he should be fine it makes for an exciting fight too.
boxingbull is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #44
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
No, Bronner is the next one. 2 big wins away, and Martinez after he destroys jr will get well known

at Broner being the next one.

Broner is pretty much doing the same shit Canelo is.

Fighting cans for paper belts and fighting a bunch of bums.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #45
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

I wouldn't mind Canelo's recent opposition if faggot ass Sulliman wouldn't have gifted him with that damn paper belt.
Zopilote is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum