Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #61
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397
Default Re: Trout gets caught out! Mundine was telling the Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

You must remember Mundine spruked on and on and on about this Trout guy, why not then atleast have legal representation at a VERY important purse bid? anything short of that is a clear indication that Mundine never was seriouse about getting it on with Trout. To much Risk for few rewards but the proof is now in the pooding with Trout to face Cotto.
That's the issue with Mundine in relation to not taking the fight.

Mundine said he was searching for bigger and better things by not taking the Trout fight (in addition to the messing around from both camps with inking the fight) and now Trout has scored a fight with Cotto, which was a goal of Mundines.

He'll have to fight someone credible in his next fight to provide some justification for his course of action.

I wonder how much Trout will be making from the Cotto fight? Given Cotto has made almost $20m in his past two fights with Margarito and Mayweather, you would think he would make some handy coin.
dominator is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #62
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
That's the issue with Mundine in relation to not taking the fight.

Mundine said he was searching for bigger and better things by not taking the Trout fight (in addition to the messing around from both camps with inking the fight) and now Trout has scored a fight with Cotto, which was a goal of Mundines.

He'll have to fight someone credible in his next fight to provide some justification for his course of action.

I wonder how much Trout will be making from the Cotto fight? Given Cotto has made almost $20m in his past two fights with Margarito and Mayweather, you would think he would make some handy coin.
Austin Trout came away with the the big fight on the big network. While Anthony Mundine fought a relative nobody in front of less than 300 paying cutomers. Hopefully Mundine will fight a somebody next up. Another opponent the level of McKart and he might as well not bother.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #63
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Mundine claims that he was in negotiations with both TROUT and COTTO prior to the Cotto v Trout fight being made. somehow i dont believe this because any deal wanting to be stuck with Trout should have involved Mundine being involved in the purse bid orderd by the WBA.

I hope you guys are as critical with Green as you are with Mundine.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #64
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Mundine claims that he was in negotiations with both TROUT and COTTO prior to the Cotto v Trout fight being made. somehow i dont believe this because any deal wanting to be stuck with Trout should have involved Mundine being involved in the purse bid orderd by the WBA.

What on earth has Danny Green got to do with Mundine ducking Trout
You don't seem to be capable of posting in a thread and not mentioning Green, no matter what the real topic is
Old 09-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #65
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
What on earth has Danny Green got to do with Mundine ducking Trout
You don't seem to be capable of posting in a thread and not mentioning Green, no matter what the real topic is
well i see the same people bag Mundine out for every litle thing he does but the same people go quite when it comes to Danny Green, both are the most publicised fighters in AUS, its only right to be consistant so if your going to bag Mundine best not hold ones tounge when it comes to Danny Green.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #66
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
well i see the same people bag Mundine out for every litle thing he does but the same people go quite when it comes to Danny Green, both are the most publicised fighters in AUS, its only right to be consistant so if your going to bag Mundine best not hold ones tounge when it comes to Danny Green.
I see you have started a new Danny Green thread. Bag him there, not here
Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #67
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:

There's always been a double standard with Green's actions to Mundines.

I reckon the tide turned after the Briggs fight to be honest and now they are pretty much treated on the same level, well pretty close at least.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #68
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:

I reckon the tide turned after the Briggs fight to be honest and now they are pretty much treated on the same level, well pretty close at least.
I think few care about either these days.

It's just a pity that threads continually get polluted with crap about the pair. This thread is specifically about the question of Trout and Mundine ducking each other. So what has it got to do with the other guy? He is completely irrelevant to the topic.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #69
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
I think few care about either these days.

It's just a pity that threads continually get polluted with crap about the pair. This thread is specifically about the question of Trout and Mundine ducking each other. So what has it got to do with the other guy? He is completely irrelevant to the topic.
yeah ive never seen anyone mention Green in a Mundine thread before
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #70
Likatiga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Matters very little. Whether Mundine fights Cotto or Trout he will get his ass handed to him. He is well past his prime. I will admit he did looked reasonably sharp against McKart, but the bloke was 41 and spent a fair chunk of the fight on the ropes getting picked off. Mundine certainly won't have that luxury against either of these blokes.
Likatiga is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #71
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:

This.
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum