Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #31
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816
Default Re: THE RING P4P LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED. Congrats to Andre Ward & Anselmo Moreno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
why do people try to take it away from pac that him and jmm had a really close fight. pac did not lose to a shot version of jmm. he fought a well prepared jmm who bulked up really good and have always had pac's number as seen in the previous 2 fights. i know, pac has long since moved to 147, but still jmm was huge in that fight and looked good and not shot at all.

it should more of a testament to jmm's greatness as well as pac's. these two were top pfp fighters when they fought. they should be at the top still and let the others like donaire and sergio to prove themselves more.

also, people take away too much from pac from the bradley loss. again that was a close fight but should have been pac's w, or worst case, a draw. still, bradley is a very decent opponent.
Williams was a top P4P guy when Martinez one punched him, as an underdog at that.
turbotime is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #32
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889
Default Re: THE RING P4P LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED. Congrats to Andre Ward & Anselmo Moreno.

good job i don't look at this shit in the morning, would ruin my day
this place sometimes.
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #33
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
What is peoples problem on here with Manny ? Talking about ranking Martinez over him, what bollocks. Ward may have a shout but for me Mayweather and Pacquaio are still blatantly the best boxers on the planet.
I disagree mate, Ward has a long way to go before de throning the top 3 , providing the top 3 continue winning

These men have been beating champions in multiple weight classes for over a decade

Ward is just scratching the surface in comparison
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #34
beefman180
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
So just who from Kessler, Froch & Dawson is better than Barrera, Morales, Marquez & Cotto ??? ..........................
He can't live off the Barrera, Morales, and Marquez wins for 10 years (he's 1-2 with Marquez IMO). Cotto is a great win, that's why I mention it.

I'm saying subjectively, beating Abraham, the number 2 in his divison Froch, and the #1 LHW Dawson who was also top 10 P4P, in the last two years is a lot more impressive than going 1-1 against Marquez and Bradley (lost to Marquez beat Bradley).

Rankings are subjective man, just my opinion.
beefman180 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #35
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

The double standard they applied when Pac robbed JMM but got jobbed against Bradley is staggering.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #36
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

1.PBF
2.JMM
3.Ward
4.Martinez
5.Pac
6.Donaire
7.Bradley
8.Gamboa
9.Cotto
10.Wlad
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #37
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Williams was a top P4P guy when Martinez one punched him, as an underdog at that.
floyd, pac and jmm.. these guys have proven themselves in big fights consistently over the years. pac has only had trouble with jmm who is a top fighter in this generation as well. sorry but i just don't see him losing to bradley so i don't count that. floyd, pac and jmm are solid at the top imo unless they lose clearly or slip by a lot.
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #38
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefman180 View Post
He can't live off the Barrera, Morales, and Marquez wins for 10 years. Cotto is a great win, that's why I mention it.

I'm saying subjectively, beating Abraham, the number 2 in his divison Froch, and the #1 LHW who was also top 10 P4P in the last two years is a lot more impressive than going 1-1 against Marquez and Bradley (lost to Marquez beat Bradley).

Rankings are subjective man, just my opinion.
Yes but in this case its factual

Pacquiao has beaten better fighters than Ward Period !!!, it doesnt matter when it was, infact it makes it more credible given that Manny's best wins where so long ago and he's still regarded as a P4P top fighter, in a much higher weight class

Froch and Kessler (you did mean Kessler not Abraham right ??) do not compare to beating in shape prime fighters (legendary fighters) like Barrera, Marquez and Morales, actually im not sure they compare to Cotto either, infact they dont

Then you have Chad Dawson who IMHO " was not " weight drained, he made the weight nicely and was just hammered by a better man, thats his premier performance / result to date without doubt (Ward), which puts him in better standing granted but not on Pacquiao's level
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #39
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
The double standard they applied when Pac robbed JMM but got jobbed against Bradley is staggering.
because pac-jmm was a real close fight between the two top 5, arguably top 3 p4p fighters and pac-bradley was an actual win for pac? there's no double-standard, pac was already pulled from being the top p4p fighter after the jmm fight. the ring mag according to their editorial mentioned something about not penalizing pac again for a poor decision in the bradley fight.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #40
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:

The JMM decision was rum but arguable, the Bradley farce was up there with the worst decisions in a modern world title fight.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #41
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Regardless, he is 1-1 in his last 2, against fighters he was supposed to easily beat. The top tier, 5 or so aren't supposed to be losing fights or else they can expect to be dropped.

Standard, really.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #42
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
because pac-jmm was a real close fight between the two top 5, arguably top 3 p4p fighters and pac-bradley was an actual win for pac? there's no double-standard, pac was already pulled from being the top p4p fighter after the jmm fight. the ring mag according to their editorial mentioned something about not penalizing pac again for a poor decision in the bradley fight.
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #43
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 92328

Donaire is up too high.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #44
beefman180
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Yes but in this case its factual

Pacquiao has beaten better fighters than Ward Period !!!, it doesnt matter when it was, infact it makes it more credible given that Manny's best wins where so long ago and he's still regarded as a P4P top fighter, in a much higher weight class

Froch and Kessler (you did mean Kessler not Abraham right ??) do not compare to beating in shape prime fighters (legendary fighters) like Barrera, Marquez and Morales, actually im not sure they compare to Cotto either, infact they dont

Then you have Chad Dawson who IMHO " was not " weight drained, he made the weight nicely and was just hammered by a better man, thats his premier performance / result to date without doubt, which puts him in better standing granted but not on Pacquiao's level

I said within the last two years did I not? So no, it's not fact. Pac has slipped noticeably enough in the last few years performance wise that I think Ward has surpassed him in opposition and quality of performance.

I meant Abraham cause I said in the last two years. I think that's a good broad view of what's still relevant in boxing these days. Top that with Froch and Dawson and you're damn right I rank Ward over Pac with Pac losing to Marquez and looking unimpressive against Bradley.

Ward isn't on Pac's level in HISTORY (yet) but Pac's place in boxing in 2012 is NOT the #2 P4P fighter in the world.

All combat sports are "what have you done lately" sports, not "what have you done" sports.
beefman180 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #45
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
i don't remember williams being a top p4p guy. can you refresh me?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum