Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
laxpdx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How did boxing become popular in Mexico & Latin America in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
No offense, but you're stereotyping, even though you don't intend to. Latin Machismo has its roots in patriarchy, which pervade every society, but it's not a personal characteristic embedded in every Latin male spanning across countries and generations. Soccer is still the most popular sport throughout the region, and in some, baseball takes precedence; hardly tests of life-and-death struggle. Machismo may have a role in how we fight, but not necessarily why we watch. Eastern Europeans, Brits, the Irish, the Germans, and Southeast Asians all have their fistic masses of spectators as well.
I know it's not. I never said it was genetic, nor did I intend to. I just pointed out the manliness of boxing as a revered cultural aspect, that's all.
Socio-economic conditions figure heavily as well, be it Latin America, Eastern Europe, England, Ireland, Germany, Southeast Asia or the USA.

Last edited by laxpdx; 09-10-2012 at 06:29 AM.
laxpdx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #17
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120
Default Re: How did boxing become popular in Mexico & Latin America in general?

Where i come from , if a man tried 2 make a move on my sister , d next thing me and all of my brothers surround his house and attacked , then we'd take his head and hang it above our doorstep so every guest , spectator or a passing by person will know that our family and our father has respect .

In my village , d more heads r hanging above and near a family's doorstep , d more respect it has , and d more it gets 4 marrying its daughters if it has any at all .
frankenfrank is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum