Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #61
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889
Default Re: THE RING P4P LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED. Congrats to Andre Ward & Anselmo Moreno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
that's my actual score. what do you want me to do? i can give you my round by round scores if you want. i have it on an excel file somewhere.
Whatever man, have a nice day.
Hook! is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #62
beefman180
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: THE RING P4P LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED. Congrats to Andre Ward & Anselmo Moreno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
This depends on how you rank P4P fighters

Myself i look at ability, momentum and lastly resume / achievements

The mere fact that Abraham has been given a mention is quite literally " clutching at straws " the guy is a limited 1-2 upright european fighter with next to no " pure talent " and relies on brut strength and force

Pacquiao would stop Abraham now without a doubt regardless of size

Ward has one stoppage win in his exploits at the top of the sport worth raving over, Pacquiao has a highlight reel !!, im sorry they dont compare
Well your criteria is the same as mine then. 2012 Ward is ahead of 2012 Pac in terms of ability and momentum clearly, and in my opinion has enough of a resume to clearly put him ahead.

I don't see why you're acting like Abraham is the crux of my argument . He's just part of what Ward has done in the last two years, and even if you don't count him, going 2-0 against Froch/Dawson is a lot more impressive than going 1-1 against Marquez/Bradley.

You're right about one thing, 2012 Ward and 2012 Pac don't compare, and since ya know, it's 2012, and this P4P ranking list is for, ya know, 2012, Ward deserves the higher ranking.

And I'll leave you with that. P4P debate is as subjective as it gets but I feel I've made as much of my point as I can make.
beefman180 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #63
randy brown
$$$
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 250

dapidroid lost 2 consecutive fights. he's lucky shane was shot to shit by the time they faced. otherwise it would have been 0-3 for him. anyway, 2 consecutive losses mean he shouldn't even be in the list anymore. so to be at top 6-7, he's lucky.
randy brown is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #64
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
i don't remember williams being a top p4p guy. can you refresh me?
He was top 4 or 5 going into the rematch.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #65
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

Quote:
floyd's last 3 fights:

2010: mosley - shot
2011: ortiz - overhyped quitter
2012: cotto - pac's leftover

so floyd has since 2010 has only 3 fights against 1 shot fghter and 1 overhyped quitter and you think he is the best?
if those 3 are bad wins then what is

Mosley-even older
jmm-38 year old light weight
bradley-loss?
Quote:
First off, post a list, then pick at others !!!

Secondly, Pacquiao has done things Marquez is not capable of doing, brutal KO of Hatton, brutal demolition job on a prime Cotto, and the exploits above 140, Marquez stylistically matches Pacquiao really well, and is a better tactician, and yes i do believe he beat Pacquiao (3rd time) but overall i still have Manny ranked higher than Marquez due to achievements / standing in the sport !!

Marquez is a 4 weight world champion who began his career as a FW, Andre Ward is the closest thing there can be to an " undisputed " champion of ONE weight class

Marquez has fought the elite of the sport for well over a decade, Ward is just beginning to taste the elite of the sport right now !! , big difference, Ward will go on to be a P4P great, maybe #1 by this time next year, but Marquez right now is higher than Ward P4P based on what he's achieved & resume

Cotto once again is in there on achievements and ability, he is probably the best WW on the planet barring Mayweather and Pacquiao, he's without doubt top 3 @154 too, he's won and held world titles at 140, 47, & 54, he defines the term P4P, thats why he ranks P4P

Post your list up, then we can dance ...............................
either manny won or loss to manny either way one should not be ranked so high

1-floyd
2-ward
3-martinez
4-donaire
5-bradley
6-wlad
7-manny
8-jmm
9-gamboa
10-froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
why do people try to take it away from pac that him and jmm had a really close fight. pac did not lose to a shot version of jmm. he fought a well prepared jmm who bulked up really good and have always had pac's number as seen in the previous 2 fights. i know, pac has long since moved to 147, but still jmm was huge in that fight and looked good and not shot at all.

it should more of a testament to jmm's greatness as well as pac's. these two were top pfp fighters when they fought. they should be at the top still and let the others like donaire and sergio to prove themselves more.

also, people take away too much from pac from the bradley loss. again that was a close fight but should have been pac's w, or worst case, a draw. still, bradley is a very decent opponent.
either pac or jmm lost and therefore cant be ranked so damn high
Quote:
So just who from Kessler, Froch & Dawson is better than Barrera, Morales, Marquez & Cotto ??? ..........................
did he fight morales,barerra in the last 3 years??? and cotto is cool..but yea he beat jmm but at ww and he is a damn lightweight..did floyd get theat credit aswell??
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #66
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Forgot how pathetic the GF is.Ill be on my way.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #67
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14000

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
Floyds last 3 fights he has beaten 3 current champions

Mannys last 3 fights

Mosley-hadnt won in 2 years
Jmm-38 year old lightweight
bradley-lost

how in the hell are they tied?
Way too simplified

Mayweather's last opponents:

Shot Mosely who hurt him
Mentally incapable Ortiz
Past-prime Cotto

I think those Ring ratings are fairly accurate. They look very similar to mine
Collie is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #68
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
If you look at it logically it makes perfect sense. JMM beat Pac in a lot of peoples eyes, hence he isn't ranked lower due to being jobbed by Arum. Pac isn't punished as in most eyes he beat Bradley.

Why doesn't it make sense? For once they've treated both ill affected parties correctly.
if jmm beat manny..then how is he tied with floyd who has done nothing but dominate? and win?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #69
randy brown
$$$
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
Forgot how pathetic the GF is.Ill be on my way.
why, cause no one agrees with you? 1-2 are money and ward. no doubt about that. can't wait for broner to join the fray. pee pee mouth and dapidroid should be irrelevant. there are new sherrifs in town but floys the king until he retires. deal wit it.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #70
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412

Ward is the front runner to carry Floyd's torch but no way is he ahead of Pac. I know on paper Manny lost to bradley but he clearly beat a prime Bradley who is a better fighter p4p than Dawson imo. Plus Dawson gave Ward all the advantages. And of course Ward is not passing Floyd either. Floyd haven't skipped a beat on his career.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #71
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
Way too simplified

Mayweather's last opponents:

Shot Mosely who hurt him
Mentally incapable Ortiz
Past-prime Cotto

I think those Ring ratings are fairly accurate. They look very similar to mine
shane-he domianted
ortiz-he ko'd
cotto-snatched his title

when was the last time manny even fought a champion in his division?or even the #2 guy?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #72
randy brown
$$$
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
if jmm beat manny..then how is he tied with floyd who has done nothing but dominate? and win?
preach brotha. that's cus money may is head and shoulders above everybody
Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #73
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
1-floyd
2-ward
3-martinez
4-donaire
5-bradley
6-wlad

7-manny
8-jmm
9-gamboa
10-froch
can you please explain how these guys are over manny?
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #74
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Ward is the front runner to carry Floyd's torch but no way is he ahead of Pac. I know on paper Manny lost to bradley but he clearly beat a prime Bradley who is a better fighter p4p than Dawson imo. Plus Dawson gave Ward all the advantages. And of course Ward is not passing Floyd either. Floyd haven't skipped a beat on his career.
Ward beat all the topguys in his division while they were on top and prime then beat the lineal champion a division above him

manny is coming off of a loss and a shit fight against a 38 year old lightweight many feel beat him so how the hell is he over ward?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #75
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
when was the last time manny even fought a champion in his division?or even the #2 guy?
A long assed time ago.
turbotime is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum