boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #46
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West "by God" Virginia
Posts: 14,956
vCash: 1852
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
oh here we go.......


and its 7 pounds
Well.....
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #47
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
come to think of it, Miranda prolly busted bad Chad in the marbles.
Pipe! Thats just mean... funny, but mean!
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #48
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West "by God" Virginia
Posts: 14,956
vCash: 1852
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera2000 View Post
Pipe! Thats just mean... funny, but mean!

What up P2K?!


So, fact or fiction in here?
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #49
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 25,135
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRte0S2a_dA[/ame]
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #50
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
What up P2K?!


So, fact or fiction in here?
Oh, yes it is true that he just got to London.
The other I have no comment
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #51
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West "by God" Virginia
Posts: 14,956
vCash: 1852
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera2000 View Post
Oh, yes it is true that he just got to London.
The other I have no comment

Kind of figured. understood.


War Pantera!!
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #52
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,506
vCash: 588
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Insider View Post
I wonder how this will effect him going into his fight this weekend. 16oz gloves and head gear couldn't protect him from a Miranda punch.
No surprise there. Many of us have long said Dawson had a suspect chin. Probably isn't the first time he's been starched in sparring either.
Zakman is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #53
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
True, but now it does have me wondering how well Bad Chad is feeling losing that extra 8 lbs.
Yup legs are most likely going to be a lot weaker I reckon.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #54
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
Kind of figured. understood.


War Pantera!!
Yes, look forward to the fight. Thanks
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #55
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,506
vCash: 588
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
Is the weight drain affecting Dawson?
Nope. It's his fragile mandible!!!
Zakman is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #56
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

apparantly this rumor has been started by jeff mayweather. now, everyone knows that mayweather has ties to boxing but also that his nephew floyd has ties to...gambling.

so what better way to inflate the odds of a fight between ward and dawson but to start a rumor of chad being ko'd(chad has never even been knocked down)in sparring?

i dont trust these mayweathers. floyd himself has all but said that he has wagered on his own fights.

thread starter is correct that the rumor is a legit rumor but the voracity of the rumor is at question. only a few people know the truth and if chad did get ko'd in sparring that is a very, very, very bad sign.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #57
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 25,135
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
apparantly this rumor has been started by jeff mayweather. now, everyone knows that mayweather has ties to boxing but also that his nephew floyd has ties to...gambling.

so what better way to inflate the odds of a fight between ward and dawson but to start a rumor of chad being ko'd(chad has never even been knocked down)in sparring?

i dont trust these mayweathers. floyd himself has all but said that he has wagered on his own fights.

thread starter is correct that the rumor is a legit rumor but the voracity of the rumor is at question. only a few people know the truth and if chad did get ko'd in sparring that is a very, very, very bad sign.
yes, how easy would it be that the same newbie poster had time to make threads just like this in as many boards as he could find? he prob has been tweeting it too..... its all a bunch of ****....
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #58
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,187
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
No surprise there. Many of us have long said Dawson had a suspect chin. Probably isn't the first time he's been starched in sparring either.
How does Dawson have a suspect chin? He went to war with Glen Johnson and was never knocked down. He took Pascal's best shots and was never knocked down.

Even if this rumor was true (I'm guessing he was only knocked down not knocked out), Miranda does hit really hard. Miranda can knock anyone out if he lands cleanly.

EDIT: You are right though, this isn't probably the first time Dawson has been starched in sparring (I heard he got his ass handed to him by Andre Dirrell), so I'm not too worried about this news.

Last edited by Ripple633; 09-04-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #59
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
yes, how easy would it be that the same newbie poster had time to make threads just like this in as many boards as he could find? he prob has been tweeting it too..... its all a bunch of ****....
no, the post on sherdog was by jeff mayweather himself. so the rumor itself is true. for me the source is suspect as there may be some ulterior motive here by mayweather to further inflate the odds for dawson.

if dawson can fight effectively at 168 as he could at 175, +250 is ridiculous even in oakland.

this is a guy that has fought pascal, hopkins, glencoffee, tarver, adamek and harding. top, hard-hitting and elite competition at 175.

and now hes a +250 against a guy who cant ko people at 168?
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #60
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West "by God" Virginia
Posts: 14,956
vCash: 1852
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
no, the post on sherdog was by jeff mayweather himself. so the rumor itself is true. for me the source is suspect as there may be some ulterior motive here by mayweather to further inflate the odds for dawson.

if dawson can fight effectively at 168 as he could at 175, +250 is ridiculous even in oakland.

this is a guy that has fought pascal, hopkins, glencoffee, tarver, adamek and harding. top, hard-hitting and elite competition at 175.

and now hes a +250 against a guy who cant ko people at 168?
Excellent points

I've had bad Chad picked in this fight all along, though I've been second guessing that pick (common for me as a fight approaches ) and this "news" hasn't helped.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015