Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who should the great Geale fight next?
Golovkin 22 19.64%
Martinez 41 36.61%
Chavez Jr 15 13.39%
Soliman 6 5.36%
Pirog 3 2.68%
N'Dam N'Jikam 3 2.68%
Kid Choclate 1 0.89%
rematch the bum 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #76
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
It's a shame Stiffy didn't make it a public pole so we could see how desperate the alts are.
My bad mate, Is there a way I can edit the poll to reflect the voters choices?
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #77
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,052
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Cant your thick head fathom that people would want to see Geale v Mundine 2 and not be a fan of Mundine? wouldnt it be only fair to let Geale avenge his only loss or you dont care that he got knocked down by Mundine in the 2nd round and went on to loosing on the cards? so bittter are you?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
People are being realistic. Mundine won't rematch Geale and they don't want to see Mundine stuff him around again like he did in 09 and like he has Trout. Despite what Grange said here their is conflicting reports in the media this recent article suggests Geale still wants to rematch Mundine.
noise and ads in link.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #78
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
My bad mate, Is there a way I can edit the poll to reflect the voters choices?
Dunno, I know you have the choice when you make the pole, not sure if it can be changed later.

Ask a mod?
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #79
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
People are being realistic. Mundine won't rematch Geale and they don't want to see Mundine stuff him around again like he did in 09 and like he has Trout. Despite what Grange said here their is conflicting reports in the media this recent article suggests Geale still wants to rematch Mundine.
noise and ads in link.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Of course Geale wants to avenge his only loss, it seems the only people out of touch are the fans who have a sore ass and dont want to give Mundine an oppertunity to beat their boy, otherwise why would it concern them? No ones going to loose any sleep over Mundine stuffing anyone around, whats their to loose other than Geales titles? It would be Geales biggest payday todate but the fans dont want him to gets paid, they would rather he have a warm up fight against Soliman
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #80
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Sergio Martinez has led this poll from the start and not surprisingly is still the popular vote.

What a fight that would represent for Daniel Geale. The opportunity to add Martinez's WBC title to his IBF and WBA titles.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #81
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

8 options and Mundine is coming 2nd. Not bad hey girls lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #82
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Martinez after he blows JCC Jnr out of the water.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #83
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
IBO ordered the rematch because they are greedy money hungry bastards.

Mechanisms such as tape reviews are for cases of clear match fixing. Not for stripping a title of a closely won fight. Such a disgraceful decision by a corrupt boxing organisation. Mundine won that fight. Two judges at ringside saw it that way and many others on tv.

IBO abused their own rules for sanctioning fees. I still remember the tantrum Austin threw when he lost the sanctioning fees of a "rematch".

How would Geale feel if Sturm had the last fight tape reviewed and Anonymous judges watching on video tape gave the fight to Sturm and Geale was forced to rematch or lose his title?

WRONG!
Oredered because of obvious sham reffing/judging/officiating.

Cant compare the sturm fight to mundines. Sturm is a professional and acted accordingly, so why would you review it? Mundines corner acted shockingly at that fight, attempting to stand over judges etc, tape sham, etc etc etc.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #84
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

u forgot the 2nd round knockdown of Geale by Mundine. ... ^ This guy lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #85
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 942
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
WRONG!
Oredered because of obvious sham reffing/judging/officiating.

Cant compare the sturm fight to mundines. Sturm is a professional and acted accordingly, so why would you review it? Mundines corner acted shockingly at that fight, attempting to stand over judges etc, tape sham, etc etc etc.

It was a money grab. Plain and simple. It was all hearsay regarding the harassment of the ringside judge. That judge never filed an official complaint.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #86
like a boss
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Martinez after he blows JCC Jnr out of the water.
That is the biggest fight for Geale
like a boss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #87
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
u forgot the 2nd round knockdown of Geale by Mundine. ... ^ This guy lol
And the "slip" of mudine off a geale punch. Too many questions over this fight.

Im starting to think this fight wouldnt be a bad idea. Would shut down the man for good.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #88
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
And the "slip" of mudine off a geale punch. Too many questions over this fight.

Im starting to think this fight wouldnt be a bad idea. Would shut down the man for good.
What round did that occur in? I did see him slip in a round but didnt think much of it as being a knockdown, will have to check it out again. From the footage i viewed Mundine won the fight no doubt about it, sure it was a close fight but i gave the majority of the rounds to Mundine, he landed the cleaner punches and the knockdown he got in the 2nd round helped him a tone otherwise it was a pretty even fight.


Also what fight did Khoder say to Mundine, We dont have the judges for this fight, or something similar to that comment?


A Rematch wouldnt be good just for the haters but it will be finanically rewarding for Geale. Plus he can avenge his only loss, a few people didnt mind him fighting Soliman but the moment Mundine gets a mention the same people turn into rage monsters with no rational thought about the matter.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #89
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
What round did that occur in? I did see him slip in a round but didnt think much of it as being a knockdown, will have to check it out again. From the footage i viewed Mundine won the fight no doubt about it, sure it was a close fight but i gave the majority of the rounds to Mundine, he landed the cleaner punches and the knockdown he got in the 2nd round helped him a tone otherwise it was a pretty even fight.


Also what fight did Khoder say to Mundine, We dont have the judges for this fight, or something similar to that comment?


A Rematch wouldnt be good just for the haters but it will be finanically rewarding for Geale. Plus he can avenge his only loss, a few people didnt mind him fighting Soliman but the moment Mundine gets a mention the same people turn into rage monsters with no rational thought about the matter.
Great rational post, the Soliman/Mundine logic is crazy. If Mundine announced he may fight Soliman next there would be uproar.

It was the Geale fight that Khoder was saying that.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #90
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Soliman = IBF mandatory

Choc = IBF north American champion
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013