boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Mundine's own country has written him off (again), people dismiss him as "done" or "wasted talent". People want to see him retire, they want him to **** off and shut up. I am sure Mundine can see the vultures of Australian boxing eyeing his dodgy hip and banking on him having poor punch resistance. Mundine would fight Geale for pride, he isn't ready to relinquish his throne just yet and as men we should get that.


Geale is the new darling of Australian boxing, humble, respectful and talented. Despite this he knows that everyone knows that "the man" had his scalp, that despite the plaudits he is a victim of Choc and always will be despite what he does. Geale needs to stop the whispers and redress the past, fight for revenge.

We as a forum are arguing about the wrong things, who cares about who makes what. The fact is when the first bell goes all we will be left with is pride against revenge, Mundine and Geale won't be giving a **** about money then - it will all be about the win.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 187
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

I hope Mundine continues to concentrate on his primary focus, money, & i hope he continues to be managed well in the pursuit of that

However, i respect Geale more for what seems an inexplicable reason, but in reality its probably that he is humble & respectful etc, thats his "shtick" & Mundine has his

I hope Geale is managed as well as Mundine & like mundine doesnt get hurt, however i dont want Mundine to leach off Geale, i'd prefer for Geale to make his own way , the ***** in his court, he doesnt need Mundine, i think the Australian public, greater public at that may be ready for a champion like Geale, he'll engage more than just the traditional boxing fraternity, he's got the ability to bring in the mainstream like Fenech did

Last edited by wide_open_road; 09-10-2012 at 07:47 PM.
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 1394
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

mundine is "done" and a "wasted talent"
Hmmm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Mundine's own country has written him off (again), people dismiss him as "done" or "wasted talent". People want to see him retire, they want him to **** off and shut up.
Mandy has brought on much of this himself, he was a great athlete and he ****ed it away after the Green win.

I do regard him as done at the top level, but he can easily continue to fight B level fighters and go ok.

Do I want him to retire? Don't really care now, he's not significant enough any more to make any impact on what happens in OZ boxing.
Quote:
I am sure Mundine can see the vultures of Australian boxing eyeing his dodgy hip and banking on him having poor punch resistance.
It's only the truth.
Quote:
Mundine would fight Geale for pride, he isn't ready to relinquish his throne just yet and as men we should get that.
I get it, but is it the truth? I doubt it.
Quote:
Geale is the new darling of Australian boxing, humble, respectful and talented.
Now this is the truth.
Quote:
Despite this he knows that everyone knows that "the man" had his scalp, that despite the plaudits he is a victim of Choc and always will be despite what he does. Geale needs to stop the whispers and redress the past, fight for revenge.
It seems that Geale himself wants the fight, but it doesn't look like either team does.

Myself, I don't really care either way.
My preference would be to continue where he's going and fight Martinez, etc.
But if he did fight Mandy in between the big fights, then so be it. Get it out of the way.
Quote:
We as a forum are arguing about the wrong things, who cares about who makes what.
True.
Quote:
The fact is when the first bell goes all we will be left with is pride against revenge, Mundine and Geale won't be giving a **** about money then - it will all be about the win.
Very true.
I just don't think it will happen.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Gorilla Arms
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

garth woods lol
Gorilla Arms is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #6
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Chocs legacy - Garth Woods wins by ko5 over Mundine lol.
perko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 2746
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

GARTH WOOD LOL

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Back...Way Backkkkk
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

In the end of the day,this fight makes more sence and money then ever before...They would be crazy not to have it....a win/win for both mundine & geale..a Geale win = a passing of the torch in australian boxing,he would be the new face of aussie boxing,be loaded,and BE KNOWN in his country,as well as being the man the end mundines career.
A mundine win,he achieved some sort of great achievment in boxing,becoming a unified champ etc,loaded,and can then demand the big states fights he desires because of them titles.
Thoughts?
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 187
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
In the end of the day,this fight makes more sence and money then ever before...They would be crazy not to have it....a win/win for both mundine & geale..a Geale win = a passing of the torch in australian boxing,he would be the new face of aussie boxing,be loaded,and BE KNOWN in his country,as well as being the man the end mundines career.
A mundine win,he achieved some sort of great achievment in boxing,becoming a unified champ etc,loaded,and can then demand the big states fights he desires because of them titles.
Thoughts?




Mundine hasnt worked hard enough, made the right decisions, or been succesful enough to leach off Geales recent success, i think he should forge his own way forward, fight another yank in America, but make it a better draw than mckart
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #10
patrick
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Mundine's own country has written him off (again), people dismiss him as "done" or "wasted talent". People want to see him retire, they want him to **** off and shut up. I am sure Mundine can see the vultures of Australian boxing eyeing his dodgy hip and banking on him having poor punch resistance. Mundine would fight Geale for pride, he isn't ready to relinquish his throne just yet and as men we should get that.


Geale is the new darling of Australian boxing, humble, respectful and talented. Despite this he knows that everyone knows that "the man" had his scalp, that despite the plaudits he is a victim of Choc and always will be despite what he does. Geale needs to stop the whispers and redress the past, fight for revenge.

We as a forum are arguing about the wrong things, who cares about who makes what. The fact is when the first bell goes all we will be left with is pride against revenge, Mundine and Geale won't be giving a **** about money then - it will all be about the win.







If you want to talk about vultures, then you might want to speak to some of the undercard fighters that BOXA have used over the years.

They might have a very different view on who the actual vultures are.

Regarding his future, he made his own decisions for his own reasons so now he'll just have to live with the perceptions that the boxing public of Australia have of him.

It's only ever been about $$$$$ and only a fool would think otherwise.
patrick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #11
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Mundine ****ed his own legacy up. He has/had the talent. Now he's just a shadow of what he could/should have been. Australia would have got behind him if he fought actual contenders.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #12
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 925
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

aussie opinion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #13
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 925
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #14
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
If you want to talk about vultures, then you might want to speak to some of the undercard fighters that BOXA have used over the years.

They might have a very different view on who the actual vultures are.

Regarding his future, he made his own decisions for his own reasons so now he'll just have to live with the perceptions that the boxing public of Australia have of him.

It's only ever been about $$$$$ and only a fool would think otherwise.
The morals of a Briggs vs Green sanctioning body.







Too much Mundine hate in this thread. We all know I am right, you're focusing on the wrong things.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #15
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Back...Way Backkkkk
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Default Re: It shouldn't be about money or fame to all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Mundine hasnt worked hard enough, made the right decisions, or been succesful enough to leach off Geales recent success, i think he should forge his own way forward, fight another yank in America, but make it a better draw than mckart
Read my post again champ...
I didnt say he deserves anything..I said the fight makes more sence then ever ATM. that is all
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015